Britney turned down any on-camera interviews, including with Oprah, to discuss 'The Woman In Me'

Lola2790

I’ve really been wondering about her level of involvement with the book. Like, how heavily was she involved in writing it or did just just kind of phone it in? She couldn’t even be bothered to do a photoshoot for the cover, and she’s not going to do any promo whatsoever. It’s like she could care less. Even the social media posts about the book from her accounts are definitely NOT written by her. 

I honestly feel like it’s going to be super vague and watered down. I’ve heard rumors that only a small section is devoted to the conservatorship years. I could care less who she was boning in 2002, but I want to know more about what happened from 2007-2021. I think that’s why most people are even interested in buying it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

She isn’t doing interviews because she can’t handle even the simplest of questions. All y’all act like she’s Einstein in here. Just accept that an interview/performance/anything is not going to happen. And it’s not because she is “letting the material speak for itself” as the owner of this site tries to spin it. Britney can’t even speak in normal conversation let alone an interview. Facts are facts.

Yep. That’s been the case for years now. Remember when we use to hold our breath watching her interviews, hoping she would at least sound somewhat coherent and give a normal answer? 

Britney literally can’t speak coherently anymore. Probably a side effect of the extended lithium use and other medications, as well. 

• Like 5

A few takeaways:

1. Nothing is confirmed.

2. Stop undermining Britney's intelligence, and decision making skills. It's insulting.

3. I also think it it's a stupid, and bad business decision to not have ANY interviews.

4. I highly doubt they gave her 15 million to not talk about the book and nor promote it.

5. Britney herself has said she has taken a lot of therapy to get to this point and get the book done. Stop undermining her healing process.

6. Chill out.

7. If it IS true that she isn't sitting down with anyone that is on her. 

8. Britney isn't an idiot. She is aware of the consequences of her actions.

9. If all goes to hell, we can say she could've waited with the book.

10. Someone who has shared her fair share of trauma on insta, wouldn't be hiding it in the book she has wanted to do for years.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Because the letters were insightful, made sense and gave us actual insight into Britney. The IG is jumbled captions that’s been running a smear campaign against Britney for the past few years, which has been successful as evidenced on this site where now even fans are turning against her. I see zero evidence she wrote this book or had any recent involvement in projects like Mind Your Business.

But if you think about it, what I’m getting at is that there’s no real way to prove it. Because any video message that Britney makes whether it’s prerecorded or live can be something that she came up with herself OR something someone told her to say. It doesn’t matter we would never know. Just like the infamous “All is well” IG vid. 

Personally I think regardless of what you feel about the videos and captions on IG, that shouldn’t discourage her writing the book. Especially since when people write these things, there is always the person who goes behind them and proofreads and organizes their thoughts to make the book more cohesive and directional. 

9 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Yep. That’s been the case for years now. Remember when we use to hold our breath watching her interviews, hoping she would at least sound somewhat coherent and give a normal answer? 

Britney literally can’t speak coherently anymore. Probably a side effect of the extended lithium use and other medications, as well. 

That isn’t entirely correct tho. We heard her talk about all of that in the court hearing which was after the lithium dosing and after she had been off of it for awhile. There’s also the other audios she released last year.

the way she presents herself with typing is different than how she verbalizes

31 minutes ago, BringTheAction said:

But if you think about it, what I’m getting at is that there’s no real way to prove it. Because any video message that Britney makes whether it’s prerecorded or live can be something that she came up with herself OR something someone told her to say. It doesn’t matter we would never know. Just like the infamous “All is well” IG vid. 

Personally I think regardless of what you feel about the videos and captions on IG, that shouldn’t discourage her writing the book. Especially since when people write these things, there is always the person who goes behind them and proofreads and organizes their thoughts to make the book more cohesive and directional. 

I’ve zero issues with her writing a book I just don’t really believe she is writing it. I definitely don’t think it is going to be the book she envisioned writing when she mentioned it in For The Record. A real autobiography from Britney is like an absolute dream book for me, exactly like those letters she used to write. I don’t think that’s happening tho and going on two years now with constant sabotage from that IG account, no interviews or seeing her speak for herself outside that account and the public/even fans turning on Britney altogether I don’t think it’s likely we’ll really hear her story. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

On the other hand, I can totally see a song being released next month like some sort of promotion for the book. Not a newly recorded song, but an old demo freshened up to make it sound current and more melodic(like GODmming in the star). The same way they did with Manjobi, no music video, no radio deal, no album. Just a buzz single to make some noise, I feel that's B's camp plan :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Edited by pablitonizer
45 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

If it’s true she can’t actually speak coherently anymore I don’t see how we are supposed to believe she wrote this book. Is it just gonna be a watered down account of stuff we already know, that is public knowledge, written by someone else with her name slapped on it? I don’t want to buy it then, to give other ppl money off Britney’s name like the c-ship has done for years. If she is in such a state due to the medication use for years, which could be possible, how can she consent to releasing this book or posting her ***** all over IG which ppl laugh at her for? It’s exploitation and it’s despicable. If that’s the state she’s in I gotta side eye every celeb at her ‘wedding’ BIG TIME for their involvement in that ‘marriage’ charade. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

i might be talking rubbish but i was shocked she only got 15 million. i dont know about book deals but to me it sounded low for someone like Britney. if it is low, could that be because she refused to do any promo for it?? Or is 15 million low, i dont know. i remember people on here at the time saying they were surprised it was only 15 million

23 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

I find it near impossible to believe she wrote this book and I’m not sure I want to buy it because the longer this goes on I still think it’s all so weird, I don’t want give money and buy her products when I still think something is up. How many years now and no interview or anything, it’s not about me wanting her to resume her career or whatever, IDGAF about that, but wanting to actually see Britney is ok and making her own decisions/writing her own book etc. So upsetting, I’ve wanted to hear her story/words about everything so badly but I’m not sure we ever will now :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

If she doesn’t destroy LOUCIFER in this book , I will not believe she wrote it

Edited by Lucky☆
  • Like 1

They say she is 'too traumatized' which I know is true but it feels like she just doesn't care. It will be more than disappointing if she releases this book without promoting it herself. One interview would be enough. People will NOT believe she wrote it if she doesn't show up and they can see her. 

For one side it's cool that she is not being obligated to do things and she's doing as she pleases but still... She has no problem posting long rants about a fast food employee that saw her crying and tried to comfort her, she has no problem posting videos showing her in very revealing ways. She is so afraid of people and traumatized but at the same time has no problem having an affair with an ex prisoner and **** dealer?

So yeah, if she doesn't promote it I will feel like she just doesn't care and the book is a money grab. 

I just hope this is a rumor and doesn't turn out to be true. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iZacaree said:

Be careful with the truth you’ll start to get warnings like we’re five years old😂

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Johanpapz said:

Yeah... HER living room, HER environment, HER lights and camera WITH NO STRANGERS around!!! This is how introvert and traumatized people "work".

It doesn't mean that the info is real tho. But if it really is, I understand and I feel sad for her to be that insecure. I hope she will heal soon.

Also, doing interviews for what? So some "fans" can complain about everything she will say or do? So some "fans" can turn any of her words against her? I won't do anything if I saw my "fans" bashing me all day just for my IG posts either... I hope she will release a last little EP and then retire for good and find peace and hapiness!

Tell them :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block