What was your reaction to Slave 4 U?

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, notbritneyspears said:

initially, it received lukewarm reception from me. like I wouldnt skip it but I was never excited about it. I also didnt like the VMA performance all that much.

only a few years later when I realized just how amazing this song was.  I don't think ive seen the VMA performancrle more than twice but watching it now it was truly iconic.

:clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

I remember watching the vma performance first, and it was so unexpected. I expected another bubblegum pop song from Max Martin, but it was a whole different vibe, I thought it was so fresh. The beat was so catchy, her dance was super upgraded, she was so ****, the snake was shocking. 

And back then, it wasn't exactly straight available online, so I searched for sites if they had even a lq clip of the song, but with limited phone-dial internet and literal bytes of data being transferred, I couldn't find it. So I had to wait about more than a week to get the album, and I loved listening to the crystal clear version of the song. I played it on repeat and analyzed the instruments, the vocals, the harmonies etc. It was extremely new and fresh, and I think it really did change her image. 

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Eternalhouse said:

I remember watching the vma performance first, and it was so unexpected. I expected another bubblegum pop song from Max Martin, but it was a whole different vibe, I thought it was so fresh. The beat was so catchy, her dance was super upgraded, she was so ****, the snake was shocking. 

And back then, it wasn't exactly straight available online, so I searched for sites if they had even a lq clip of the song, but with limited phone-dial internet and literal bytes of data being transferred, I couldn't find it. So I had to wait about more than a week to get the album, and I loved listening to the crystal clear version of the song. I played it on repeat and analyzed the instruments, the vocals, the harmonies etc. It was extremely new and fresh, and I think it really did change her image. 

thank you for your comment 🤍

• Love 1

It was weird cause i really liked the performance because of the choreography and the whole visuals but did not like the song that much cause it was sooo different to the bubblegum pop i was used to from her. Of course it grew and grew on me tand its top 3 for me now so hahah.

but what i wanted to add is that at that time since im from argentina i already knew shakira  for years when she only did songs in spanish and i really thought of a marketing thing between britney and shakira like an ok ***** what exactly are u trying to became? Cause shakira dyied her hair blond when she started doing songs in english, and britney came out with slave doing a belly dance which i dont thought was just a coincidence. 

i thought britneys team knew something big was going tk happen that year with the bellydance and wanted to use it fast and be part of it in some way and take position.

maybe i was reaching but i really thiught that lol

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block