Video on Tiktok sayin that Taylor Swift has ZERO appeal to the black communty unlike Britney before her.

2 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Calling a whole community boomers for getting behind a petty campaign is trolling. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: How can you not get behind a campaign like this? It's honestly harmless petty fun! Come to the other side it's more fun! I'm not sure I understand your page 6 comment. Calling someone "puta" is very immature yes. It's why I do it lol dora the explorer wow GIF A #1 itunes hit is a great headline lol that's why multiple shows and websites pick up on it.  The whole thing is ridiculous... A 13 year old bonus track is trolling Timberpuss lmao. He ruined it all when he said he won't apologize. 

The exhale back in the day was popping not even gonna lie but things have changed and that's that really... Maybe it's best to move on if you feel like it's sad and embarrassing. Lot's of members have.

Good points :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Calling a whole community boomers for getting behind a petty campaign is trolling. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: How can you not get behind a campaign like this? It's honestly harmless petty fun! Come to the other side it's more fun! I'm not sure I understand your page 6 comment. Calling someone "puta" is very immature yes. It's why I do it lol dora the explorer wow GIF A #1 itunes hit is a great headline lol that's why multiple shows and websites pick up on it.  The whole thing is ridiculous... A 13 year old bonus track is trolling Timberpuss lmao. He ruined it all when he said he won't apologize. 

The exhale back in the day was popping not even gonna lie but things have changed and that's that really... Maybe it's best to move on if you feel like it's sad and embarrassing. Lot's of members have.

i have, im less and less over here, dont even follow B on insta anymore because it saddens me to see what has happened to her, me not being able to help in any way. 

but im still a fan of everything she did up until Glory, and sometimes i like being with the fam on here. Now i hate delusional behavior and racism and i comment on that, if some can’t accept it and call it trolling for telling it how it is, so be it. But i know deep down u know whats going on over here is completely ridiculous.

Edited by TheSmasher
17 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Seriously, people cant even diss Justin Timberlake without pointing out some stupid crap about his “white privilege”. Racism is racism. 

And that's what I see under Taylor Swift's (career) - she symbolizes "white" America. She's getting unhealthy attention for nothing. And there is hidden hatred and animosity towards other fans.

• Like 1

Taylor Swift markets herself as a real life Disney princess. She is very Disney with her appeal and mothers and daughters alike admire her. 

Britney was ***ualized .. Lolita, old men liked her, guys wanted her as their girlfriend, girls wanted to be her. She over ***ualized to sell records and created controversy but alienated the moms … she tried to play innocent like she didn’t know she was being ***ual but then Justin destroyed that whole Virginal game 

Taylor has not over ***ualized and remained wholesome. 

it doesn’t make her boring cause she doesn’t s** it up, she actually shows female empowerment by the actions she takes without reverting to being over the top ***ual … which appeals more to women. Gays may like ***ual people but straight females not so much … Taylor isn’t for the gays ..

America still has lots of people who believe in traditional family values. So being able to watch her concert with their kids … vs Britney onyx making parents uncomfortable 

Taylor was able to stay wholesome and Disney like .. while having controversy that shows her fighting battles all women face … 

Britney’s controversy was kissing Madonna, stripping on stage, got people talking but alienated half of America .. even tho she pretended like she wasn’t aware of her actions … “I just wanted to be sparkly and girly”

two different people, two different playbooks.

Taylor is a feminist Disney princess 

If anything Taylor owns her image more than Britney ever did 

Also I feel end game was the song she had that had the most hip hop elements 

Edited by devilsadvocate
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

At first I was like wait, but all the popstars she mentioned are white. I'm sure Taylor has tones of black fans, doesn't she? I like Taylor. I think that the strongest point she has is her songwriting skills and the songs she has written whether alone or with someone else. She puts a lot of her creativity into them and people relate to them as well. I'm not sure if she shows she perfect girl image as she did in the past before the controversy from the reputation era. I don't know much from her past - childhood, family wealth etc - , if she's very strategic which she probably is. And how she's big today is crazy, I can understand the annoying feeling. And when I'm enjoying her music I feel it's safe to say that she doesn't occupy or replace any of other popstars like Britney. So, yeah, I enjoy her. She's Taylor Swift.

I'm not a black person so maybe that doesn't help me understand why she doesn't appeal to black community. But the girl in the video doesn't speak for all of them, though, right?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Taylor Swift markets herself as a real life Disney princess. She is very Disney with her appeal and mothers and daughters alike admire her. 

