Britney left an important part out of the book

Sometimes I delusionally daydream about another book, this timed called "The Original Doll" where she tell us an insight of what she had planned career-wise between 2004-2006 and her point of view on that KISS FM interview where they played Mona Lisa. And this book will release with "The Original Doll" album. :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

Hahaha, I'm such a dreamer. I dream a lot. 

• Love 6

I found that she chose to focus less on her artistic work, and more on her expiriences and feelings around the relevant time. So while she didn't talk about certain albums, she did talk about how she was feeling, and as much as Rebellion and Original Doll has become part of fan lore, Britney makes it clear that at those times, she wasn't necessarily feeling the entire star thing!

• Love 2

I'm not surprised it wasn't mentioned. It was unreleased. Britney probably felt it was more important to discuss her released music. She also may have forgotten about it as well in the grand scheme of things. And Original Doll as an actual album probably doesn't exist. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I found that she chose to focus less on her artistic work, and more on her expiriences and feelings around the relevant time. So while she didn't talk about certain albums, she did talk about how she was feeling, and as much as Rebellion and Original Doll has become part of fan lore, Britney makes it clear that at those times, she wasn't necessarily feeling the entire star thing!

I commented something similar in the main book thread. The book didn’t cover many details and rumors that were pretty big, but it so perfectly captured her frame of mind, how it evolved over time, and the events that drove that evolution.

• Love 4
  • Like 3

That's simply because fans have created a myth out of nothing. I clearly remember we wanted Mona Lisa on a CD and then we had that new version of the song on the dvd//cd because she was pregnant etc.. Rebellion was just a demo.  It's not her fault fans decided this was a  scrapped mysterious album ...when anybody with common sense understand it was just the first songs of the early stage of Blackout coming to life.  

There is no secret Original doll album hidden somewhere. I never believed in this.  

Edited by Alio
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Alio said:

That's simply because fans have created a myth out of nothing. I clearly remember we wanted Mona Lisa and then we had that new version of the song on the dvd cd because we understood she was pregnant etc.. we got the song, Rebellion was a short demo.  It's not her fault fans decided this was a  scrapped mysterious album ...when anybody with common sense understand it was just the first songs of the early stage of Black out coming to life.  

There is no secret Original doll album. I never believed in this.  

Yes, and they choose right with the songs that had to come out, (Chaotic CD + My Prerogative bons tracks) 

4 hours ago, Toxicboy07 said:

Britney Spears addressed almost everything in the book except the mystery of the Original Doll album and rebellion song. That was an important part of her life and her team shut it down. That needed to be addressed and clarified. Till this day it remains Britney’s biggest mystery 👀👀

You are right, who knows maybe a rerelease of the book with Original Doll details as a bonus chapter like a bonus track lol.

4 hours ago, Toxicboy07 said:

Britney Spears addressed almost everything in the book except the mystery of the Original Doll album and rebellion song. That was an important part of her life and her team shut it down.

That's kind of a fan created narrative though, we don't really know what happened with it at all. Maybe Britney doesn't feel it's an important part of her story as much as fans wonder about it.

I was super curious about original doll and rebellion as well and I wanted to read about it in the book. 
However, now that I think about it, I’m glad it wasn’t mentioned in the book so we can still need that mystery around it that makes it important/magical (I don’t know how to describe it) for fans (at least for me).

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block