Reason why they underestimate Britney‘s Sales and Overestimate Taylor, Rihanna and co

If you look up wikipedia or other sites i feel like they either underestimate Britney‘s sales or overestimate the other‘s. 

Like Taylor Swift barely had an album that sold over 10 mio. and still they say she sold over 230 mio. records.

Also Rihanna or Jennifer Lopez and others are accounted with over 200 mio records sold. 

While Britney had sold over 100 mio records for like the last 20 years still she released stuff in the last 20 years and has nearly 9 billion streams…. 

What‘s going on there? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, MoodRing3 said:

If you look up wikipedia or other sites i feel like they either underestimate Britney‘s sales or overestimate the other‘s. 

Like Taylor Swift barely had an album that sold over 10 mio. and still they say she sold over 230 mio. records.

Also Rihanna or Jennifer Lopez and others are accounted with over 200 mio records sold. 

While Britney had sold over 100 mio records for like the last 20 years still she released stuff in the last 20 years and has nearly 9 billion streams…. 

What‘s going on there? 

from 1998-2016 the best selling artists are

1.Eminem 186m EAS

2.Britney 109m EAs

3. Rhianna 108m EAs

The reason is streaming, Britney just doesn't compare, especially on youtube. y actual units, she leads both but the streaming era is crazy good for Taylor, who jumped from 6th to 2nd in a year

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MoodRing3 said:

She sold +110m copies and Wikipedia says she sold 114m.

who are "they" that say she sold over 230m. as you said?

I searched google for it and only found a French wikipedia page that mentions 230m albums sold and that gets edited by literally anyone.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackout44 said:

yeah, but Toxic with only 600m views be like... I mean all her vids are better than Taylor's, but no one gives a crap these days

This is because Youtube reset her views when Vevo started. She lost 100s of millions of views. I remember at least 250 million were lost from the Womanizer video. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

This is because Youtube reset her views when Vevo started. She lost 100s of millions of views. I remember at least 250 million were lost from the Womanizer video. 

I remember this too, also Gimme More had LOTS of views and it got to zero.

However, Toxic having 600mm views is not good

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

I remember this too, also Gimme More had LOTS of views and it got to zero.

However, Toxic having 600mm views is not good

It is good especially when the song is close to 1B streams on Spotify.

People are no longer interested in music videos these days, it is no longer a thing.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Taylor Swift living rent free in some of you all’s minds. I don’t care for the girl, but damn, some Britney fans really act threatened by her. 

They’re not threatened by a basic white woman they are threatened by Beyoncé 

• Like 1

Streaming has a lot to do with it, in addition Britney hasn't had a good selling album since Circus back in 2008.

Femme Fatale did okay but that was back in 2011 when she had her last #1 single over a decade ago.

Taylor has had 5 albums debut with over 1 million sold in 1 week. 

Taylor is having many of her album's debut with 1 million sold in just a week, she even made history having 6 million albums sold in just 8 weeks.

Edited by DiamondCircus
  • Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block