Do you think Britney ties her self worth to her ***uality and that's why she won't show us a deeper layer of her artistry on Instagram? She has SO MUCH MORE to offer than just s**...

9 hours ago, justhanging said:

Her latest video reminds me of the Gimme More video and it feels like Britney is picking up where she left off but at the same time it makes me wonder if all the ***ual posts and dancing on Instagram are a result of Britney feeling that her self worth is tied to just her s** appeal?

She is so talented. She learned to play the piano herself over a weekend according to Larry, she writes beautiful poetry and music, she can sing really soulfully if she chooses to, her creativity with her music videos and costumes are spectaular...

But Britney is still very much all those things you listed above. Her choosing to express one side of her persona does not negate the other side. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to fathom that women/people in general are multi-dimensional and complex. 

ETA: the other week she posted (but then shortly removed) that poem/song she shared on her IG and many of you were lauding her and saying it was great that she was being dark and creative. Why all of sudden the shift in attitude now?

Edited by Zoey102
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

It’s called filling a void! She never got proper attention from her father growing up and knows the easiest way to get that attention is through her ***uality which I’m stunned Sam is “ok” with as her husband! Makes me wonder what influence he has in her life but that aside I firmly believe that’s where the behavior stems from. I also don’t think her brother was the most positive male in her life either. I truly believe Justin was one of the best influences and people in her life during the time they dated. I think he truly loved her and she shined. Literally all her troubles came after that. She didn’t know what to do with herself. I’ve always said the best thing for Britney would be for Britney to solely focus on herself without anyone else for a while. Even if it feels lonely for her at points I guarantee the outcome would be excellent and she would be so much strength. I mean even with Sam some fans don’t trust him and honestly the bigger reason is because Britney isn’t consistent. No one can fully trust her. You can adore her and love her but y’all don’t trust her and know why. She needs to learn how to trust herself and build a solid foundation within herself. Y’all can sit here and talk about what she’s been through until your blue in the face for all I care but that’s in the past now and it’s time to start thinking about now. I swear she could commit mur*** tomorrow and some of you would say but she’s been through hell! We all go through stuff good and bad it’s called life! Yes some people have it worse but it’s also what you make of it. Her IG isn’t doing her any favors sorry not sorry. It’s got to be so exhausting protecting that stuff. Britney is so big that if she cleaned her act up people would support her. She’s had ten million comebacks and horrible/messy moments since 2007. It’s never been consistent like before then. I went into more detail because I do believe this ties into not only the lack of her father but the abusive behavior he put her through. Imagine the stuff we don’t know! He went through trauma himself and chose to go down the hard road after. Her kids are just kids and have stated they’re embarrassed yet she keeps posting the same content. There seems to be no focus on mending the relationship with them. Idk man. And keep the bs hate for yourself I’m just keeping it real. 

• Haha 3
  • Like 2
42 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

It’s called filling a void! She never got proper attention from her father growing up and knows the easiest way to get that attention is through her ***uality which I’m stunned Sam is “ok” with as her husband! Makes me wonder what influence he has in her life but that aside I firmly believe that’s where the behavior stems from. I also don’t think her brother was the most positive male in her life either. I truly believe Justin was one of the best influences and people in her life during the time they dated. I think he truly loved her and she shined. Literally all her troubles came after that. She didn’t know what to do with herself. I’ve always said the best thing for Britney would be for Britney to solely focus on herself without anyone else for a while. Even if it feels lonely for her at points I guarantee the outcome would be excellent and she would be so much strength. I mean even with Sam some fans don’t trust him and honestly the bigger reason is because Britney isn’t consistent. No one can fully trust her. You can adore her and love her but y’all don’t trust her and know why. She needs to learn how to trust herself and build a solid foundation within herself. Y’all can sit here and talk about what she’s been through until your blue in the face for all I care but that’s in the past now and it’s time to start thinking about now. I swear she could commit mur*** tomorrow and some of you would say but she’s been through hell! We all go through stuff good and bad it’s called life! Yes some people have it worse but it’s also what you make of it. Her IG isn’t doing her any favors sorry not sorry. It’s got to be so exhausting protecting that stuff. Britney is so big that if she cleaned her act up people would support her. She’s had ten million comebacks and horrible/messy moments since 2007. It’s never been consistent like before then. I went into more detail because I do believe this ties into not only the lack of her father but the abusive behavior he put her through. Imagine the stuff we don’t know! He went through trauma himself and chose to go down the hard road after. Her kids are just kids and have stated they’re embarrassed yet she keeps posting the same content. There seems to be no focus on mending the relationship with them. Idk man. And keep the bs hate for yourself I’m just keeping it real. 

