What do you think of Britney’s knife dance going viral? Are people making fun of her or is it done with love?

• Super Mods
On 10/3/2023 at 12:32 AM, Greg Sargent said:

Britney makes headline news literally every year effortlessly. Shakira literally rehearsed for months with knives and Britney being reported  around the World and memed and copied just from her living room 💀like who has that power

Facts :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Shakira is shaking. 

Well, let's see. In the beginning I was afraid that it was a sign of Britney not being so well since I felt kinda disturbed watching the vid thinking those were real knives that could hurt her. Then now it seems to me that she was just having fun dancing with fake knives. Funny because it all happened at the same time Jamie Lynn was with some kind of attention with her ongoing performances on DWTS, like Britney was calling all the attention back. In resume: I think it's cool that Britney's getting attention as this meme in the mainstream of the social medias. But ... it seems a little dark. Like maybe there are people who are mocking her as they did when she shaved her hair, all this misogynist thing is real too (the "oh, look at what "crazy" Britney is doing). At the end of the day it seems like Britney is not that aware of the repercussions. Or is she...? Does Cade tell her? We don't know. But sure it looks like she was just having fun (or trolling). Not sure. I'd take the 'having fun' and 'experimenting new stuff'. 2007ney would handle it (TMZ news about the obsession with knives) playing with it or being ironic.

:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

I don't feel like laughing at the dance or that is fun to me. In fact I only did laughed at the reaction of the dogs. Lol poor sweeties... I love dogs.

Edited by Fita
On 10/2/2023 at 8:57 AM, filmandstage13 said:

Tbh I love the video. I saw the video on Twitter first and thought it was totally a middle finger to TMZ. I also thought her dancing looked on point. It was only looking at exhale that I saw all the histrionics.

Seems like those who are most upset are comparing her to popstars who are very much still part of the business. Yes, they all look great getting all dressed up with professional makeup artists and designers, but that is all part of a world that Britney has stated several times she is done with for now. She spent decades of her life in a makeup chair, performing, and making public appearances. Now she’s able to do everything on her own terms, and still she makes more waves than many of her contemporaries. It feels like she’s specifically rebelling against the image of the traditional popstar, which she embodied for so long.

No matter what she does, people try to tear her apart. The people diagnose her from her insta videos as “manic” or decide it’s “2007 all over again” are just part of the noise. It never feels like it’s about her safety or wellbeing, but forcing her into a mold that she continues to reject.

THIS

:gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

Britney totally stole Shakira’s thunder and this is definitely a case of “all publicity is good publicity” bc all of the think pieces and negativity switched to camp and laughs and giggles very quickly. She wasn’t using party city plastic Halloween kids toys, she got them shook with the butcher knives!

Everyday I’m impressed by Britney’s ability to make the public go wild without trying. It’s an art! :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block