Britney gives Grammy-worthy vocal performance while riding horse in Mexico

4 hours ago, jordeezus said:

She's doing something so different with her voice lately. Its not regular vibrato. She sounds beautiful but the vibrato is from tension in the voice. Its a choice. It's not bad, just an interesting choice to share with 50million people. 

Is that the way her voice sounds when it’s singing the long notes? I’m not a musical genius so idk all the terms. If it’s that I was wondering why her voice was doing that. I’m not hating on her because I love the sound of her voice and I love when she posts singing videos, but I just wanted to know why her voice does that when it never used to before.

Other than that, she rocked singing while riding a horse, that must be tough to do and also recording herself at the same time. When I rode a horse the first time I was completely terrified lol, so I definitely wouldn’t record myself on one :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:.

Also Radar (Britney’s Version) confirmed!

:bouncey:

• Love 1

I've written my opinion on this before in other variations of threads on her voice

TLDR:

I am positive her voice is damaged. She used to force her voice and her technique was never solid for long live performances. From her pre-prime years of actually singing the majority of her stuff life with improper technique while dancing, she could've damaged her vocal cords over time (Similar to Mariah Carey, that's why she sounds different than her prime now). That's why you hear the progression change from albums. Then her focus became more on dancing, and she didn't sing at all.

So, it's pretty cool she's singing live and sharing it with us. It's something her audience has been deprived of basically since 2003 when she performed on SNL with live vocals for ITZ / Every time. 

It will be interesting to see if she addresses this in the book. Or perhaps she'll drop some bombshell about Team Con and her voice, or not being able to sing live. Who knows! But she would definitely benefit from lessons to gain her skills back, I don't think they are permanently lost. 

Edited by thisforumwhacknow
  • Like 6

Radar horse vibez 😃 I think Britney is just playing around. It sounds like she was making the song up as she was going along and then turned it into amazing grace. When your singing a song spontaneously the correct pitch and flow hasn’t been decided yet.

I’d imagine thats how she starts her songwriting when creating a new song. After a few practices the song is fully formed just like how we hear on her albums.

she has alot of hidden power in her voice and it’s well rested too. I agree smoking is not the best choice but some of the greatest singers such as Aretha Franklin and Mariah started their career as smokers. I remember Mariah saying she smoked For 10 years during the 90s.

Edited by Showreel Channel
2 minutes ago, Showreel Channel said:

Radar horse vibez 😃 I think Britney is just playing around. It sounds like she was making the song up as she was going along and then turned it into amazing grace. When your singing a song spontaneously the correct pitch and flow hasn’t been decided yet.

I’d imagine thats how she starts her songwriting when creating a new song. After a few practices the song is fully formed just like how we hear on her albums.

she has alot of hidden power in her voice and it’s well rested too. I agree smoking is not the best choice but some of the greatest singers such as Aretha Franklin and Mariah started their career as smokers. I remember Mariah saying she smoked For 10 years during the 90s.

She wasn't making it up as she went along, the first part was "Jesus loves me" the Whitney Houston version.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Showreel Channel said:

Sorry to say, but I’m not a singer and I don’t sound like this. It’s so pitchy and cracky. I hope she trains her voice someday, because it’s hidden somewhere

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Henny said:

Sorry to say, but I’m not a singer and I don’t sound like this. It’s so pitchy and cracky. I hope she trains her voice someday, because it’s hidden somewhere

I’m not defending her singing per se. I just mean she knows how to switch it up when she wants too.

Music producers have complemented her vocals in the studio. I mean she sang the song Perfume in a proper voice even though a year before on X factor when she sang happy birthday it was very crackly.

Britney knows music, she’s not new to the industry.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, kobeta said:

You don’t have to pretend that this is great to be a fan. You don’t have to worship everything she does. We’re all on a Britney Spears fan forum, I think it’s a given that we all love her. We are all different: some will listen to this and genuinely love it. Some will pretend they love it even though they don’t, and some won’t like it at all and say just that. It doesn’t make one fan better or worse than the other. 

I think you need to loosen up. This forum nowadays is all about tearing her down and proving she’s not perfect.

I really enjoy Britney and had fun watching the video and had fun making the thread. Go spread your misery somewhere else.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

I think you need to loosen up. This forum nowadays is all about tearing her down and proving she’s not perfect.

I really enjoy Britney and had fun watching the video and had fun making the thread. Go spread your misery somewhere else.

With all due respect, the only one that need to loosen up here is you. You don’t have to be a hater, as you call them, just because one didn’t like this singing clip. Point me to any misery I have spread in this thread or anywhere else. You won’t find any. 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block