Steve Lunt, Jive Records A&R, debunking the Baby voice conspiracy theory “she came to us with that voice”

Steve Lunt, who was once the head A&R guy for Jive/Zomba records, is the latest guest on Steve Rodriguez’s The Original Doll podcast. He recently debunked the long standing fan conspiracy theory that Britney was forced to sing in a “baby voice.” He said, “that’s just the way she sings, she came to us with that voice.” 

He worked on every Britney project from 1998-2005 (BOMT to Chaotic EP). 

1200x600wp.png
PODCASTS.APPLE.COM

‎Show The Original Doll with James Rodriguez, Ep Baby Voice - Britney Spears - A&R Steve Lunt - Jan 27...

Personally, I’ve always said that Britney has always sung in a unique tone and she is a multi range singer. No she’s not Mariah or Whitney or Celine but she still has a beautiful voice.

What are your thoughts on this? 🤔

• Love 6
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

I don't know if I'm buying that, everything we've ever seen of Britney singing before she got her record deal was in her natural voice.,

MMC

Star Search

Home Videos

In her early recordings that didn't make her debut album i.e. Love The Hurt Away

Britney was known for having a more mature deep voice.

Yeah, I don’t think this guy is being completely honest here 

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

While it's certainly NOT her natural voice, I do think it's possible that she herself came up with that "baby" voice...like it started developing in BOMT era and shaped fully in OIDIA era.

Yeah, but this guy is saying she came to them with that voice, which is not entirely true. I do think record execs had some major influence over her sound for sure. 

• Love 2
Just now, 2K16NEY said:

So what? She evolved very quickly from 98 to 00. I’m sure Britney enjoyed playing around with her voice.

Except, that's not what he said? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

He said that Britney came to them with that baby voice which we all know it's BS, There are literally demos from that 97/98 where Britney still had her real voice, plus, like I said the baby voice wasn't even a thing during BOMT (the album) or at least not as present as her following albums! 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Exhaolic said:

"that’s just the way she sings"

Her "baby voice" started around the Oops/Britney era tho, so...

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

Her voice at 2:23 doesn’t sound like it’s coming from a natural place. It’s like she’s trying to sing like Whitney. Her old singing technique reminds me so much of Jessica.

Edited by Pfefferminz

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block