Doja Cat in war with her fanbase: "just delete the entire account and rethink everything" "get a life"

descg

I think its interesting that she’s challenging the dynamics of fandoms and artists.

Sometimes the idol is pure escapism and something to fill the void in one’s life.

Its common sense: a die hard fan with a dedicated website is usually a cookie dysfunctional person too focused on a subject.

I’m not shading Jordan. I think he’s balanced and functional.

• Haha 7

I don't follow anything about her but just reading some of her replies on twitter tbh I agree with her... Imagine people on the internet or "fans" constantly verbally abusing you or giving you backhanded compliments or insults 24/7 around the clock telling you what to do, what to wear, what to say. "You look ugly" "You can't say that" "Why are you wearing that." I could never be famous, my mind would unravel.

Eventually you would either just snap if you're being real or get really really good at pretending you don't hear it.  

• Like 1

I think she makes some interesting points. Some fans obsess too much over their favorite artists. However, I think denying the importance of her fans is stupid. Many people out there have more talent than her, but they don't have the same support, so she owes some gratitude to the people who made her famous. She's delusional if she thinks her success is due to her talent alone. 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, descg said:

There is a difference between giving an opinion and being disrespectful.

And about if shes right i've never been that kind of fan and I don't believe in fandom names but is like strange start a topic about that in a post in social media suddenly.

She's replying to creepy people, not fans. She's also criticizing this way of interacting with (famous) people on the internet: it's weird, it's wrong, stop doing it. Her quitting the bullshiz and going straight at it is her way of calling this unhealthy way of socializing while disengaging with them at the same time.

14 minutes ago, Mantequilla said:

I think she makes some interesting points. Some fans obsess too much over their favorite artists. However, I think denying the importance of her fans is stupid. Many people out there have more talent than her, but they don't have the same support, so she owes some gratitude to the people who made her famous. She's delusional if she thinks her success is due to her talent alone. 

There are many people who are talented (Xtina, Nicole Scherzinger...) but cannot truly connect with people. Doja was able to do both. So she earned whatever she got, and she's also paying the price as well: fame is both the prize and the price. So people should leave her alone. If anything, don't pay attention to her, and let's see if she continues being successful... I think she will. Fans are overrated, there's also healthy music lovers and the GP.

4 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

There are many people who are talented (Xtina, Nicole Scherzinger...) but cannot truly connect with people. Doja was able to do both. So she earned whatever she got, and she's also paying the price as well: fame is both the prize and the price. So people should leave her alone. If anything, don't pay attention to her, and let's see if she continues being successful... I think she will. Fans are overrated, there's also healthy music lovers and the GP.

Excuse Me What GIF by Nickelodeon

Both things? Shes not even famous apart of the Gen Z internet fans, you cannot compare Xtina with her lol. 

• Like 2

Not even saying I disagree, but her personality is a mess. This reminds me of her ridiculous announcement that she was going to quit and that time she got into a controversy with the Stranger Things boy. Some people need to know when to shut their mouths, especially to prevent themselves from pushing fans, the people who provide their income, away. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Man that is so rude of her to say to that fan.

Even if they are some trolls disguised as a fan, 

the best thing to do is to ignore them cause if you react like this,

you give them the reaction you want!

She should be grateful she even has fans especially with all that weird behavior including the satanic/illuminati sh!!!t she's been doing for a while.

• Love 1

Rude as she was, there's some valid point here.

Fandom are inevitably toxic at some degree.
Imagine dedicate all your personal time to obsessed over a person you don't even met.
And then a bunch of you just relentlessly talk about that person like a cult.

Celebrities (or artists) were never your friend. One purchased a piece of work of another, and that's it. You don't own each other anything.

I actually hope more celebrity would address boundary issue in the future.
Taylor, especially you. Swiftie is going to become the cancer of internet at this rate!

• Love 1

I mean...she isn't completely wrong tho?

Why would anyone expect an artist to randomly say she loves them?

She isn't a puppet on a string that can be played by her fans. You're a fan because of the music she makes. Because people like her music doesn't mean she should act as if she owns them anything.

You can 'demand' or expect certain things from an artist but needing them to say they love you whenever you need it, is plain psycho behavior in my eyes...

I am actually surprised so many Britney fans agree with the fans here while Britney has been a puppet herself for years...I WISH Britney would be this forward to her fans/people as I admire Doja's honesty.

Other people do it behind your backs, she does it plain and simple in your face and I respect that.

She could have used more mature wording but the message itself is not wrong.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nux1989 said:

Rude as she was, there's some valid point here.

Fandom are inevitably toxic at some degree.
Imagine dedicate all your personal time to obsessed over a person you don't even met.
And then a bunch of you just relentlessly talk about that person like a cult.

Celebrities (or artists) were never your friend. One purchased a piece of work of another, and that's it. You don't own each other anything.

Exactly my thoughts too

9 hours ago, katiespears said:

I don't follow anything about her but just reading some of her replies on twitter tbh I agree with her... Imagine people on the internet or "fans" constantly verbally abusing you or giving you backhanded compliments or insults 24/7 around the clock telling you what to do, what to wear, what to say. "You look ugly" "You can't say that" "Why are you wearing that." I could never be famous, my mind would unravel.

Eventually you would either just snap if you're being real or get really really good at pretending you don't hear it.  

I get why some celebs (like Doja obviously) hate their fans and why they don't want to be subjected to that kind of stuff, but honestly, if that's the case just be a grown-up and don't interact with them !

Let someone handle your public social media, don't do meet and greets and just stay in your own bubble. All of this stuff is just on the internet. There's no need to call them out on their behavior as long as they aren't interfering with her personal life (like those ********* that called the cops on Britney for a welfare check). 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, descg said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Nickelodeon

Both things? Shes not even famous apart of the Gen Z internet fans, you cannot compare Xtina with her lol. 

You can hear Doja in most playlists that the GP listens to, and she's huge in social media, which is based on personality, so she wins in both. What's not clear?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block