'Criminal' was a horrible choice for single. Why did we vote for this? Let's discuss. We know Drop Dead Beautiful should have been the single instead....

It's the truth!

We all love the song and video but it shouldn't have been an official album single 

Yes I recognize it's a Gen Z approved successful anthem, but still we had an epic dance track like DDB that would have slayed charts and radio.

I think we went wrong choosing Criminal..this was back when Britney let fans choose album singles! 

Discuss ...

Did you want DDB as a single?

Dance Dancing GIF by Piñata Farms: The Meme App

• Love 2
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rojo said:

The only bad choice was Hold It Against Me as the lead instead of Inside Out. Criminal is successful. 

I really dislike Hold It Against Me, but its obviously a good first single choice. Inside Out should have been the 3rd or 4th single.

1. Hold It Against Me
2. Till The World Ends
3. Inside Out
4. How I Roll
5. He About To Lose Me
6. Up n Down / or Seal It With A Kiss

• Love 3
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, fays1 said:

I really dislike Hold It Against Me, but its obviously a good first single choice. Inside Out should have been the 3rd or 4th single.

1. Hold It Against Me
2. Till The World Ends
3. Inside Out
4. How I Roll
5. He About To Lose Me
6. Up n Down / or Seal It With A Kiss

Noooo:tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:I love I wanna go and Criminal, they stay!

1. Beautiful (Drop Dead)/Trouble For Me

2. Up n Down

3. I Wanna Go

4. Criminal

5. He About to Lose Me

• Love 2

Era should have been like this

Lead single Till The World Ends feat. KeSha & Nicki Minaj

Second single I Wanna Go

For the rest i don't know, imo the album didn't have any more hits, i can't picture any of the other songs becoming hits 

maybe moderate hits but not HUGE smash... 

Edited by Cyberia
  • Like 2

Any up tempo song would've done better. 

The GP loves up tempo Britney. With the exception of Everytime, all her midtempo songs and ballads have performed worse than her up-tempo songs. 

So yes, DDB would have performed better. Same for Up & Down and even Big Fat Bass (which I don't like at all)

Inside Out could've gone either way. The lyrics and throwbacks to BOMT & Crazy could've made it a hit. But it could also have been too midtempo for it to become a hit. 

• Love 3

I wanted inside out. It kept up with the sound of the overall album and it would’ve been a bigger hit than criminal. HIAM was a solid lead single given the wave of dubstep influenced music that followed. The video for Criminal was cute, and we all know, it could’ve been better. It could’ve been a sixth single let’s be honest. Would’ve been a cute segway to Pretty Girls.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I was literally gobsmacked that this fan base chose and still chooses that mess of a song lol

it do have a cute video. :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

I didn’t care all that much for DDB though, I’d certainly pick it over Criminal. I was team Inside Out BUT iirc I was really always  ACTUALLY popping my ***** to Trouble For Me

Edited by thegrove
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block