it's time to move on: now that you know that Britney Spears retired, which artist are you going to follow?

Belinda is finally coming back with a new era after 10+ years

Fey is coming too

Gloria Trevi is also releasing her 16th album

I'm also waiting for Shakira's announcement, Thalia's too and Lynda keeps promising new versions of her old songs and new songs and a tour, but she's been saying that since she came back of retirement in 2018

I think nobody will ever catch me like Britney did since I was 8 years old :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: I mean sure, there are artists out there who make great music, some which I even like more than Britney's these days, and good performances, but none of these fascinate me like that. For none I would stay awake the whole night before a working a day just because there is the slight chance of a performance :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: or visit everyday a stan forum with a bunch of lunatics and haters :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: or watch their performances on a bad day to feel better :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: this honestly makes me kinda sad, just because it feels really like growing up (turning 30 next year lol, other stuff doesn't make me feel "adult").

I live with a bunch of K-Poppers and seeing them living their stan-dream everyday and all of their favourite bands delivering all kind of stuff every week makes me a little bit jealous lol, as well as all the Swifties lately. But I can't help it, no one has stan-potential for me :(

• Love 2
15 hours ago, stronger1992 said:

I’ve thought about this a lot lately. We’re all hoping she comes back to music and starts performing one day. But the reality is, she’s not. She truly is done. Britney is has been for a while, a nostalgic artist. A legacy artist. Britney Spears the pop star doesn’t exist anymore. Her Vegas era, that wasn’t Britney. You could tell she was done with it all. I think a lot of it whether you want to admit it or not, is her mental health. She’s clearly still in a weird place which sadly I don’t think she will leave. We know she’s stubborn.  Girl has been through a lot. But the only person who can help Britney, is Britney. If she wants to spend her life at home making videos, then let her. 

That last sentence is the problem. 
I will never get why fans say stuff like that. 
The whole condescending tone of it is like she should be choosing her music career and working but she wants to just be at home. 
First of all, we are in no place to judge because only Britney out of any of us is the one who had one of the biggest music careers ever. She’s allowed to be done with it. Second of all, we literally don’t know how full or how empty her life is, how much she is or isn’t at home. It’s really creepy when people say stuff like that. It’s as if they’re watching her moves and obviously we don’t know anything about that other than what she shares. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, stronger1992 said:

I’ve thought about this a lot lately. We’re all hoping she comes back to music and starts performing one day. But the reality is, she’s not. She truly is done. Britney is has been for a while, a nostalgic artist. A legacy artist. Britney Spears the pop star doesn’t exist anymore. Her Vegas era, that wasn’t Britney. You could tell she was done with it all. I think a lot of it whether you want to admit it or not, is her mental health. She’s clearly still in a weird place which sadly I don’t think she will leave. We know she’s stubborn.  Girl has been through a lot. But the only person who can help Britney, is Britney. If she wants to spend her life at home making videos, then let her. 

20 hours ago, ElToxico said:

I don't think I'll ever experience the level of fanatism I had with Britney.

We are around the same age and I grew up with her music and through each one of her phases.

I'm OK with that, I'm going to continue to stan these three:

Dua Lipa Backbend GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Breathin GIF by Ariana Grande

Music Video Horse GIF by Tate McRae

19 hours ago, sodapopbritney said:

For me it’s not like a void I need to fill, Britney just was that pop icon for me and anyone else I’d just be comparing to her. She was my childhood, at this point I don’t need a pop girl to idolize tbh. I just causally listen to different artists 

19 hours ago, Britstory_3000 said:

I refuse to move on. There's no moving on. Britney's catalog will keep me occupied.

But seriously, Shakira was always my second fave, so def her.

shakira dancing GIF

18 hours ago, Derrick said:

Nah I’ll just keep stanning 2000s pop nostalgia honestly. Even if they all get old and retire, I’ll always have it. 

17 hours ago, DaddyNotaFool said:

I don’t care about singers anymore :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

16 hours ago, Armchairrevolution said:

None really, while I like a whole bunch of the artists in the comments most of them debuted in the 00's

Noone new has ever grabbed my attention like peak Britney and pops felt like a graveyard for the last 6 or 7 years apart from the occasional bops from established acts. 

God I miss the extravagansas we used to be fed in 2000s and 2010s.

And GOD I miss dancers, I swear nearly every newish chick who does dance music now gets on stage stands like a statue and flips their hair while lip syncing. 

If you ain't belting live I want God damned choreography! 

Come on gen z get your dancing shoes on. 

13 hours ago, baltic***** said:

I think nobody will ever catch me like Britney did since I was 8 years old :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: I mean sure, there are artists out there who make great music, some which I even like more than Britney's these days, and good performances, but none of these fascinate me like that. For none I would stay awake the whole night before a working a day just because there is the slight chance of a performance :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: or visit everyday a stan forum with a bunch of lunatics and haters :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: or watch their performances on a bad day to feel better :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: this honestly makes me kinda sad, just because it feels really like growing up (turning 30 next year lol, other stuff doesn't make me feel "adult").

I live with a bunch of K-Poppers and seeing them living their stan-dream everyday and all of their favourite bands delivering all kind of stuff every week makes me a little bit jealous lol, as well as all the Swifties lately. But I can't help it, no one has stan-potential for me :(

4 hours ago, B In The Mix said:

Aren’t we almost 40yo? Why should we follow artists when we should follow our families and careers?

3 hours ago, trip to my touch said:

Oprah Winfrey GIFI dont know

3 hours ago, Cheshire-B said:

Even retired Britney will always be my fav 

I'm not going to follow any other artist tbh I'll listen to their album if I like them of course but that's it 

2 hours ago, Dama Etro said:

Britney will be the last artist / celebrity I actively follow. It is just a waste of time to follow popular people :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

loves it !

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block