Reason why they underestimate Britney‘s Sales and Overestimate Taylor, Rihanna and co

Britney is criminally undercertified, especially her singles. And most sources like Wikipedia go by certifications, as actual sales numbers are rare. Her singles certifications in US alone are only at 10 million, while she is eligible for around 65 million or more gold and plat certs in total. And this is not the only country without automatic certifications.

Unfortunately, her label is useless at taking care of her legacy.

I don't trust those things.  I've said this in other threads and I'll say it here, Britney blew up when she came out.  When the US bombed Afghanistan, there were literally Britney Spears posters in their music stores in the middle of the desert.  So, I've long suspected that her record sales are much higher.  PLUS, bootlegging CDs was all the rage at the time.  Lastly, everyone had their hand in the pot when it came to her music and money.  I wouldn't be surprised if they lessened the record sales numbers and took those $$$ for themselves.

I think Britney is still doing okay considering everything. 

Britney rose to stardom during an era where pop and bubblegum music were massive. She only made that genre bigger.

However, she hasn't been able to shake off the fact that she was just a product or someone that was told to just sing to make money for others. Her music was never really heartfelt and the lyrics didn't really mean anything deep. And for that time there was nothing wrong with that. But I think as society changed songwriting and storytelling of your personal life became a thing. I don't necessarily agree with that because people just can appreciate good music in different ways but the younger generation. The "woke" people, are so politically correct with everything that I think someone like Britney doesn't benefit from. Of course she is still loved and adored by millions of people around the world, but in terms of recent music, everyone seems to want lyrics that are so deep and tell a story about what you went through and you went through a breakup or what you went through when you went through a divorce. Whereas the fans that really loved Britney during the late 90s and early 2000s I still in love with the Britney of those days. If Britney were to release oops today, I really don't think she would be as big as star. She got really lucky for that time and then rode that wave for a long time.   I don't think her music could sell these days like it used to. Also have personal life has overshadowed her professional life and I think that's affected a lot as well. Whether it's right or wrong. 

12 hours ago, HIM said:

My understanding is 

bomt 31.5m

oops 25m

britney 15m

in the zone 11m

ghmp 7m

blackout 5m

ciecus 8m

ff 2.5m

bj 1.8m

glory 800k

that would beees 102.6 miliianas sold

no. 

CSPC-Britney-Spears-albums-and-singles-s
CHARTMASTERS.ORG

One of the most popular female artists ever, there is a lot of myths surrounding sales achievements of Britney Spears. The truth is one click away.

ITZ sold 13m EAS, As did Britney. GHMP doesn't count, Blackout is 5.5, Glory is 1m, BJ is 1.5 FF is 5, and Orphan(3,My prerogative, Do somethin' Someday, Scream&Shout) is 4m

25 minutes ago, Blackout44 said:

no. 

CSPC-Britney-Spears-albums-and-singles-s
CHARTMASTERS.ORG

One of the most popular female artists ever, there is a lot of myths surrounding sales achievements of Britney Spears. The truth is one click away.

ITZ sold 13m EAS, As did Britney. GHMP doesn't count, Blackout is 5.5, Glory is 1m, BJ is 1.5 FF is 5, and Orphan(3,My prerogative, Do somethin' Someday, Scream&Shout) is 4m

it's a bit outdated, but it's the best available. I think they'll reevaluate in a year or 2

17 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Girl, I'm still trying to figure out how one of the biggest living legends in the world ever has, allegedly, only 60 millions dollars, wtf? :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

For the millionth time the 60 million being reported on is the money and real estate in her personal name. Her big money is in the SJB trust and is in the hundreds of millions (most likely the 600 million that some say was "stolen" when they don't use their brain and think because it was briefly managed by Stonebridge that they must have stolen it, while most likely it is just now being managed by another financial advisor/bank). Media only report on the 60 million because of what was reported on during the c-ship, since what is in the trust isn't her property (it's the trust's, Britney is the beneficiairy). 

20 hours ago, Midnights said:

She sold +110m copies and Wikipedia says she sold 114m.

who are "they" that say she sold over 230m. as you said?

I searched google for it and only found a French wikipedia page that mentions 230m albums sold and that gets edited by literally anyone.

They just wanna hate :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block