Should Britney be obligated to fulfil a contract made during the C-ship? She didn’t consent…

9 hours ago, Hamelia said:

The definition of a conservatorship is that you are unable to care for yourself. That's why Britney's is so upsetting.

In which country do you live? What are the requirements to be put in a guardianship? 

I live in Belgium and here conservatorships are possible for those who due to their state of health, in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, are unable to look after their personal rights or manage their property themselves, and those who waste their income on useless expenses due to a mental disorder.

I think you would find the requirements to be more or less similar in most first world countries around the world. 

I can in no way imagine that conservatee's would actually be required to work once the conservatorship is installed. The whole idea is pricisely that they are not able to look after themselves.

I think what @DarielXO means is that employment and having relationships are helpfull in the termination of an existing conservatorship, in the sense that it proves that the conservatee IS in fact able to look after themselves. Similar to the argument that Britney also shouldn't be in one when she is able to work and perform as she did. Although it might be helpfull as a way of proof that you are in fact able to look after yourself as far as I know it's never a legal requirement for the conservatorship to be terminated. 

36 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Legally she is obligated to.

The decisions made for her during the c-ship are still binding and legal. Her conservators acted on behalf of her, therefor she is bound by these decisions.

The conservatorship has been terminated, but not declared fraudulent, invalid or void. If every termination of a conservatorship would result in nullifying every legal action during the c-ship, then nobody would ever want to make deals with conservators ever.

F.e. what if a conservator buys or rents a house for the conservatee to live in. The conservatee didn't rent the house, the conservator did. If the termination of a c-ship would result in the contracts not binding the conservatee, nobody would ever sell or rent a house to anyone in a conservatorship.

I think only those contracts that would be proven to have been harmfull to the conservatee or afflicted through a conflict of intrest on the conservator could be annuled after the termination (like the agreement for excessive fees to Tri-Star).

Edit: fyi this is just how I see the legality of it. Of course I don't think she should be obligated, but technically/legally they could demand that and the contract would still stand.

Exactly, until the conservatorship is declared null, void or invalid, she has to fulfill all the contracts that her father has signed on her behalf 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I live in Belgium and here conservatorships are possible for those who due to their state of health, in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, are unable to look after their personal rights or manage their property themselves, and those who waste their income on useless expenses due to a mental disorder.

I think you would find the requirements to be more or less similar in most first world countries around the world. 

I can in no way imagine that conservatee's would actually be required to work once the conservatorship is installed. The whole idea is pricisely that they are not able to look after themselves.

I think what @DarielXO means is that employment and having relationships are helpfull in the termination of an existing conservatorship, in the sense that it proves that the conservatee IS in fact able to look after themselves. Similar to the argument that Britney also shouldn't be in one when she is able to work and perform as she did. Although it might be helpfull as a way of proof that you are in fact able to look after yourself as far as I know it's never a legal requirement for the conservatorship to be terminated. 

I understand what you mean. The ability to work is a reason to terminate a conservatorship. 

1 hour ago, Iam a teenage dream said:

Exactly, until the conservatorship is declared null, void or invalid, she has to fulfill all the contracts that her father has signed on her behalf 

I see. When Britney's conservatorship was terminated, the phrasing was that it was not necessary anymore. At least that is how I remember it. The phrasing should have been that it was never necessary. 

16 hours ago, chizwhiz said:

Nah I don't believe this rumour/blind item.

Record labels really don't like full album releases without tours anymore, most artists are on 360 deals meaning that the label get a percentage of all merch, all ticket stubs, everything.  So many artists in recent years have been building a career for years before the album comes out, they're old news.

Larry said years ago that the label were more about singles than albums. 

I think the only one who could be pushing her to release an album is her management because she will get 'advances' for them.  Sony know she doesn't want to tour, let alone get into a booth and they're unlikely to spend 5 figures trying to get a decent producer booked. Someone else made this up.

Oh I didn’t know this!!! That’s so sad though. I love albums / prefer them over single releases. It does make sense that touring etc makes more money though. They must be at a loss with Britney then cause she isn’t going to ever do that!

16 hours ago, Gioney said:

Yes okay… but huge… not 10 unreleased But at least 24 songs… with 6 random singles, one every 2 months with some animated video… that would be enough and would be a gift for fans. Imagine the first 24 positions occupied by britney music… that would be huge and powerful to end and fullfill her entire career 

Britney Dancing GIF by Jessimae Peluso

You just described a perfect world :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Even though it would be so simple to release unreleased music, I feel like it will never happen! It’s so sad!

10 hours ago, Iam a teenage dream said:

Believe it or not, she still cosigned legal documents as her right - it wasn't all done without her knowing. She absolutely signed some documents. Sonys lawyers would have absolutely made an adaptation for her, they would have rubber sealed their clauses with her... Don't be naive.  She absolutely signed documents under witness or on behalf of with lawyers and stated she was not under duress or we could have heard that they had terminated her contract by now as it was null and void.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block