What void is she trying to fill? She said her parents were nudist and would walk around with no clothes, so I would think it's something she feels comfortable in doing. 

You seem to have some inside information on her psyche, so why are you assuming she doesn't trust herself or that she's not getting to a point of trying to do that? Why are you flippantly downplaying what she's been through as, 'We all go through stuff good and bad it’s called life! Yes some people have it worse but it’s also what you make of it.' Isn't the fact Britney is still able to find good in the world and keep pushing through a testament to her making lthe most of her new life? 

As for the Justin stuff, I find what you say to not be entirely true. Yes, Justin did love her and Britney loved him, but he started to become jealous of Britney's career because she outshone him and started pulling away from her. Did her alleged cheating help, no. But how is a jealous partner being a good influence? 

All of Britney's troubles started because her parents wanted to control her and she must've recognized that because she started to act out as result, so not sure why you're pinning it solely on her father when her mother is to blame as well. 

Edited by Zoey102
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TakeYourHand said:

This 1000000%

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Zoey102 said:

Why are you flippantly downplaying what she's been through as, 'We all go through stuff good and bad it’s called life! Yes some people have it worse but it’s also what you make of it.' Isn't the fact Britney is still able to find good in the world and keep pushing through a testament to her making lthe most of her new life? 

This… 100%. Not many people have had 13 years of their lives stolen from them. Again, I don’t enjoy a lot of her posts for different reason, but to downplay her struggles like “everyone has issues”… yeah no. It’s a miracle she’s with us and it’s amazing she is still able to smile, and yes, even spin around and dance on a pole. It may not be ideal, but she’s still a ******* hero.

Edited by Dave92
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Dave92 said:

This… 100%. Not many people have had 13 years of their lives stolen from them. Again, I don’t enjoy a lot of her posts for different reason, but to downplay her struggles like “everyone has issues”… yeah no.

Just to expand a bit further on 2007 since they mention she hasn't been consistent since then — I've always felt the reason for that can be attributed to a lot of traumatic events she had to endure during/up to that point. 

Remember, she had her boys back to back; 2005 & 2006. Anyone who is a mom can understand that being pregnant and having one child can be challenging, but having them back to back, in the public eye, with no support from their father is even more challenging. Couple that with the fact that she had PPD. I don't know if any of you have had experience with that (and I hope not), but the best way I can think to describe it is as crippling. Also, no one understood what it really was back then, so support for that was close to non-existent. According to Lynne's book, Britney would sometimes not take the meds prescribe to her, which made things more difficult. In late 2006, she divorces K-fad. 

Following the boys' birth and divorce, and this is something that I always felt played a huge role in her breakdown that I don't think gets discussed here very often, is the death of her maternal aunt, Sandra Bridges, in early 2007, whom Britney was very close with and looked up to as another mother figure. I believe Lynne mentions in her book that Britney didn't even attend the funeral. 

Then we have the infamous head shaving incident and the umbrella fiasco with the paparazzi. Again, she has not had a chance to properly deal and cope with the traumatic events happening in her life and is being pushed to the brink by the paparazzi. All of this is happening and she's only in her early 20s. Of course, we all know what happens in the following year.

