Will Britney Ever Have Another Iconic Performance?

1 hour ago, Mr. AmericanDream said:

Absolutely. But we have to WAIT! BArmy is not patient like they think they are and don't take into consideration all the logistics and things she has to do in order to get there. It's going to take TIME esp for her PERSONALLY, that would be a big step of healing for her. Besides she's only 41 :wink_britney_everytime_white:

:bouncey: She is not finished!!! And it seems like she’d like to do something like her In the Zone ABC special, which would be great for her

• Love 3

No but for real, at this point I think we all had a LONG journey expecting her to finally beat *** as she used to in her prime, pretty much since 2008 and she hasn't. She did great in 2016 though, but it wasn't all that. So, to still have expectations for her to explode the industry again it's being beyond optimistic, when the same Britney doesn't show any passion for her career anymore. Maybe I'm wrong, but that artistry she was exploring in 2003-2006 was extremely short and I don't see signs of that Brit at all right now. It's crazy, but if you think about it, Britney's whole career is based more on an expectation (not only her fans but gp too) than who she was in the first place. Like, almost two decades wishing for her to comeback for real. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Edited by tommy_boy
  • Like 4

I don't think anybody will have one ever again. Monoculture is dead. 

To elaborate, we no longer (as a country) tune into the same couple channels and all consume the same shows. We are in an era of streaming whatever specific category of custom entertainment each person wants. 

The only way an artist can have that wide of an audience again is if they do the Superbowl. And even that seems like the impossible gig, you can never please everyone. 

If Britney ever had a great live performance on TV, there would still be a large amount of haters saying "she didn't sing live" etc and nothing can shock anyone anymore. Her last legendary performance was the 2016 BMA's. She could do that again, technically, but I just don't think any single artist really makes a big impact with a single performance these days.

Edited by BritneyWiki
  • Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block