What do you think of Britney’s knife dance going viral? Are people making fun of her or is it done with love?

For me going viral means, it has garnered public interest. There is no right or wrong reasons for it. Always, something unique, outstandingly creative and utterly interesting goes viral. So here she is, going viral for dancing with knives. She has done tons of IG dancing videos but this one went viral because it is, in Beyonce's word: UNIQUEEEEE! 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
  • Super Mods

It's the new umbrella :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Some are genuinely funny and are not meant to ridicule her or harm her, more in terms of "me when...." and then just used the video. Others are just legit bullying her :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I do feel a bit sad that people knew Britney for her iconic music, stardom, music videos, dancing, filled arenas and stadiums, amazing world tours, how gorgeous she is, and overall her having immense success.

Now they know her for this....It just makes me sad. Not saying there's anything wrong with her, I just somehow find it so hard to believe this is what she is to people nowadays, and look who she used to be :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Tbh I love the video. I saw the video on Twitter first and thought it was totally a middle finger to TMZ. I also thought her dancing looked on point. It was only looking at exhale that I saw all the histrionics.

Seems like those who are most upset are comparing her to popstars who are very much still part of the business. Yes, they all look great getting all dressed up with professional makeup artists and designers, but that is all part of a world that Britney has stated several times she is done with for now. She spent decades of her life in a makeup chair, performing, and making public appearances. Now she’s able to do everything on her own terms, and still she makes more waves than many of her contemporaries. It feels like she’s specifically rebelling against the image of the traditional popstar, which she embodied for so long.

No matter what she does, people try to tear her apart. The people diagnose her from her insta videos as “manic” or decide it’s “2007 all over again” are just part of the noise. It never feels like it’s about her safety or wellbeing, but forcing her into a mold that she continues to reject.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

Tbh I love the video. I saw the video on Twitter first and thought it was totally a middle finger to TMZ. I also thought her dancing looked on point. It was only looking at exhale that I saw all the histrionics.

Seems like those who are most upset are comparing her to popstars who are very much still part of the business. Yes, they all look great getting all dressed up with professional makeup artists and designers, but that is all part of a world that Britney has stated several times she is done with for now. She spent decades of her life in a makeup chair, performing, and making public appearances. Now she’s able to do everything on her own terms, and still she makes more waves than many of her contemporaries. It feels like she’s specifically rebelling against the image of the traditional popstar, which she embodied for so long.

No matter what she does, people try to tear her apart. The people diagnose her from her insta videos as “manic” or decide it’s “2007 all over again” are just part of the noise. It never feels like it’s about her safety or wellbeing, but forcing her into a mold that she continues to reject.

T H I S

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

Accurately executed.

Well I think controversial things are viewed in many ways, which is why it's 'controversial'. Honestly the circumstances did have a lot to do with how people view her knife post, if she actually did a performance like Shakira did, after all of the cship fiasco, then maybe it would have been viewed in a different way imo. But even her official work have a lot of divided opinions, bomt being too segxy for a 16 year old, 18 year-old ex-mouseketeer doing something like a strip show at the vmas, kissing another woman with tongue on tv, etc. I dunno, but honestly, the videos or lyrics of most music these days are way much worrying to me, and would be way concerned if my kids listened to those, and I doubt that minors really care about Britney now. So I don't even think it will become 'viral' viral. Just talked about amongst nostalgic millenials that know Britney and still think it's cool to hate on a celebrity.

This too shall pass imo.

• Love 1

I don't think people are laughing at her. My mom literally asked me if I saw the video with her and Michael Meyers, and in her mind it was just a fun video. Even on TikTok most people seem very accustomed to her IG dancing videos and defending her. I've seen similar memes with Shakira's performance too. There's not much going on in the online world right now, people are just bored. Britney is just doing what she's always done - giving us entertaining performances to talk about!

Sure there are some over dramatic, delusions 'fans' that throw around the word 'concerned' and don't believe her when she says they are fake knives, but honestly who cares about them. You could show them the receipts from the Prop store she rented them at and they still wouldn't believe they were fake.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block