I say this not to dwell on past events of her life, but it is not far-fetched to think that all of these events pushed her to her breaking point and the worse part was that she had to deal with all of this by herself. What she needed during that time was real support from her family in helping her to deal/cope with the trauma around her and give her the break she so desperately wanted in order to find herself outside of Britney Spears, the pop star/s** symbol. Instead they chose to assert dominance and control over her life just to keep the gravy train going.  

Edited by Zoey102
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

I think it's part of it for sure.

Whatever it is it started back in the 2004 when she simulated s** and mas*******n on stage. Context is everything though so her being provocative with messy hair/ almost no clothes in the living roum is off puttting to people.

But I think she should do whatever she needs to do to heal inside, we only know 1% of what happened during c-ship.

• Like 1

Britney moves with the times and she has realised that her ***uality is something beautiful and to be expressed regardless of outside judgement. If it was good enough to do to earn others a nice payday when she was refused coffee, new sketchers or a kitchen revamp, then it's good enough to do now on her own terms without the bloodsuckers who pimped her out to benefit it. 

She's also showed the world her talents more than enough, we been knew. She just likes being in touch with her ***uality as it's spiritual for her. Nobody deserves to take that from her. Her entitled kids can kick a punching bag or scream to release the energy of the sudden "embarrassment" in the echofilled corridors of the big house that has been provided (again) thanks to their mama's exposed skin. If other kids mock them , then show her the respect of responding "but my mum is Britney fu**ng Spears - your mother can't even fill a small bra yet mine is filling stadiums world wide without even trying, take several seats". They'll appreciate her when she's back at the top but I hope they come to accept accountability for being the two people in the whole world she feared rejection and judgement from, publicly kick her whilst she was already down. The fact the 13 years was done just for them and they..... - whew I can't with the disrespect and audacity - they're old enough to do better. 

Edited by UnyewsualYew
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Zoey102 said:

Just to expand a bit further on 2007 since they mention she hasn't been consistent since then — I've always felt the reason for that can be attributed to a lot of traumatic events she had to endure during/up to that point. 

Remember, she had her boys back to back; 2005 & 2006. Anyone who is a mom can understand that being pregnant and having one child can be challenging, but having them back to back, in the public eye, with no support from their father is even more challenging. Couple that with the fact that she had PPD. I don't know if any of you have had experience with that (and I hope not), but the best way I can think to describe it is as crippling. Also, no one understood what it really was back then, so support for that was close to non-existent. According to Lynne's book, Britney would sometimes not take the meds prescribe to her, which made things more difficult. In late 2006, she divorces K-fad. 

Following the boys' birth and divorce, and this is something that I always felt played a huge role in her breakdown that I don't think gets discussed here very often, is the death of her maternal aunt, Sandra Bridges, in early 2007, whom Britney was very close with and looked up to as another mother figure. I believe Lynne mentions in her book that Britney didn't even attend the funeral. 

Then we have the infamous head shaving incident and the umbrella fiasco with the paparazzi. Again, she has not had a chance to properly deal and cope with the traumatic events happening in her life and is being pushed to the brink by the paparazzi. All of this is happening and she's only in her early 20s. Of course, we all know what happens in the following year.

I say this not to dwell on past events of her life, but it is not far-fetched to think that all of these events pushed her to her breaking point and the worse part was that she had to deal with all of this by herself. What she needed during that time was real support from her family in helping her to deal/cope with the trauma around her and give her the break she so desperately wanted in order to find herself outside of Britney Spears, the pop star/s** symbol. Instead they chose to assert dominance and control over her life just to keep the gravy train going.  

I think I remember one of the losers she dated (I think his name was Issac, he was a model) who later sold her out talked about how she’d cry in bed and talk about her aunt. 

I didn’t know she didn’t attend the funeral. Sad. It’s so crazy she died in 2007, I kinda forgot about it - imagine if she was around, maybe she’d help her and there wouldn’t even  be a Con… at least not for that long. 

