Xtina 1K capacity Vegas show FAILS to sell!

KrisJ

77% doesn’t sound so bad as a percentage but when you consider it’s only 10 shows. It’s the first and only 10 shows so far and the capacity is 1000 it’s not great. 

Like her average audience is 770 people. 
of course she wouldn’t pull in crowds she used to but this whole residency is going to have 8000 people see it. That’s like 1/3 of one venue she would have sold back in the day. 

I just don’t think she resonates with anyone. She’s never really had any controversy attached to her and so no general media interest. Where many artists have had 6ish albums (Britney for example) that were generally well received and charted well with actual hits on, Christina only really had 3 and none were groundbreaking. Stripped was I guess to some extent. 

as a performer she doesn’t have like a memorable performance. I honestly cannot recall a performance of hers that stuck with me. 

lastly I think people can judge a character and she never seemed like a nice person and so as a result people don’t resonate and she doesn’t have a solid fan base as a result. If Britney did 10 shows at Volatiare - she’d sell it out based on us in this forum alone. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5

Look I love Christina and her talent, but I would not be interested in seeing her live, which is sad bc she’s literally known for amazing live vocals.  I’ve seen tons of videos and it’s just a backing track playing and her adlibbing most of the time.  She sings like a few words of each line and then stops singing to either adlib or act fierce while the backing track plays.  It’s weird.

• Like 4

I'd hardly call this a fail considering it's not really a regular concert. Seats are actually tables that you have to purchase in packages which cost upwards of $5k+. They have a STANDING general admission in the BACK and those go for $350+ each. 

If the average ticket costs $600 and at 70% attendance, homegirl is bringing in nearly half a million in ticket sales alone each night. I'd hardly call that a "fail."

Edited by Sia
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Britneystanley said:

lastly I think people can judge a character and she never seemed like a nice person and so as a result people don’t resonate and she doesn’t have a solid fan base as a result. If Britney did 10 shows at Volatiare - she’d sell it out based on us in this forum alone. 

Honey, nobody here would be able to afford it. The Voltaire shows are NOT cheap. General Admission is $350+ and you're not even in front of the stage - GA is in the back. What people don't understand about these Voltaire shows is that they're more of the Vegas-style variety show setup. You're sitting at a group table where you're required to spend $1,000 on drinks alone. 

It's safe to say that even Britney would not sell out a place like that. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think her changing imaging kinda left her unauthentic especially after Stripped. I know I’ve heard people don’t like her personality after watching The Voice. Her pettiness over the years has garnered like a general dislike for her. I was a fan up until Lotus after that I didn’t really like her albums after. She perhaps had too much ego right from the start because the people she bad mouthed are more successful like Gaga and Britney. I don’t like personally how she makes contradicting statements like about chart chasing and Vegas residency’s. She needs to take more direction from producers and songwriters. She also bet on being “the voice of our generation” but hasn’t lived up to it artistically or performance wise. She had a chance to really make some bold statements that could have affected culture. She gave some bad performances too like at the Super Bowl and the Whitney Houston Tribute that should have been a huge moment for her. 

• Like 2

I wonder if The Woman In Me had some effect on the lower ticket sales. The book didn’t paint Xtina the same way it did JT, but she still had some moments that did Britney dirty. 

Also, we love to see anyone get healthy and confident, but she lost her natural curves and her body looks disproportionate to her head.

spacer.png

Now I’m fully convinced in her thicker days they were padding her up like a drag queen to offset her proportions 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sia said:

Honey, nobody here would be able to afford it. The Voltaire shows are NOT cheap. General Admission is $350+ and you're not even in front of the stage - GA is in the back. What people don't understand about these Voltaire shows is that they're more of the Vegas-style variety show setup. You're sitting at a group table where you're required to spend $1,000 on drinks alone. 

It's safe to say that even Britney would not sell out a place like that. 

I didn’t know this to be fair and that does change my outlook on it. 

I suppose it’s meant to be a high brow affair which also explains the setlist a bit more. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.