Is Selfish about Britney?

Here is what I will say I don't think every song HAS to be about his wife BUT it is telling that the ones that are obviously about her like Man of the woods are so bland and geneic while his greatest loves songs are mysterious and always about losing love or longing to be with the love of his life being in pain about being away from her...it all started with Gone and he has verbally admitted he wrote that about her. The theme has never changed throughout his career soo I mean do with that what you will.

I think britney will be his forever muse even if we agree he doesn't want her back like he clearly finds inspiration from that part of his life

Edited by Busybee
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, turquoise said:

But thinking about it, most of the time when JT looks painful in his MVs, the song is about Britney 😂

This is so funny, and also since no one mentioned it, I know you guys saw that big twirl he did at the end 😂

An obvious reference to Britney 😂

• Haha 1

You guys know N’sync has a song called Selfish in their second album, right? And tones of artists have songs with that title as well. Ok, Britney can be his muse, and I think Jessica knows, because his most beautiful songs are about that specific hurtful time of his life. Having her as a muse doesn’t mean he loves her or are willing to come back with her. Especially after the book. He really doens’t care about her, except he writes about a painful moment of his life. And that’s it. Forget about him. She doesn’t care about your cancelation, your effort to put her song at the top. You guys are embaracing yourselves more than she is.

Edited by B In The Mix
2 hours ago, Busybee said:

Here is what I will say I don't think every song HAS to be about his wife BUT it is telling that the ones that are obviously about her like Man of the woods are so bland and geneic while his greatest loves songs are mysterious and always about losing love or longing to be with the love of his life being in pain about being away from her...it all started with Gone and he has verbally admitted he wrote that about her. The theme has never changed throughout his career soo I mean do with that what you will.

I think britney will be his forever muse even if we agree he doesn't want her back like he clearly finds inspiration from that part of his life

Yes, Britney is JT's muse of great songs and that will never change.
I had assumed that their relationship would never realistically develop, that it would be little more than a secret exchange of songs and instagrams. 

But what surprised me in this MV is that JT expresses that he still wants to call Britney sometimes and has to stop himself from doing so many times.
I thought this was too realistic and crossed the line more than previous love songs.
If his only reason to call Britney is to apologize for what he has done, then he doesn't have to stop doing it. But he has to stop the feeling somehow.

He says in the lyrics "You're the owner of my heart" (I think the whole lyric is talking about his jealousy over Britney and Wade when they were dating and referring to it from both JT's perspective then and now). It's a confession that he still thinks that way about her to some extent and still has a realistic feeling about her. Amnesia, Blue Ocean Floor, Mirrors, etc. were songs about how they could love each other if only in fantasy, but this phone call seems a bit more realistic...
Well, of course, since it's a song and MV, it could be considered an exaggerated portrayal.... But JT has made several songs in recent years that show his full love for Britney.
So...I don't know what to say:ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:...  But I might want to tell JT to give her a call:gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

• Love 1
18 hours ago, FullCircle said:

Also, I think Justin was probably never jealous of Sam because we all know he is a powerbottom, but now that Britney is single again... the timing of this single is interesting. 

Actually he said some shady **** about him. During a performance of cry me a river he was like “leave him” or something 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block