• Like 1
Just now, Dave92 said:

I think I remember one of the losers she dated (I think his name was Issac, he was a model) who later sold her out talked about how she’d cry in bed and talk about her aunt. 

I didn’t know she didn’t attend the funeral. Sad. It’s so crazy she died in 2007, I kinda forgot about it - imagine if she was around, maybe she’d help her and there wouldn’t even  be a Con… at least not for that long. 

Correction, I did a brief deep dive and apparently Britney did attend the funeral of her aunt. She had a very close bond with Sandra, much like she did with her own mother, and her death had a profound affect on her.

WWW.IOL.CO.ZA

Sources close to singer Britney Spears, say that her impending breakdown may have been triggered by the death of her aunt.

Yes. She was exploited and overly ***ualized since she was a child. She got a lot of attention from the shock value of being provocative. Just think of that rolling stone photoshoot. She was 16/17 and posing like that in her childhood bedroom. Nothing about that was normal nor healthy. It has carried with her into adulthood. We also have to remember how hard aging is in general, let alone in the public eye. Britney was known for her looks/body/**** image. It’s hard letting go of that and embracing change. There’s definitely some psychological aspect to it, but I’m no expert, and this isn’t the place to have discussions like that.  

Edited by Kaitlyn Johnson
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, easy said:

:nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

All this psychoanalytic behavior because??? Britney Spears danced on a pole??? This is literally what it boils down to. There's nothing wrong with being s e x y and expressing it. It doesn't make her less of a woman, it doesn't mean that's all her self worth is tied to. Just a few weeks ago Britney was sharing her dark poetry with us. Britney is a multifaceted woman, maybe we should be asking ourselves why it's only discussed ad nauseam when she expresses her ***uality and the deeper side of her isn't. Maybe it's not that's what Britney thinks is her self worth, but maybe that's what everyone in her life has showed her. 

Can we just admit it wasn’t very ****

6 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I 100% agree with you on the kids part. It’s truly sad. In reality it’s up to the parent to put effort into mending relationships with their kids. It shouldn’t be up to the kids to reach out and decide when they should talk. Kids don’t know how to fix relationships. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, EmmaJG said:

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I 100% agree with you on the kids part. It’s truly sad. In reality it’s up to the parent to put effort into mending relationships with their kids. It shouldn’t be up to the kids to reach out and decide when they should talk. Kids don’t know how to fix relationships. 

No, it's not up to the kids to fix a relationship with a parent, but parents should not be discouraging/rooting for the children to not see said parent either. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Zoey102 said:

I think this is the issue. That a lot of fans have a problem with her wanting to express her se.xuality cause she's in her 40s, and to them once women hit that threshold, they're supposed to stop being s**.y. Or they're upset that's she's choosing to express her se.xiness this way (i.e. dancing on a pole) cause she's a MoThEr and once you're a mom that's all you are and nothing else. I can't with some of these people. 

Oh I agree, ageism def. plays a part, even though she’s not even old, she’s only 41, not 141, lol, and of course the mom shaming aspect, god forbid a mom not be dull and covered from head to toe. Then of course, the  good ‘ol misogyny completes the circle.  

People need to get their heads out of their *****!!

• Love 2
On 8/15/2023 at 5:05 PM, EmmaJG said:

Absolutely not! Im sorry Britney went through what she did, and I’ve supported her for years via music and tours, fought for her freedom, and still support her today however I don’t condone crappy behavior. I won’t. I wouldn’t do it to the people I love and care about either. If my friend Steph started posting that type of content and her son Shay (who looks up to me as an uncle) said he was upset and embarrassed alone I would call her out. Mental illness can’t forever be a pass if nothing seems to be done about it. And no the answer isnt a cship, it’s Britney realizing she needs to help herself because she wants to! Btw unpopular opinions are ok! It’s just the same ten people who like to attack others who don’t wear the rose tinted glasses. Ignore them lol. Your response was refreshing :)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block