Sweden’s Loreen has won Eurovision 2023

On 5/14/2023 at 1:19 AM, Style. In Moscow said:

It’s such a basic and outdated show overall. My soon to be boyfriend asked me to watch it with him and I was cringing at every song and performance. Italy had arguably the best singing delivery out of all contestants, but Loreen had the English song. The rest were just tragic… :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

Ikr, every years it's more and more awkward. I don't take this show seriously, same about Oscars and Grammy :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Like 1
On 5/14/2023 at 11:36 AM, BUWYGF said:

nope, Finland got over 370 public vote, Sweden got about 230. So Finland won the public vote with over 100 points (which is A LOT). Sweden was pushed hard by jury to make sure they won

I wonder what Sweden would have gotten if the Finnish host didn't ask people to vote tactial this year? Finland was strangely enough the ONLY country not to give Sweden ANY votes. ;) 

22 hours ago, Marlean said:

I wonder what Sweden would have gotten if the Finnish host didn't ask people to vote tactial this year? Finland was strangely enough the ONLY country not to give Sweden ANY votes. ;) 

They would have gotten max 12 points more and still lost in the public votes :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Next year is 50 years since ABBA won Eurovision, and people think that's why the judges picked Sweden given the history and what happened 50 years ago when an unknown ABBA won Eurovision and a few years later began the world domination to become the best selling Swedish act of all time..

Only one in the 400 million range. 

Roxette has 70 Million and Ace of Base has 50 million,  while ABBA had the world, the other two biggest acts had the US success that ABBA had a hard time achieving due to American love of their own disco acts kinda shut out the Swedish group in the 70s. 

It was political for obvious reasons. Why have a fan vote, when the fans are only gonna end up disappointed each time by the final outcome. 

What is all this Loreen hate..... Are you all literally tasteless deaf and dumb??

This girl literally sings like an Angel. Is gorgeous. Performs. Visuals. The song is also amazing and perfect for Eurovision.

Are we actually trashing this song and lyrics while claiming "Cha cha cha" should have won ......

• Love 1

No one else had a chance. Loren and her song were clearly pushed for the win from the get go. They glorified her for winning 12 years ago too. 

Also, I don’t think contestants that have already won in the past should be eligible to compete at all. 

Edited by Aleksa
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 4:45 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

Next year is 50 years since ABBA won Eurovision, and people think that's why the judges picked Sweden given the history and what happened 50 years ago when an unknown ABBA won Eurovision and a few years later began the world domination to become the best selling Swedish act of all time..

Only one in the 400 million range. 

Roxette has 70 Million and Ace of Base has 50 million,  while ABBA had the world, the other two biggest acts had the US success that ABBA had a hard time achieving due to American love of their own disco acts kinda shut out the Swedish group in the 70s. 

It was political for obvious reasons. Why have a fan vote, when the fans are only gonna end up disappointed each time by the final outcome. 

Still if you look at Spotify downloads, Finland was only third last time I checked. Loreen wins there by miles. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block