Does “Glory” have a theme or is it just a collection of songs?

2 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

You sure it wasn’t The Weeknd :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:?

but in all seriousness, I think the "theme" if you're trying to find one is just love / relationships from all its different perspectives and facets 

There's the stage of knowing each other, falling in love, the desire, the teasing, the yearning, the naughty time, but there's also heartbreak and cheating, even the uptempo songs like Clumsy or If I'm Dancing are still about a relationship one way or another :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Slayo said:

Britney’s albums don’t have a theme, you are stretching words

In The Zone definitely has a s.x theme. Breathe On Me, Touch Of My Hand, Don't Hang Up, ... it's basically her "Erotica" album. The Onyx hotel also introduced raunchy themes.

Circus also clearly is themed after ... a Circus. Even the tour was entirely themed after a Circus. 

Femme Fatale is themed after independant women, s.xual and seducing men. Even the whole tour was themed after her as a seductive, steong independant woman.

To say her albums are all unthemed basically says you don't understand her work...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Midnights said:

In The Zone definitely has a s.x theme. Breathe On Me, Touch Of My Hand, Don't Hang Up, ... it's basically her "Erotica" album. The Onyx hotel also introduced raunchy themes.

Circus also clearly is themed after ... a Circus. Even the tour was entirely themed after a Circus. 

Femme Fatale is themed after independant women, s.xual and seducing men. Even the whole tour was themed after her as a seductive, steong independant woman.

To say her albums are all unthemed basically says you don't understand her work...

I agree with ITZ

Circus theme it’s not a circus lmao, none of the other songs besides circus are about a circus

Femme Fatale has a concept on tour, not on the album 

14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

but in all seriousness, I think the "theme" if you're trying to find one is just love / relationships from all its different perspectives and facets 

There's the stage of knowing each other, falling in love, the desire, the teasing, the yearning, the naughty time, but there's also heartbreak and cheating, even the uptempo songs like Clumsy or If I'm Dancing are still about a relationship one way or another :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

I agree with your take. All the songs allude to some form of love in a different stage of a relationship. It’s almost like each song is a personal letter to someone. 

This is my invitation I hope it sets us free

4 minutes ago, Slayo said:

I agree with ITZ

Circus theme it’s not a circus lmao, none of the other songs besides circus are about a circus

Femme Fatale has a concept on tour, not on the album 

The theme of circus is her life is a circus and she’s leading it. 

Femme Fatale is a seduce you on the dance floor album - hold it against me, till the world ends, I wanna go, inside out… the songs lyrically speak about a strong woman wanting her partner to make love to her right now

15 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

True but I thought the question was if the albums had a theme.

:bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

You're right :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Although one could consider an album being cohesive as an album having a theme I guess. 

But it depends on what you mean by "theme". 

If you're talking about lyrics, I agree with you :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block