Ariana Grande comments on the body shaming attacks

Wait who called her fat? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: The only "body shaming"-esque comments that I've ever seen about her were people saying that she was way too skinny, which (imo) is true. Her bones stick out and she doesn't look healthy. That's not body shaming, it's just pointing out that her body is extremely thin.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

No one is calling her fat people are calling her anorexic and that’s what’s she’s addressing. Just like she said the weight she was at around 2015/2016 was her supposedly at her worst yet she looked healthier then. So who knows. I do find the way she’s talking stranger than her weight. That girl has so many speaking voices lol 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Abdul said:

She looks literally like skeleton why are people calling her fat I don’t get it :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

2 hours ago, UnderHisSpell said:

Are we back to 2000s? Calling skinny person fat really?

People aren’t calling her fat, but that to them she looks too skinny. I’ve read a lot of comments about how she looked a few years ago to now. 
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I personally think the mixture of yes, some weight loss and her bleaching her brows and hair add to her “sick” look. Her brows sometimes make it look like she doesn’t have any. 
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Im glad she’s healthy and doing well. Sucks she felt she needed to address this but I have seen A LOT of comments of concern/criticism. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

• Love 4

I'm reading the comments in this thread and I think most people still don't get her message... In general, just don't talk about people's bodies. Especially when they're not doing OK.

Of course we all have opinions, whether we're asked about them or not, but we don't need to voice them all. For example, genetically I am a skinny person, yet most people see me and almost the second comment (meaning after freaking "hi") is something related to how I look, and sometimes they even question my health. Like, in my face. In public. And there I am, welcoming people with a smile because I'm happy to see them yet then suddenly wanting to punch them in the face and leave the f4ck out because they unprompted gave a rather intimate opinion about me, and in front of everybody. That's rude and uncalled for. It's also superficial. Literally. I'm actually doing pretty good, but you won't get to know that if you f4ck it up like that two seconds into the conversation, and I'm definitely not interested in you and your life anymore if you disrespect me like that. I've gotten that kind of comments from both men and women, no matter the age. And even if I or anybody has a health problem, do you really think you're the first to know and that's why you need to tell everybody? Most people have a mirror. And Ariana definitely has a support system. And if she doesn't, I don't think she needs to read a bazillion comments online to realize there's something wrong with her. This is a global phenomenon of these times. I think that's Ari's point.

Having said that... This is a forum about celebrities. I think this should be a safe place to discuss any kind of issue relating to them. It's better than doing it on social media, where everybody (the GP) can read as well without having all the details or seeing the whole picture just because they don't know because they aren't fans. We should always measure our words, but if we cannot enjoy and sometimes even worry about our faves here or any other forum, then what's the point? Those who disrespect other people, whether celebrities or not, usually do it in public (online or in front of other people) simply because they need the attention and need to let out their personal frustration. None of them really want to help.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I'm reading the comments in this thread and I think most people still don't get her message... In general, just don't talk about people's bodies. Especially when they're not doing OK.

Of course we all have opinions, whether we're asked about them or not, but we don't need to voice them all. For example, genetically I am a skinny person, yet most people see me and almost the second comment (meaning after freaking "hi") is something related to how I look, and sometimes they even question my health. Like, in my face. In public. And there I am, welcoming people with a smile because I'm happy to see them yet then suddenly wanting to punch them in the face and leave the f4ck out because they unprompted gave a rather intimate opinion about me, and in front of everybody. That's rude and uncalled for. It's also superficial. Literally. I'm actually doing pretty good, but you won't get to know that if you f4ck it up like that two seconds into the conversation, and I'm definitely not interested in you and your life anymore if you disrespect me like that. I've gotten that kind of comments from both men and women, no matter the age. And even if I or anybody has a health problem, do you really think you're the first to know and that's why you need to tell everybody? Most people have a mirror. And Ariana definitely has a support system. And if she doesn't, I don't think she needs to read a bazillion comments online to realize there's something wrong with her. This is a global phenomenon of these times. I think that's Ari's point.

Having said that... This is a forum about celebrities. I think this should be a safe place to discuss any kind of issue relating to them. It's better than doing it on social media, where everybody (the GP) can read as well without having all the details or seeing the whole picture just because they don't know because they aren't fans. We should always measure our words, but if we cannot enjoy and sometimes even worry about our faves here or any other forum, then what's the point? Those who disrespect other people, whether celebrities or not, usually do it in public (online or in front of other people) simply because they need the attention and need to let out their personal frustration. None of them really want to help.

I think it depends how you look at it too. By not saying something, sometimes you are sending the wrong msg. I think the msgs should have a good intention and come across that way too. If you see something, say something. Sometimes its worse to sit back and say/do nothing. 

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AII said:

I think it depends how you look at it too. By not saying something, sometimes you are sending the wrong msg. I think the msgs should have a good intention and come across that way too. If you see something, say something. Sometimes its worse to sit back and say/do nothing. 

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

...if it's your family or closed friends.

But people nowadays give opinions about everyone and everything.

35 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:
I was going to point this out too! Her voice sound deeper with a sassy accent, not too long ago. I wonder if this lighter breathier voice is a result of playing Galinda (Austin Butler as Elvis)

I’m sure it is, that’s the first thing I thought. But even the demeanor and personality feels different with each one. :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Edited by Aymama
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block