What are your best ways to save money monthly?

I have investment accounts set up to where money is automatically taken from my paychecks and i just never look at those accounts so I don’t feel tempted to touch that money. 

I guess this isn’t necessarily saving money but more so making a lil extra. I take my recycling into a center for money. I’ve been taking it in since I was a kid, so it’s second nature for me. I usually get enough to fill my gas tank. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, BAcanMOVEAnyMOuNTaiN8 said:

my best money saving way is to buy cheaper shampoo than most do , im always amazed how the ordinary shampoo what most buy is sometimes over 3 times more expensive than mine, mine is less than 2 euros a litre. and guess what it is awesome. annd it is of chocolate scent too ahahah

Buy larger packages on sale, also ingredients such as rice, pasta and similar things, so that there is something to cook with more than once. So try to reduce your tariff by negotiating discounts with the mobile operator. Cancel Netflix and find something cheaper.

Nuce thread!!! I’d say buy cheaper in bulk, make a sustainable meal prep good for a week, cheap but healthy.

If you have money and you want to buy something, use it as a capital instead for business and those profits will make you buy whatever you want. Do not rely on your job alone. Always have side hustles.

Half of my paycheck goes automatically to time deposit savings, some for insurance and the rest are for the bills. The side hustles are financing whatever I want.

• Love 2
On 2/28/2023 at 9:00 AM, MikeHunt said:

I have investment accounts set up to where money is automatically taken from my paychecks and i just never look at those accounts so I don’t feel tempted to touch that money. 

I guess this isn’t necessarily saving money but more so making a lil extra. I take my recycling into a center for money. I’ve been taking it in since I was a kid, so it’s second nature for me. I usually get enough to fill my gas tank. 

What recycling center? I know you’re in the OC too and I’ve been just giving the city my recyclables for free on trash pick-up :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Haha 2

Automated savings. Like @MikeHunt does with his investments (I also so this) if you don’t want to invest then still automate your savings. Most banks will allow you to specify a percentage or fixed amount to be taken from your checking to savings account when you make deposits/whenever you want. I always tell people it’s like an extra bill or tax where you’re the recipient. It only works if you have self-control though. I always suggest start SMALL. Most people fail because they think it’s possible to save 40% of their checks and then when the transfer to their savings is made they transfer it back to their checking account. I think even starting with 1% and going incrementally higher as months go by will make you realize how easy it is to set aside some extra cash 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

What recycling center? I know you’re in the OC too and I’ve been just giving the city my recyclables for free on trash pick-up :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Yeah girl there’s a lot of small recycling places around that will pay out for aluminum or plastic. I started taking my recycling to OC Recycling in Santa Ana. They give the most $$. And they take all kinds of other material to recycle cans, plastic, glass, metals, electronics. If u go be sure to print out their recycling coupons-gets you even more money. :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BAcanMOVEAnyMOuNTaiN8 said:

i trussst your experience here . please give me the reliable links on topic?

Just search for “affordable clean hair products/brands” and you can find pretty much whatever you’re looking for! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

it should have no parabens or sulfates 

Edited by Aymama
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block