Do you think Britney could've had Beyoncé longevity if it wasn't for the conservatorship ?

I think Britney is way bigger than Beyoncé! Even if she didn’t release another single Britney’s impact will go in the history books. Long after she’s passed she will be on the same status as (Elvis and Marilyn…) 

If she hadn’t of been put in the conservatorship. I think she’d of had even bigger success as she’d of been more passionate. I’m sure one day she will be ready again to pick up where she left of and release new music :) 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

this!

I think it was 2001/2002 when she already wanted to have a family and be free from Britney Spears thing.

she said something like “music/art isn’t the main thing in my life. It will end I want to have a big family end give my whole self to them”

it was kind of shock to be to hear that from such an young person.. I mean she was a child lol and she was already tired of the whole thing. In Britney era she started talking about bad sides of being famous really sad kind of way..

Exactly! She had/has a lot of love to give and I find that absolutely adorable :enigma_alien_blue:

Also, I wonder what could have happened if even 1 guy she was in a relationship with, in the early '00s, wasn't a douche 2021-L7-CK2-30781650-6-01-1.jpg?sw=1152&

towards her :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

it depends. if she was given access to her social media (all branding stripped from her), then no. definitely not.

even without that, i still doubt it. no "pop" singer still has hits after this long. either they become an album artist or a single artist. and she doesnt have the strongest voice. 

This is actually something I think about a lot. What would have Britney’s life/career looked like had it not been intervened in 2008? It’s hard to say. She clearly did not care about any promotion with Blackout and seemed forced by contractual obligations with the VMAs. I think her career would play out like it is now: she’s clearly working on stuff here and there but if it’s for a bigger project is up for debate and clearly not a big priority.

Honestly , I completely understand why apart from controversy and the 2007 breakdown and conservatorship Britney didn't have longevity like  her team were constantly pushing her in the public eye and didn’t give her time to breathe within the years of 1999/2000/2001 she released back to back albums like that is exhausting for an artist and they are not going to progress artistically and she was obviously not going to be as hungry as an artist and want to do well  , when she’s constantly in the spotlight which would contribute to the public hate train what her team should have done was allow her to take breaks like 3 year breaks in between her albums , and not tour as extensively like if Beyoncé kept working back to back all the time the public would lose interest same goes for every artist tbh

On 2/13/2023 at 5:21 PM, Quincy G said:

Beyoncé actually loves what she does, that’s the difference between her and most entertainers.

Why wouldn’t she loves what she does? She makes millions and millions a year with her music and performances, without getting an ounce of backlash or public scrutiny that people like Britney have gotten. The paparazzi never targeted her and for the most past, she’s been able to keep her private life private.

Meanwhile, Britney had a target on her back and the paparazzi and media were relentless with her. She lost her privacy and then with the conservatorship, lost her passion, her autonomy, and her human rights. I wonder how Beyonce would’ve handled all of that and if she’d still love what she does. 

7 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Why wouldn’t she loves what she does? She makes millions and millions a year with her music and performances, without getting an ounce of backlash or public scrutiny that people like Britney have gotten. The paparazzi never targeted her and for the most past, she’s been able to keep her private life private.

Meanwhile, Britney had a target on her back and the paparazzi and media were relentless with her. She lost her privacy and then with the conservatorship, lost her passion, her autonomy, and her human rights. I wonder how Beyonce would’ve handled all of that and if she’d still love what she does. 

Agreed and also to add think that Beyoncé was determined to get where she is and looked at Michael Jackson’s and Britney’s journey and purposefully did the opposite as much as possible 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block