Britney was ***ualized .. Lolita, old men liked her, guys wanted her as their girlfriend, girls wanted to be her. She over ***ualized to sell records and created controversy but alienated the moms … she tried to play innocent like she didn’t know she was being ***ual but then Justin destroyed that whole Virginal game 

it doesn’t make her boring cause she doesn’t s** it up, she actually shows female empowerment by the actions she takes without reverting to being over the top ***ual … which appeals more to women. Gays may like ***ual people but straight females not so much … Taylor isn’t for the gays ..

America still has lots of people who believe in traditional family values. So being able to watch her concert with their kids … vs Britney onyx making parents uncomfortable 

Taylor was able to stay wholesome and Disney like .. while having controversy that shows her fighting battles all women face … 

Britney’s controversy was kissing Madonna, stripping on stage, got people talking but alienated half of America .. even tho she pretended like she wasn’t aware of her actions … “I just wanted to be sparkly and girly”

Yes, she and her existence symbolize a traditional "white" family living in the upper class. Hanging out only with "better" people and have little empathy and understanding for others who don't live well.

There is nothing natural about her career since she started pop, there were always ulterior intentions behind everything.

Britney (and I'm not saying this as her fan) may have done a few things for the sake of provocation, but she didn't need to do anything to gain attention and increase popularity. She was a person that others could relate to and brought people together, Taylor only brings a certain group of people together.

And, I'm not racist, cuz I'm white european.

• Love 1
Hace 2 horas, LickMyCrack dijo:

She surpassed her in terms of popularity as well. Britney was only popular for 3 years. After that it was all about her private life (and parts). She's a singer who never sings. Taylor and her team are smarter and know what the GP wants: basic music and lyrics about exes. Stop being pressed and help Britney to pull herself together.

Taylor and popularity?

It's all a work of her PR team. She's a product of the woke and cancel culture and social media era. No critic would dare to say a bad thing about her because they wouldn't have a life. Britney, on the other hand, had her peak during an extremely misogynistic time. Also, Taylor has never been an IT girl, no one wants to look like her. She has no impact on fashion at all, she wears basic clothes and has zero iconic outfits. In contrast, when it comes to Britney, she was literally a s** symbol, and every girl wanted to be her, have her clothes, look like her, or achieve her success. She has countless iconic outfits and looks that have survived the test of time and are referenced to this day and will be referenced for a long time. This is real popularity and impact, not some PR articles about how great you are when in reality you're basic as hell

• Love 2
8 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

America is obsessed with race. Imagine a white person saying a black artist doesn’t appeal to white people. 

my reply to this thread is,

who cares

you like who you like 

zara larsson GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

Edited by Jup1ter
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, PlatinumB said:

Lol as someone who is on here daily.:gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses: There are NOT daily topics about Taylor Swift. We have better things to talk about.. Be for real lol

I literally see a new Taylor Swift topic calling her basic every single day lol and I am a daily member on here since 2011.

11 hours ago, jordeezy river red said:

One thing I find interesting about Taylor is she has no successful clones. All other pop stars have a successful copycat but she doesn't. 

Olivia is sort of a Taylor clone, she even cited her as her biggest inspiration and when she became too successful taylor stoped mentioning her ever again and even took Sabrina Carpenter on tour with her, she's so petty 

1 hour ago, devilsadvocate said:

this is exactly the point. Taylor is like Britney if britney never released her 3rd album and instead of it she kept making music like Baby and Oops forever. She would've never alienated her white american mom-daughters fanbase, but we wouldn't have Slave, Toxic, or Blackout at all if she hadn't switched. They took different choices in their careers and Taylor's honestly worked because she has a smart team behind her and she did it on a time where calling a woman something misogynistic on social media is cancel reason contrary to britney's time where it was cool or fun to call her the worst things. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TheSmasher said:

i have, im less and less over here, dont even follow B on insta anymore because it saddens me to see what has happened to her, me not being able to help in any way. 

but im still a fan of everything she did up until Glory, and sometimes i like being with the fam on here. Now i hate delusional behavior and racism and i comment on that, if some can’t accept it and call it trolling for telling it how it is, so be it. But i know deep down u know whats going on over here is completely ridiculous.

I know what you mean regarding wanting to help but not being able to. We can still spread info about #JusticeForBritney and bring more awareness to it. If we can bring a 13 year old song back we can def come together and help get her justice.

Your comment made me think you are less a troll and more a annoyed ex-stan :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: I get it though. I hate racism and delusional behavior especially when it's not light hearted delusion lol and this itunes business is exactly what that is. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: This forum has gotten weird recently I agree. We are in a weird space as a fan base right now. That's why certain members have left. But they'll be back!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block