Ariana Grande comments on the body shaming attacks

She does look a bit unhealthy and aged? Of course she’s not going to look like she did 10 or 5 years ago. People think that money can solve everything. I mean I feel like if I was rich I would look great not like I’m on the verge of death because you have an Unlimited flow to repair yourself. But all the stars today look a bit off? Justin Selena Miley Demi. Demi’s body has enlarged? And some of the promo pics Miley has used like the headshots I don’t know why some of those were chosen. Her face is like sunken? Ariana’s now is similarly I guess I can use the same phrase, sunken or hollow like a grave? Guess it’s the social media pressure and stress. Who is this woman that is always around her now. Hmm

1 hour ago, Aymama said:

No one is calling her fat people are calling her anorexic and that’s what’s she’s addressing. Just like she said the weight she was at around 2015/2016 was her supposedly at her worst yet she looked healthier then. So who knows. I do find the way she’s talking stranger than her weight. That girl has so many speaking voices lol 

Yeah her voice has changed again ddd

2 hours ago, Aymama said:

No one is calling her fat people are calling her anorexic and that’s what’s she’s addressing. Just like she said the weight she was at around 2015/2016 was her supposedly at her worst yet she looked healthier then. So who knows. I do find the way she’s talking stranger than her weight. That girl has so many speaking voices lol 

lol (In a deep Gay voice) "Good Morning America, I'm Britney Spears. #DaddyInCastro".

Britney- "Daddy, why are we hanging out with Castro?! He is bad!"

Colon: "Britney Jean you better get your tail on stage! Stop asking questions!"

Britney- "Bruh, where the f uck did you even come from?"

11 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I'm reading the comments in this thread and I think most people still don't get her message... In general, just don't talk about people's bodies. Especially when they're not doing OK.

Of course we all have opinions, whether we're asked about them or not, but we don't need to voice them all. For example, genetically I am a skinny person, yet most people see me and almost the second comment (meaning after freaking "hi") is something related to how I look, and sometimes they even question my health. Like, in my face. In public. And there I am, welcoming people with a smile because I'm happy to see them yet then suddenly wanting to punch them in the face and leave the f4ck out because they unprompted gave a rather intimate opinion about me, and in front of everybody. That's rude and uncalled for. It's also superficial. Literally. I'm actually doing pretty good, but you won't get to know that if you f4ck it up like that two seconds into the conversation, and I'm definitely not interested in you and your life anymore if you disrespect me like that. I've gotten that kind of comments from both men and women, no matter the age. And even if I or anybody has a health problem, do you really think you're the first to know and that's why you need to tell everybody? Most people have a mirror. And Ariana definitely has a support system. And if she doesn't, I don't think she needs to read a bazillion comments online to realize there's something wrong with her. This is a global phenomenon of these times. I think that's Ari's point.

i agree with u. i have been hearing "r u ok" "r u ill" kind of questions from women at work, from doctors -"u need to gain weight". i am like yes my weight is  little less than normal but i feel ok in this body. people talk about fatshaming all the time. like no way u can say to some1 eat less but then it comes to skinny people it's like "gain weight, u look unhealthy". wtf. it is straight  bullying. and Ariana is in that showbiz which is completely fd up and people always talk about celebs having ideal body. but if she feels ok with it then it is not anybodies bussiness. she is grown woman and she has a husband and relatives to care about her if she really has problems. people on the internet talking about it is not helping. they just hating and spreading that negativity all over the place. 

Edited by icybaby
  • Like 1

This kinda made me sad tbh, because over the past few weeks, it feels as if social media platforms such as Tiktok have taken the place of tabloids, except its multiplied tenfold, and its stuff that is sticking...

Between the conspiracy theories that Britney isn't free and is dead because her teeth don't look like they did when she was 20, Taylor Swifts relationship, and now this. It feels as if there's been a huge regression in how we view women in media and treatment. 

Ariana went through a huge traumatic experience when she was at what has been deemed as healthy, Britney being compared to her conservatorship years removes her traumatic experiences, Taylor being degraded back to "person who writes about exes" feels like a huge step back and the amount of content being generated feels outrageous.

We should do better.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

...if it's your family or closed friends.

But people nowadays give opinions about everyone and everything.

Welcome to the age of the internet sweetheart. It’s 2023. This is how the world works. Nice fluff pieces like you and others are a sweet idealistic read of a perfect utopia of how people should act, but that’s not how the world works or the internet. That’s the reality. People need to get used to it or make all their socials private and not give anyone an opportunity to comment on their content if they cannot tolerate the cold hard reality to how [some] people behave online. 

Not saying the actions of many are right nor okay but your words fall on deaf ears and it’s really not worth the energy or time to expend trying to virtue signal online. It just isn’t. You’ll never win. Ever. 

But good on you. 

To me, she looks very under weight and unhealthy. And I don’t mean that in a malicious way. I’m sure many have the same thought. Oh look, I voiced my opinion… well… that’s how it goes! And it comes from a place of concern. I get it that there are many though who voice opinions from a mean / bullying lens though. She’s so wealthy though; she probably has a nutritionist and medical / fitness team behind her who ensure she is healthy (I would assume) so honestly don’t even know why people are all that worried… there’s people in countries who can’t afford to eat or have no access to a viable healthy food source and are dying from starvation— gosh we in the Western world sure do pick our priorities to focus our attention on so well… 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Love 2

Well sorry but she looks like Nicole Richie when she was anorexic.

We'll see when she performs if she still has the power to do so, her body doesn't give me that.

And we've heard these stories again and again. Let me be me, I'm good etc. In the end most of these women came out being anorexic or with whatever kind of mental health issues that got them to that point losing or gaining that much weight.

Fans want to know what's going on, I can understand that. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 4/12/2023 at 12:43 PM, x.rox said:

Welcome to the age of the internet sweetheart. It’s 2023. This is how the world works. Nice fluff pieces like you and others are a sweet idealistic read of a perfect utopia of how people should act, but that’s not how the world works or the internet. That’s the reality. People need to get used to it or make all their socials private and not give anyone an opportunity to comment on their content if they cannot tolerate the cold hard reality to how [some] people behave online. 

Not saying the actions of many are right nor okay but your words fall on deaf ears and it’s really not worth the energy or time to expend trying to virtue signal online. It just isn’t. You’ll never win. Ever. 

But good on you. 

To me, she looks very under weight and unhealthy. And I don’t mean that in a malicious way. I’m sure many have the same thought. Oh look, I voiced my opinion… well… that’s how it goes! And it comes from a place of concern. I get it that there are many though who voice opinions from a mean / bullying lens though. She’s so wealthy though; she probably has a nutritionist and medical / fitness team behind her who ensure she is healthy (I would assume) so honestly don’t even know why people are all that worried… there’s people in countries who can’t afford to eat or have no access to a viable healthy food source and are dying from starvation— gosh we in the Western world sure do pick our priorities to focus our attention on so well… 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

"That's how the world works"? How do you think slavery and other atrocities ended in (most parts of) the world? Because some people wanted to change that. But OK, keep normalizing it, it's clearly a choice.

• Love 1
On 4/12/2023 at 12:08 AM, Jordan Miller said:

I'm glad she said something and is being vulnerable here.

"Healthy can look different." 

Thoughts, Exhale? 

Nobody is body-shaming her. People aren't making fun of her size. She clearly has an eating disorder. It's obvious that she is starving herself and is not at all being a healthy version of herself, mentally or physically. This post reminds me a lot of the way Eugenia Cooney interacts with her fans. People are worried about her, not making fun of her. Pretending this is healthy is enabling her.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block