I don't understand the hype around Taylor Swift.

me when i try to be different

1 hour ago, MarcuzXD said:

Like, is it just because the main fans are straight white girls and they outnumber the gays when it comes to fanbases? I know there are gays that like TSwift too but if you see the fans at the concerts it's mostly the white straight girls demograph. Taylor topping the streaming charts with MIDnights and Charli XCX not getting the recognition she deserves for her superior pop album CRASH. I'm not even sure if Britney gave us Blackout 2 it would top Midnights streaming numbers.

Every Taylor song sounds the same, we get it girl you're going through ANOTHER breakup with lyrics that sound like she wrote them when she was 16. Her praised song writing and lyrics treads a fine line to being too on the nose and cringey. If you aren't chronically online reading every detail about Taylor's lore and relationship drama most of her songs don't make any ******* sense. Even the production sounds the same on her songs with how much she works with Jack Antonoff, imagine if Britney only worked with Max Martin? Wouldn't fans become bored as hell? Taylor's songs are just so safe and standard, she doesn't experiment or try to push the boundaries of pop music like Charli XCX and Britney (during her ITZ and Blackout era)

I know I'm dragging Taylor right now but I honestly don't hate her or her fans. I even do like some of her music, unlike her fans I actually like Reputation because the production on that album isn't bland imo. I like some of the more interesting produced tracks on Midnights like Midnight Rain, the only song I feel pulls off the whole 'dreampop' thing she was going for. Her songs are easy listening and they are fine tracks, but I just feel they are so overrated and it's crazy to me to see such basic music dominate streaming charts compared to arguably more interesting music in the pop space. Sorry ya'll, the Midnights era has just gone on for so long and I don't get the hype other than it being a Taylor Swift album...

• Haha 1

Taylor is talented... but also very narcisistic. Her songs ARE always the same, but the lyrics are fun to listen to. She's good at writing, without a doubt, but whay a total **** album like midnights does so well, I have no idea. I liked some of 1989, Reputation, and parts of speaknow. But I think her last 3 have been worse than BJ

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I also don't get the hype over a manipulative artist who uses her break-ups to evoke pity from the GP, and who scams her own fans by releasing the same album over a dozen times and lacks any notable talent other than being able to strum some strings on a guitar. It's one of the biggest mysteries of our time. :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

Her stans are likely just able to relate to her mediocrity, and hope too that someday, they can rise in the ranks of their humdrum lives whilst also only having to serve the absolute basic bare minimum. It’s easier for them to aspire to something that appears to be within reach, as nothing she does is really stand out or exceptional is it?:ehidk_britney_um_eek: I think her intended audience is preadolescent girls and with how sheltered kids are these days are we really surprised they aren’t into more edgy/urban (lol) music? 

I do however think she treats her fans amazingly, I’ve never seen any other pop girly (Britney included but who can blame her) interact and connect with fans on a level Taylor does. That I can give her credit for, and her work ethic. 

Anyway y’all can come for me or not, I’m still not gonna stream her either way :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: not like she needs it lol

Edited by kdub87
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4
  • Like 2

Very different artists there’s no point of comparing them. 

Saying Swift’s lyrics sound like they’re written by a 16 year old is because you’re biased and still think all of her songs are like you belong with me. There’s one thing haters can’t come after, her song writing. Ever since folklore and evermore she has become one of the strongest writer of this generation IMO. One English teacher even said she’s the Shakespeare of today.

And no, her music doesn’t sound all the same. Through out the years she’s given us country, pop, indie, etc. She doesn’t have to prove her versatility to anyone. Her music speaks for itself. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, MarcuzXD said:

I'm not even sure if Britney gave us Blackout 2 it would top Midnights streaming numbers.

It definitely wouldn't, that doesn't need to come as a surprise to you. There's no artist in the world currently who can compete with Taylor's streaming numbers. She's ahead by a huge margin of even the other artists in the top five/ten.

It's definitely not vocals. She's a marketing genius. She's managed to grow the fan base by getting everyone involved with her music. Her songwriting - people love speculating about. And that's what hook's people in. It's like a storyline that's unfolding.  It's like watching a TV show. U can't wait for the next episode.  And yeah, it's catchy. And yeh, it's mostly " all the same". But so are most songs. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, MarcuzXD said:

Like, is it just because the main fans are straight white girls and they outnumber the gays when it comes to fanbases? I know there are gays that like TSwift too but if you see the fans at the concerts it's mostly the white straight girls demograph. Taylor topping the streaming charts with MIDnights and Charli XCX not getting the recognition she deserves for her superior pop album CRASH. I'm not even sure if Britney gave us Blackout 2 it would top Midnights streaming numbers.

Every Taylor song sounds the same, we get it girl you're going through ANOTHER breakup with lyrics that sound like she wrote them when she was 16. Her praised song writing and lyrics treads a fine line to being too on the nose and cringey. If you aren't chronically online reading every detail about Taylor's lore and relationship drama most of her songs don't make any ******* sense. Even the production sounds the same on her songs with how much she works with Jack Antonoff, imagine if Britney only worked with Max Martin? Wouldn't fans become bored as hell? Taylor's songs are just so safe and standard, she doesn't experiment or try to push the boundaries of pop music like Charli XCX and Britney (during her ITZ and Blackout era)

I know I'm dragging Taylor right now but I honestly don't hate her or her fans. I even do like some of her music, unlike her fans I actually like Reputation because the production on that album isn't bland imo. I like some of the more interesting produced tracks on Midnights like Midnight Rain, the only song I feel pulls off the whole 'dreampop' thing she was going for. Her songs are easy listening and they are fine tracks, but I just feel they are so overrated and it's crazy to me to see such basic music dominate streaming charts compared to arguably more interesting music in the pop space. Sorry ya'll, the Midnights era has just gone on for so long and I don't get the hype other than it being a Taylor Swift album...

I also don't get it. I love some of her songs, for example Exile and Out of the Woods... But nothing about her truly stands out. Her voice isn't amazing, she can't dance, she isn't an amazing songwriter, she doesn't play any instrument amazingly. She is pretty average in most ways but she has superstar status.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block