Taylor: “The reason why I make so many albums is because I love it - leave me alone”

26 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

I wish my fave felt this way :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Same, my music world is fine but it's not iconic as it used to be without Britney, but then I also remember that some bast * ards locked my fav against her will and put her on lithium just because she "had the nervs" to express herself. That back to the Britney Jean era she was affraid to be in trouble for writing a song with a producer... The among of fear was insane, only God knows all the horrible things they did to her to be that scared only for writing a f cking damn song! But maybe in few years she will released something, fingers crossed. During this time it's cool to have some new material from T.S., Beyoncé, Tyla, etc... Plus, I really liked Midnight!

• Love 2

I love Taylor but her fans are annoying. I hate seeing posts everywhere about “the hate” she gets when all I see is her success, love, fans, merch…. I’m like … the hate??? :searching_looking:

Even the song “the man” bugs me now cause she is so so successful that I’m like why are you even pontificating about how much more successful you’d be if you were a man? Lmao (I know it was written awhile ago, applies to us common folk) but was a thought I had when she sang it on her tour. 

I am excited for her album and it’s gonna rock the charts so it is odd to me that she’s citing criticisms cause lord knows I haven’t heard or read any. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

Sureee, she loves getting closer and closer to becoming the best-selling female artist. Britney has released 9 albums throughout her entire 25-year-old career, while Taylor has released 9 albums in the last 5 years :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: The desperation and greed :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Predictable jealous pressed pathetic job centre comment love to see it sis 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

Because people tend to gravitate towards mediocre, cringe, and silly songs that embody a victim mentality because they perceive them as poetic, such as ''Karma is my best friend'' tiflmao.gif She's a very safe choice to stan, she's never controversial, she never takes any risks. For example, look at Britney. She has been extremely controversial throughout her entire career, that's why the general public would never support her the way they support Taylor. Also, I'm not woke, but even I recognize the evident manifestation of white privilege embodied in her. This is why a multitude of individuals fervently support her. Often, people gravitate towards the simplistic, finding comfort in the familiar

Literally every single point you made was used to criticize Britney in the past so I don’t know wtf you’re talking about. Just say you hate her for no reason. She is poetic. How familiar are you with her music to come to the conclusion that her lyrics are mediocre? Britney is only controversial when it comes to her personal life. Artistically she’s literally a pop singer. Yes she didn’t release as many albums as Taylor did but that’s because almost 2/3 of her career is an fing circus(no pun intended). On the other hand Taylor took a lot of risk by making indie music that are not as radio friendly as her pop hits. And you know what? The general public ate it up? If you think the couple of songs of hers you heard define her, then manjobee defines Britney. Gosh talking about cringe silly songs. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Gewakefie said:

Predictable jealous pressed pathetic job centre comment love to see it sis 

A predictably obsessed Swiftie that fails to see this woman's flaws due to being mentally immature

I understand stanning someone and defending their every move as if you know them when you're like 15, but when you're in your 20s or older, it's simply embarrassing as hell :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

I'm excited for it. She keeps us fed. She makes sure her fans always have something from her. I don't understand why so many of you dislike her for that. These songs come from Taylor. Not a writing camp of 30+ people. 

She is creative and her lyrics continue to show her growing up more and more. 

It's okay to not like her but this smear campaign you all are doing on here, it's immature and extremely distasteful. 

Love her or hate her, she's still an obsession. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

Literally every single point you made was used to criticize Britney in the past so I don’t know wtf you’re talking about.

What the hell are YOU talking about?

Thnk-VNext-1748078130961752122.gif

21 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

Just say you hate her for no reason.

I don't hate her. I don't know this woman. But I'm not an emotionally immature person who only sees two sides - love her or hate her. I simply can see through this woman's bull**** - something her fans fail to do, and I'm allowed to express my opinions about her

23 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

She is poetic

This is offensive to actual poets and poetry of thousands of years, dating back to ancient civilizations. If you really want to consider the music of the singer who sang ''Hey, kids, spelling is fun'' as ''poetic'', then she's incredibly bad at what she's doing. Her lyrics are incredibly immature and cringeworthy, something a 13-year-old girl would write on Tumblr in 2013. And that's why it's selling so well

29 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

How familiar are you with her music to come to the conclusion that her lyrics are mediocre?

She's known for her cringeworthy lyrics that appeal to both 13-year-old girls and 30-year-old women

31 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

Britney is only controversial when it comes to her personal life. Artistically she’s literally a pop singer

"Baby One More Time" outfit, naked bodysuit during a performance, dancing with a snake, and a gay kiss with Madonna - all of these things were controversial, and it's not her personal life but her job

32 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

On the other hand Taylor took a lot of risk by making indie music that are not as radio friendly as her pop hits. And you know what? The general public ate it up?

This is not a risk at all. This type of music was already becoming popular thanks to Lana and Billie, she just followed the trend

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

What the hell are YOU talking about?

Thnk-VNext-1748078130961752122.gif

I don't hate her. I don't know this woman. But I'm not an emotionally immature person who only sees two sides - love her or hate her. I simply can see through this woman's bull**** - something her fans fail to do, and I'm allowed to express my opinions about her

This is offensive to actual poets and poetry of thousands of years, dating back to ancient civilizations. If you really want to consider the music of the singer who sang ''Hey, kids, spelling is fun'' as ''poetic'', then she's incredibly bad at what she's doing. Her lyrics are incredibly immature and cringeworthy, something a 13-year-old girl would write on Tumblr in 2013. And that's why it's selling so well

She's known for her cringeworthy lyrics that appeal to both 13-year-old girls and 30-year-old women

"Baby One More Time" outfit, naked bodysuit during a performance, dancing with a snake, and a gay kiss with Madonna - all of these things were controversial, and it's not her personal life but her job

This is not a risk at all. This type of music was already becoming popular thanks to Lana and Billie, she just followed the trend

Using Me as an example to criticize her song writing shows exactly what I meant. She writes smart and poetic lyrics as well as silly, fun pop song. How would you justify washidoo washidoo washidoo? You’re not familiar with her work at all this your opinions on her song writing is not valid. Britney is not a risk taker. Snake, outfits yuh dah yuh dah. Female s** appeal, wow, ground breaking.  Yes people have been making indie music. Just like people have always been making dance pop music. Paula Abdul, Janet Jackson, Madonna. The list goes on. Her work is also critically acclaimed and distinctive different from LDR and Billie’s. 

You are entitled to your opinion but that doesn’t change the fact that she’s incredibly talented. Some critics even went as far to say she’s the modern Shakespeare. You don’t have to like her work but your points against her are just ignorant.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block