Britney deserves Grace, ESPECIALLY from her fans

1 minute ago, BUWYGF said:

Hello fellow BreatheHeavy members,

I've noticed a growing trend within our community that deeply concerns me. It appears that many have taken to criticizing Britney's behavior on Instagram, labeling her as "crazy," "mental," and "detached." This discourse is not only harmful but fundamentally misunderstands the complexities of Britney's life and the journey she has been on.

Firstly, it's crucial to remember that Britney Spears is a human being, just like any of us. She has faced unimaginable pressures and scrutiny under the public eye, experiences that most of us will never fully understand. The expectations for her to revert to her "old" self—the highly polished, seemingly perfect pop icon—are unrealistic and ignore the personal growth and change every individual undergoes over time.

Britney's Instagram behavior, videos, or any form of expression she chooses should not be a target for your fury. These expressions harm no one. They are a reflection of her current state, her interests, her joys, and her struggles. Criticizing and shaming her for these expressions is a form of control and entitlement that mirrors the very constraints she fought so hard to escape from under her conservatorship.

So, some of you, please ask yourselves, why do you feel so entitled to dictate how Britney should live her life or express herself? This mentality is eerily similar to the control exerted over her during the years of her conservatorship, where every aspect of her life was under scrutiny and control by her father and "handlers". We, as fans, should not perpetuate this cycle of control and judgment.

Instead of condemnation, Britney deserves our empathy, our support, and our understanding. She has given the world so much through her music, her performances, and, most importantly, by sharing her life with us. It's time we acknowledge that she owes us nothing more. Her journey towards healing, towards finding her happiness and peace, is hers alone. It should not be dictated by public opinion or our expectations as fans.

This trend of toxic behavior within our community needs to stop. It's time for a collective reflection on how we can better support Britney, recognizing her humanity and the complexities of her situation. Let's offer her the grace and space to heal on her terms. We should be her allies, not her critics.

Do better please. 

I have nothing (NOTHING) to add, hopefully this rings home with those who do this. BUWGF for president!

• Love 4
  • Like 1

it genuinely saddens me seeing how some users on this website are treating her, it is distasteful and lacks any sort of empathy. 

Who would have thought after 2007 her fans would be the ones to mimic the tabloids. It’s the ones who expected her to come out with a #1 album / tour etc. “They freed her” and intend to collect. So effing sad! 

• Love 7
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, femmef4toole said:

Who would have thought after 2007 her fans would be the ones to mimic the tabloids. It’s the ones who expected her to come out with a #1 album / tour etc. “They freed her” and intend to collect. So effing sad! 

exactly, its becoming eerily obvious that the only reason a lot of fans wanted her free was to get her back to work and entertaining them :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 5
  • Like 1

exactly, its becoming eerily obvious that the only reason a lot of fans wanted her free was to get her back to work and entertaining them :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Seriously. Some expected her to pick up where she left off with Blackout. That wasn’t part of the deal. She didn’t agree to continue being a work horse for a different group of people! 

• Love 7

I do think she deserves empathy. When i watch some of her posts i really do feel she was through a lot . Still if i think that video is not a good look i can say it not using harming words and expressions. It's just an opinion and  i am not saying what she should or not do. Her posts are public and  if they are out there her behaviour and appearance will be scrutinized .  there is nothing u can do about others but your own behaviour. 

• Like 4
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, icybaby said:

I do think she deserves empathy. When i watch some of her posts i really do feel she was through a lot . Still if i think that video is not a good look i can say it not using harming words and expressions. It's just an opinion and  i am not saying what she should or not do. Her posts are public and  if they are out there her behaviour and appearance will be scrutinized .  there is nothing u can do about others but your own behaviour. 

precisely. Commenting is fine, offending, humiliating and degrading someone as a form of expressing your own opinion  is just uncivilized by all means tbh. Thank you for being reasonable.

• Love 1
  • Like 7
5 minutes ago, icybaby said:

I am in two minds with this one. If she was launching a comeback or offering audio, image and video in terms of her art then yes you are entitled to chime in and say not a good look or she ate it up but when she’s just trying to feel herself after it’s been taken away, chewed up and spat out it just seems a little harsh. She’s not trying perform or impress so why critique her like she is. Bless her heart she probably at one point thought this was a nice thing for fans to see since she isn’t performing. 

• Like 5

Thanks for this words. EMPATHY please.

Try to explain to your friends that: They see Britney posting videos on Instagram doing things that don't hurt anyone, and that maybe they don't like the content she shares, that it doesn't convey a positive influence, and that as fans, you constantly feel she needs help.

You dedicate a lot of time on forums expressing and discussing how you think she needs help, while also commenting on threads wanting her to make new music, wanting her to be in better shape, and responding to what we as fans seem to need.

Let her be free, and try to be more empathetic, please. I think many of you haven't stopped to think about how, throughout the conservatorship, we fueled the entire industry that kept her captive, including going to tours, buying records, making a song #1, and yet, knowing that EVERYTHING IS WRONG, but unable to stop.

I think you have an obsession, and before thinking if she needs help for what she does, think if you don't need to "help" yourselves.

• Love 5
  • Like 1

I agree with the empathic attitude, much needed (even I sometimes, forget to put myself in her shoes and I'm sorry) but I would also add that fans should accept that she is human. Like she said, she makes mistakes and is not always a victim. We are even responsible for the harm other inflict on us, but that's a too advanced topic for this forum.

We need to understand that she's not always right and should be hold accountable for her actions, I'm not saying we should rip her apart for every misstep but rather have an objective view over the situation. 

We will continue to voice our opinions (that's the main goal of a discussion forum) but we'll have to do it without the stan glasses. 

And remember that the goal in life is to grow, Britney should grow too, I don't know how or in which direction, because that's on her. For now I only see that she's trying to find meaning, but I'm hopeful, that with time, she'll get there.

And lastly, we love her and even though we're strangers to her, she should really consider that. Love is love.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block