Sweden’s Loreen has won Eurovision 2023

• Super Mods

Absolutely outrageous, the public is legit pissed.

The jury, for some reason, keeps pushing Sweden every year, no matter if their song is good or bad. 

This year, Finland won the public vote with over 100 points more than Sweden, but Sweden won because, AS USUAL, jury pushed it hard af. People wanted Finland to win.

I think the 50-50 system is not working anymore. The jury has too much power in this and the public rarely gets their way. They are probably changing it to 30% jury, 70% public. I heard Finland wants to reduce it to 25% jury even, and I hope they do.

Loreen is talented, but this was not a winning song at all, and not who the European public wanted to win. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3

It’s such a basic and outdated show overall. My soon to be boyfriend asked me to watch it with him and I was cringing at every song and performance. Italy had arguably the best singing delivery out of all contestants, but Loreen had the English song. The rest were just tragic… :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

Edited by Style. In Moscow
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

The jury, for some reason, keeps pushing Sweden every year, no matter if their song is good or bad. 

This year, Finland won the public vote with over 100 points more than Sweden, but Sweden won because, AS USUAL, jury pushed it hard af. People wanted Finland to win.

I think the 50-50 system is not working anymore. The jury has too much power in this and the public rarely gets their way. They are probably changing it to 30% jury, 70% public. I heard Finland wants to reduce it to 25% jury even, and I hope they do.

Loreen is talented, but this was not a winning song at all, and not who the European public wanted to win. 

The jury really shipped Sweden but the public wanted Finland. I think it should be all public votes, 0 juryvotes.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Loreen won the jury and public vote though, and the votes have been relatively consistent with each other.

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Loreen won the jury and public vote though, and the votes have been relatively consistent with each other.

nope, Finland got over 370 public vote, Sweden got about 230. So Finland won the public vote with over 100 points (which is A LOT). Sweden was pushed hard by jury to make sure they won

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, Isla said:

Tbf her song was good. Finland were great as well even though I was a bit weirded out by their performance at first. I’m just disappointed the UK did so badly. Especially after how we well did last year AND we hosted this year :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

she really failed live miserably :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

10 hours ago, Style. In Moscow said:

It’s such a basic and outdated show overall. My soon to be boyfriend asked me to watch it with him and I was cringing at every song and performance. Italy had arguably the best singing delivery out of all contestants, but Loreen had the English song. The rest were just tragic… :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

E hai că Republica Moldova n-a fost așa tragică, merita să câștige #Eurovision_Chișinău2024

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

I was rooting so hard for Israel and Finland. Both songs were very strong and shipped by the public. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

But when they announced Sweden votes, me and my friends screamed at the TV because it was so unfair and clearly a setup. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

It didn’t mind if Loreen got the second or third place, it was alright… but winning the competition AGAIN? That’s ****ed up. :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block