What is Britney's overrated album?

@princessmimi did a thread on her underrated albums so i thought i'd do one on overrated album

I wanna stress, this isnt a serious thread to bash anyone, can we just focus on her music career for once and not the cship or her personal life!! Also, it doesnt have to mean you dislike the album, it could just mean you dont think its as good as other albums that didnt get as much credit. Please lets keep this light!!

IMO, Glory is overrated tbh. when it first came out i absolutely loved it and played it non stop for like 2 months. But it got boring quickly. i still like the album but because its very much one sound and 99% of the songs sound similiar, it got bit boring after a couple of months. and i think what happened was because BJ was crap compared to her previous albums, Glory compared to BJ was a massive improvement so everyone including me raved about it thinking it was better than it actually was. It is a good album but not as amazing as it sounded when it was first released 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, Tiffany.Pollard said:

Blackout :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Most of the album is boring, overproduced sh... I prefer unreleased songs or demo versions than what is on album.

This. I feel like people just pretend it’s their favorite to look edgy or something… :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

The singles really are that *****, but most of the rest can go tbh

Edited by Baronesse
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mono-yuumi said:

I would say BOMT! Despite being her most successful one (in sales at least), it's just not that good haha... Only the singles are listen worthy nowdays imo. 

The thing about BOMT is its very of its time. so when it was released in 1999 it sounded great but in 2023 it sounds dated. i still love some songs off BOMT, its just its not current at all in 2023 

• Like 3
  • Super Mods

Lol I love that you made an overrated thread and I made an underrated one.

That's cool.

Anyways I dont think any of Britney's albums are overrated cause all of them (except BJ) are of quality but if I had to pick 1 album it would be:

Circus because other than the singles and maybe a few songs,

alot of the songs are lackluster or fillers to me.

Plus I REALLY hate Mmm Papi, that has got to be one of her WORST songs ever!  :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

The thing about BOMT is its very of its time. so when it was released in 1999 it sounded great but in 2023 it sounds dated. i still love some songs off BOMT, its just its not current at all in 2023 

i feel like BOMT has a lot of fillers. britney (the album) was released less than 3 years later and it has a lot of replay value in 2023 imo. and i think it might be because britney had more participation on its creative concept, while in BOMT its noticible her record label didnt gave much room for her being herself on the record. i dont think the album would be successful at all if it wasn't by the BOMT video, and the video concept was mostly britney's ideas. 

• Like 1

"Glory" is overrated among the fandom. Just because she had some sort of control in the process doesn't mean the output is great, as most of you pretend it to be. It sounds like Selena’s album and has no substance, simply chasing trends. Those producers were the worst.

Though “Make Me” is the only song that I love. It sounds so good and the lyrics are great. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block