Britney reveals in 'The Woman In Me' that her first time wasn't with Justin Timberlake

43 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

But her virginity wasn't anybody's business that's personal especially when grown men were interviewing her about her bo.obs and her body. 

It was part of her image.  It was definitely a conscious decision to present sultry but then say no no, I’ve never done it.  I wish she was stronger in her convictions and was just herself since the beginning.  Maybe she wanted fame so bad she didn’t care and wasn’t old enough to know how it would snowball? 

• Love 1
Just now, GmailMyHeart said:

It was part of her image.  It was definitely a conscious decision to present sultry but then say no no, I’ve never done it.  I wish she was stronger in her convictions and was just herself since the beginning.  Maybe she wanted fame so bad she didn’t care and wasn’t old enough to know how it would snowball? 

It wasn't her it was her management and the label Britney even mentioned when she was smoking cigs and stuff like that, she wasn't really hiding it was her management. 

• Love 3
Just now, DiamondCircus said:

It wasn't her it was her management and the label Britney even mentioned when she was smoking cigs and stuff like that, she wasn't really hiding it was her management. 

Yes I know that, what I’m saying is I wish she hadn’t given in and was strong enough to be herself regardless of what the label wanted. she was certainly successful enough to have leverage to do it. Other artists were able to but to a certain extent  She was complicit 

1 minute ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Yes I know that, what I’m saying is I wish she hadn’t given in and was strong enough to be herself regardless of what the label wanted. she was certainly successful enough to have leverage to do it. Other artists were able to but to a certain extent  She was complicit 

i mean, how old was she when she became famous? 16? I don’t know a lot of 16 years old that had strong convictions at that age. And she’s surrounded by a bunch of people telling her what to do in order to further her career, so she naively went along with it because she was trusting of the people around her to have her best interest at heart, and now we see they never did. Her parents should have been the ones to be like “no that’s not a good image for our daughter to portray” but they never did that.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, GmailMyHeart said:

She was 16 and everyone told her to say she's a virgin because Americans thought that she was too seexy for her age. Why is it so hard for you guys to grasp the most basic things when it comes to Britney? Do you think she could have said NO to her management?? At her age??? She even regretted saying it because then everyone wanted to know whether she was still a virgin or not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gutterguppy said:

i mean, how old was she when she became famous? 16? I don’t know a lot of 16 years old that had strong convictions at that age. And she’s surrounded by a bunch of people telling her what to do in order to further her career, so she naively went along with it because she was trusting of the people around her to have her best interest at heart, and now we see they never did. Her parents should have been the ones to be like “no that’s not a good image for our daughter to portray” but they never did that.

This place is INSANE, why are these users here pointing the finger at a 16 year old Britney when everyone around her was at fault. She was still a minor. Imagine if she rebelled and lost her contract? She could have been a one hit wonder and went back to Kentwood. Imagine how terrible her parents would have been to her?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, GmailMyHeart said:

I understood why she lied but it honestly would’ve been smarter to just tell the press “I’m not answering that question” when they asked about her virginity and if it causes controversy “oh, she’s not answering because she isn’t one” her and her team could’ve easily spun it and said “you people don’t know if I am a virgin or not, I’m not answering that question because that’s a very inappropriate question to ask a teenage girl and it’s none of your business”. Idk why her team would think marketing her as a virgin wouldn’t backfire

1 hour ago, FullCircle said:

This doesn't make her look good. She was saying she was a virgin in interviews in 2000, so she was lying. 

Lol gurl, her management forced her to say that. It was for the virginal image they wanted her to portray so bad so all the dirty creeps would fantasize about her and being her « first. » That good little southern girl.

6 minutes ago, OneTrackMind said:

This place is INSANE, why are these users here pointing the finger at a 16 year old Britney when everyone around her was at fault. She was still a minor. Imagine if she rebelled and lost her contract? She could have been a one hit wonder and went back to Kentwood. Imagine how terrible her parents would have been to her?

I hope she really elaborates on this, but I would imagine she had a lot of pressure on her to do whatever it takes to be famous, especially given that her family grew up very poor and to them, this was their one and only chance to be free from that

1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:
1 hour ago, FullCircle said:

This doesn't make her look good. She was saying she was a virgin in interviews in 2000, so she was lying. 

But her virginity wasn't anybody's business that's personal especially when grown men were interviewing her about her bo.obs and her body. 

if she was interviewed TODAY, I bet those interviewers would be under fire. WHether someone is a virgin or not is nobody's business.

I clearly remember this being a hot topic back in 2001/2002. Everybody was obsessed with Britney’s virginity for some reason. I have ALWAYS said that one of Britney’s biggest mistakes was answering that virginity question in an interview where she stated that she was going to wait until marriage. After that, everything she did was scrutinized even more. She should’ve said it was none of their business and refused to answer the question. 

12 minutes ago, OneTrackMind said:

I think we need to realize as well that it was so different back then. I look at young artists today like Billie Eilish for example, and I’m not saying they have it easy by any means, but they in a way they have the autonomy to control their own image and still carve some semblance of an identity. Britney never had that. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ubritney said:

Lol gurl, her management forced her to say that. It was for the virginal image they wanted her to portray so bad so all the dirty creeps would fantasize about her and being her « first. » That good little southern girl.

I know. That doesn't help though. Still not a good look. She was complicit in pushing an image that was inauthentic. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block