Artists you know who seemingly had it all but never made it?

• Super Mods

Do you know any artists that weren't that popular with the GP but had absolutely everything to make it big in the industry? They had the voice, the looks, the skills, the energy, but they simply never broke through and in the end gave up? Feel free to share them here :) 

I have three who are amazing but never made it and I think have unfortunately gave up:

Ivy Levan is insanely talented. Looking gorgeous with amazing voice and a very interesting and fresh sound. She got some little momentum but then it simply didn't happen for her :( 

The next one is Alice Chater. Her dancing skills are INSANE, and her vocal abilities match Ariana's. Her music was also ahead of its time, she started incorporating the 80s sound long before Dua started it:

And last but not least, Agnes:

Her style is very peculiar and interesting, kind of like the female The Weeknd :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Some of you may know her by her hit from 15 years ago:

However this music direction was never something Agnes strived for, it was mostly her label pushing her into it. After this single she disappeared and came back after 12 years with the songs I've mentioned above :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Looking forward to listening to some of the artists you will share :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

Bonus: An artist that is currently struggling but I really hope will manage to break through:

Chanmina is a Japanese/South Korean artist/rapper. She basically breaks all the norms of S.Korean and Japanese music industries. While in S.Korea it's all about looking cute and at times, boss bi**h, and in Japan its basically infantilization of girls, Chanmina is coming through with her own badazz style that's very artistic. Very often even criticizing both music industries and their fans. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

Release Me and On & On by Agnes take me back to such good days 💗

Love these threads!!

Agnes is so crazy talented tbh :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: All thesse amazing artists we are missing out on makes me sad :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

First that comes to mind cause I like some of her songs… Pixie Lott

This was a big hit, at least here in Europe. Then she kinda faded away but the girl has amazing vocals. Check also this one out:

Then I would say Noah Cyrus, yes the sister of Miley. Her voice is so good, and her songs has a more darker tone than Miley’s, but her lyrics are imo better than Miley’s.

I’m sure there alot more than I can think of and unfortunatley the most talented singers and artists remain undiscovered or underrated unless you make yourself a twerking ‘rapping’ song with the word ‘fart’ in it.

It’s a shame really.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, rck92 said:

First that comes to mind cause I like some of her songs… Pixie Lott

This was a big hit, at least here in Europe. Then she kinda faded away but the girl has amazing vocals. Check also this one out:

Then I would say Noah Cyrus, yes the sister of Miley. Her voice is so good, and her songs has a more darker tone than Miley’s, but her lyrics are imo better than Miley’s.

I’m sure there alot more than I can think of and unfortunatley the most talented singers and artists remain undiscovered or underrated unless you make yourself a twerking ‘rapping’ song with the word ‘fart’ in it.

It’s a shame really.

I remember Pixie Lott! Mama Do was such an insane hit, it was EVERYWHERE. She is very talented, I'm so sad she disappeared. Apparently it was her own decision? I read that somewhere.

As for Noah, YES YES YES. She is soooo amazing, love her lyrics, her aesthetics, her music, her vibes, everything about her is so layered it is crazy. I listen to her nearly daily :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: Thank you so much for sharing these! 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I remember Pixie Lott! Mama Do was such an insane hit, it was EVERYWHERE. She is very talented, I'm so sad she disappeared. Apparently it was her own decision? I read that somewhere.

As for Noah, YES YES YES. She is soooo amazing, love her lyrics, her aesthetics, her music, her vibes, everything about her is so layered it is crazy. I listen to her nearly daily :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: Thank you so much for sharing these! 

Oh really? Well that explains it then. Too bad cause that ‘Turn It Up’ album is really good. 

And yes Noah is a vibe!! Just driving around in the summertime with her songs is icing on the cake 😎

I’m happy to hear you enjoy her as well. Not many people I know do which is understandable. 

• Love 2

Oooh Agnes' Release Me is a bop! It was a hit here in the UK, I remember when it came out I thought she looked like Leona Lewis a bit ddd. She's performing at Mighty Hoopla in June! I'm going on the Saturday and I can't remember if she's performing on that day or the Sunday, if my financial situation improves I may go on Sunday too. 

I'll say Tulisa (of N-Dubz). There was a bit of hype with her solo career, especially coming off her judging role on X Factor, where she led Little Mix to victory. Her debut solo single Young went to #1 in the UK, the next two singles from the album (Live It Up and Sight Of You) went top 20 which is okay, but her solo album The Female Boss completely flopped (#32). It got really bad reviews at the time when imo it wasn't even a bad album, it had a good mixture of pop/dance/R&B-influenced songs and the midtempos and ballads were really good. Only the album's intro/outro were awful and could have been cut.

I do think they could have chosen better songs as singles following Young though. Unfortunately I think the public didn't have the most amazing perception of her which didn't help (especially with her s£x tape leaking that year). That Britain's Got Talent performance of Young wasn't good either... the song sounded awfully pitched and she didn't have much stage presence. 

Then the following year she left X Factor, and had that entrapment d r u g s court case which later got thrown out of court and I think that ruined her career a little bit. She released a number of singles in the years following but no album ever came out (Living Without You remains amazing, honestly I would have loved for Tulisa to release an album full of dance/house songs cause she suits the genre well imo).

Then in 2022 N-Dubz officially got back together so I think she's focusing on that now. But tbf, the N-Dubz reunion has done so well so I'm pleased for them. They've toured twice and released a new album last year. Seen them live on both tours and it was so much fun. Tulisa's getting royalties through her writing credit on Scream and Shout as well so it's all good!

Edited by Isla
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

Her debut album was so good.  I think I liked her second album too, but I’d have to give it another listen at this point.

she has some really good singles… a lot of stuff i only recently heard through spotify… a newer song from a few months ago called “i can’t love you” is a banger also… but tbh her first album was more successful because of mtv playing the single on rotation… i stopped watching tv so i’m not sure if they continued playing her songs or what happened with her career… hope she has some success tho.. i feel like she’s a real one

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block