Thoughts on Britney's acting skills?

Based on crossroads: She's fine, she delivers her lines without being outshined by her co-actors (who all had amazing acting career before and/or after crossroads). However, she lacks emotional delivery, even the scenes where she's supposed to be crying doesn't deliver the hurt that the character is going through. I think she could have been good even great actress if she practiced this skill. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Based on her sitcom/comedy show appearances: She has amazing comedic timing and I would love to see more of it :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

• Like 1

As many things with her, it could have been soemthing but I honestly never thought she was amazing. She was so charming in SNL, but charming and good acting are two different things. By the time she was on the HIMYM...nah. I have always felt she was a bit over the top. In cRossroads it is noticeable it is not a raw talent. After being medicated it was just awkward. She transpired nervousness

Edited by Bigno
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, G-unit said:

She was phenomenal on W&G.  HIMYM was ok, but she didn’t have a lot of screen time.  And I don’t care what anyone says, she was awesome in Crossroads.  Jane the Virgin and Glee were super cringe, but she was playing “herself” rather than a character 

I remember being so disappointed with her Glee appearance when it aired, not because she wasn't good, but because I loved the show at the time and her appearance had been hyped for months and then....she was barely in it.

I think because they only had her on set for one day they were limited to the amount that they could do with her, but I'm sure they could have done more. I just couldn't believe that they had Britney Spears filming for the show and they chose to go with this super lame concept of her appearing for literally two seconds in the characters dreams that they all had while visiting the dentist :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: Like wtf. They could have written something so much better for her.

• Love 1

I love her on SNL, W&G and HIMYM and she's an incredible comedic actress

I think she showed A LOT OF POTENTIAL in Crossroads as a dramatic actress, but she wasn't already there, but I think she deserved more chances to show herself off; I actually think that she delivered the best dramatic scene in that movie between Zoe and Taryn - it's just that Zoe and Taryn were more consistent throughout the whole movie

Acting also involves charisma and she has lots of it already

Edited by Applejack
  • Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block