RIP to the Exhale chat

Honestly, why don't ya'll just make official public discord for exhale. I know it's harder to monetize that kind of platform, but hosting a discord server costs $0 and can strengthen the community around this forum. I know a lot of people who have moved away from forums to discord. Way easier to moderate than website/forum too :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Midnights said:

I mean, disable the user instead of the platform?

Hide contents

It's good to see people taking action but it's a bit weird to disable a whole functionality because of 1 person when mods can easily disable somebody from commenting? I don't see why it won't be possible to disable them from chatting? 

Now all of the Exhalers that liked the chat are being punished for something 1 person did...

Not trying to be mean spirited but legit launching a thought of how to handle such things.

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about whatsoever. It was the only option to make it so these horrible trolls would stop. Mean spirited? Users were literally being threatened and vile comments were being made. 

It’s so nice that you care and have empathy. I also rarely ever seen you in the chat so? 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, CenterofAttention said:

I never used the chat but share in the perspective of how absurd of a reaction it was to remove that function vs some user? I’m so confused at the ineptness. 

Jordan, GlitterRain, whomever, y’all really fail to foster a good, fun, diverse blog. Rather, it is overly-censored as if in preschool, improperly punishing users, and host to such basic posts from owners and mods that should be giving more creativity and insight. 

Literally take a seat. You have no idea whatsoever as to what you’re talking about and I’m actually so embarrassed for you. What a disgusting comment based off the reasoning for turning the chat off. Shame on you. Absurd? The user kept coming back and had 100 different IP’s. There was nothing that could be done for that user so clearly removing the chat was the next best option. Clearly if removing the user and keeping the chat open was an option, it would be done but here we are. 

How rich this is coming from you, a troll within this forum. 

Cry me a river. 

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, Henry. said:

There's drama on this chat literally everyday but I'm here for it

Hx1YSjS.gif

@Rik vs Exhale is undeniably one of the most brilliant individuals on this platform, showcasing both intelligence and an impeccable sense of humor, he's the King of Exhalers' hearts, leave my bestie alone

Hx1YSjS.gif

Leave my sis Joshywhale @Joshyworld alone, she brings entertainment to this site with ha sharp tongue and we love her for it

Hx1YSjS.gif

Where is @Joshyworld? They’ve been  awfully quiet the last couple of days. Are they alright? :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about whatsoever. It was the only option to make it so these horrible trolls would stop. Mean spirited? Users were literally being threatened and vile comments were being made. 

It’s so nice that you care and have empathy. I also rarely ever seen you in the chat so? 

Wow that was super passive aggresive from you. I have used the chat, not that I need to justify myself. I expect more of mods, the way you answered is really toxic.

You also started this topic like we have to applaud you for shutting the chat down. You took action, but there's no reason to announce and share it the way you did. Again, the way you're handeling is very toxic.

I stand with my point that instead of shutting down an entire functionality, you could have banned/disabled the person and if that's not possible, the site has major flaws but since it's possible to prevent people from commenting for a while on exhale, I see no reasons why it wouldn't be possible for the chat function.

I made it very clear that what I am saying is coming from a point of view that this way, innocent people are getting punished for something 1 person did. You had zero reasons to answer the way you did and I dare to say I expect more and appropriate behavior from moderators.

Edited by Midnights
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block