Is Selfish about Britney?

I

It's bad for my mental, but I can't fight it when you're out lookin' like you do, but you can't hide it

Is he talking about Britney's naked picture posts on Instagram?

Put you in a frame, ooh, baby who could blame you?

Put you in a frame just like Britney framed his brakeup letter that she still keeps.

Everytime the phone rings

I hope that it's you on the other side

I wanna tell you everything

Everything that's on my mind

Is this about him wanting to apologize for what he did to her?

You're the owner of my heart and all my scars 

Could those scars be Brintey cheating with Wade Robson?

The more I listen to this song, the more it makes me think it is about Britney. The fact that she apologized about some of the things she wrote in her book, and her saying she is in love with this song and adding a flower at the end of it could be a sign of a reconciliation. What do you guys think?

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, KatieKat said:

I don’t think Jessica Biel would be playing it on her social media if it were about Britney. 

Do you think jt would tell his wife that he wrote a song about his ex? 

I think biel does what she has to keep up the image and her family together. 

• Like 6

I don’t think it is, but I’ll play along.

- the line “owner of my heart, tattooed your mark, there for the whole world to see”

- in the video when he’s in the small room, he touches the ceiling similar to CMAR

again, just for fun! I don’t think it’s about her. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, j4j05 said:

I don’t think it is, but I’ll play along.

- the line “owner of my heart, tattooed your mark, there for the whole world to see”

- in the video when he’s in the small room, he touches the ceiling similar to CMAR

again, just for fun! I don’t think it’s about her. 

Although…at the end of the CMAR music video, he gets almost as close to Britney as he would like to be when she’s in the shower in the same way that he reaches out to grab the phone at the end of that hallway. Both times he can’t get what he wants and reality closes in on him. It’s interesting. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Love 2

Yeees, of course it is!
I watched the music video 2 or 3 times at first and didn't understand what it meant. But thinking about it, most of the time when JT looks painful in his MVs, the song is about Britney 😂, so I had a feeling it would be the same this time too.
Then I read the lyrics and this excellent comment and reviewed the MV...
This comment is a must see!

And my interpretation of the lyrics...
Justin Timberlake - Selfish Lyrics | AZLyrics.com
https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/justintimberlake/selfish.html

・"my heart would go flatline If it wasn't Beatin’ for you all the time"
   This is a theme that has been used many times in the lyrics of songs about Britney that JT makes. In songs about Britney such as Blue Ocean Floor and Sin Fin.

・ "It's bad for my mental", "Makin' me insane".
   This is another theme that often appears in JT's songs about Britney, and JT often says in his lyrics that he thinks he is crazy for still loving Britney. In songs about Britney such as Amnesia, Blue Ocean Floor, Holy Grail and Sin Fin, etc.

・"Tattooed your mark."
   Speaking of tattoos, JT has a big cross tattoo on his arm that is said to be a dedication to Britney. It also appears in the lyrics of Holy Grail, a song about Britney.

・"Glad your mama made you."
   JT is no stranger to Britney's mama.

・Leaving the studio and getting caught in the rain = remembering Cry Me A River and he cools his head off.

Yes, without a doubt this song and music video is about Britney!

It is not rare for JT to write a song about his love for Britney. But with the release of her book and the revelation that she had an abor**on and that JT had cheated on her, I was curious to see what his approach would be for this album. But I was surprised that he would show his love for Britney so much from the first single!

The title "Selfish" is both an admission by JT that he is self-centered and a reference to the title of Britney's song, which is a marker that the song is about her. (Someone who wrote songs with her has revealed that Britney quotes words from JT's work and puts them in her lyrics when she writes songs about JT, so JT obviously does the same.)

Then again, the lyrics and music video... "Every time the phone rings I hope that it's you on the other side". This surprised me.
I mean, this song and music video expresses that JT still thinks about Britney and his mind goes there when he is at work or something, he misses her and sometimes he almost calls her, and the other JT (his reason?) stops that feeling many times (stomping out the miniature clinic)! 
I was surprised that he would open up so much.

I think Britney said she loved this song because she deciphered it this well.

Also in this video, after hearing "Pinky" (JT called Britney "Pinky" when they were dating), when JT.... It is possible that to see this, but I was still surprised by the music video.
Interview Justin Timberlake & Anna Kendrick TROLLS Cannes 2016 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7sid4Uj6sM&t=129s

Why doesn't JT just break up with Jessica already and call Britney?🤭

Edited by turquoise
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Isla said:

It’s about Jessica no?

Everytime the phone rings

I hope that it's you on the other side

I wanna tell you everything

Everything that's on my mind

If it was about Jessica, why would Justin hope it's her everytime the phone rings? She must call him all the time. 

• Haha 3
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block