Would you guys be down to pitch in and make an Original Doll LP bootleg?

rik

4 hours ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

I have the lizzy grant bootleg! I’m wondering how the Lana fans have done this for years at this point? It has to be so expensive like at least 3 K to press 150 copies 

I feel like they would do a larger pressing, probably somewhere closer to 1000. It gets cheaper per unit the more you press. For example, my store had like 5 pressings of Miley’s Dead Petz up on the shelf, so it wouldn’t make sense for a random Canadian vinyl store to have 5 copies of a 150 pressing in stock. 

I’m also assuming there’s an underground bootleg pressing house that issues these. Someone that can press large batches in-house and who has distribution connections to brick-and-mortar vinyl stores across North America. 

I’ve bought many bootlegs over the years and it’s obvious that many of them are from the same pressing house. They have glossy printed inner-sleeves and the photoshop jobs have a very signature look to them (they’ll have a Rolling Stone or Billboard article from the era printed on the inner sleeve). So based on that, I can conclude that my copies of Lana’s “Unreleased”/“Lizzie Grant” Rihanna “Anti”/“Loud”, Miley’s “Bangerz”, were all done at the same pressing house. They look professional and sound mastered and flawless. And then my copies of Lana’s “Love+Sadness”, Miley’s “Dead Petz” and Iggy’s “The New Classic” don’t have that signature glossy printed inner sleeve and just look like they’re from different pressing houses. Also they sound like bootlegs. They obviously weren’t mastered, and just used low quality mp3 files. 

So basically, if you’re up for a challenge you could sleuth out a pressing house who does these high-quality underground bootlegs professionally and then pitch a Britney bootleg to them. They will probably do it if they think it’ll be profitable. And with how much the Britney Urban Outfitters pressings go for on re-sale, it’ll probably be an easy pitch! 

Another option is, you could take on all the work yourself, or with a small circle of fellow fans. You’d need to fund a small-batch pressing out of pocket (crowd-funding could get messy…) and then figure out how to sell them after the fact. Bootleg pressings regularly go for like 100-120$ on Etsy, so you have the potential to recoup your investment. But it’s definitely a risk! 

Alternatively, you could just get a single custom LP pressed for yourself and have that as a special piece in your collection, knowing it’s unique and essentially your very own mixtape on vinyl. There are many services that offer that. 

1 hour ago, SpookyFish13 said:

I feel like they would do a larger pressing, probably somewhere closer to 1000. It gets cheaper per unit the more you press. For example, my store had like 5 pressings of Miley’s Dead Petz up on the shelf, so it wouldn’t make sense for a random Canadian vinyl store to have 5 copies of a 150 pressing in stock. 

I’m also assuming there’s an underground bootleg pressing house that issues these. Someone that can press large batches in-house and who has distribution connections to brick-and-mortar vinyl stores across North America. 

I’ve bought many bootlegs over the years and it’s obvious that many of them are from the same pressing house. They have glossy printed inner-sleeves and the photoshop jobs have a very signature look to them (they’ll have a Rolling Stone or Billboard article from the era printed on the inner sleeve). So based on that, I can conclude that my copies of Lana’s “Unreleased”/“Lizzie Grant” Rihanna “Anti”/“Loud”, Miley’s “Bangerz”, were all done at the same pressing house. They look professional and sound mastered and flawless. And then my copies of Lana’s “Love+Sadness”, Miley’s “Dead Petz” and Iggy’s “The New Classic” don’t have that signature glossy printed inner sleeve and just look like they’re from different pressing houses. Also they sound like bootlegs. They obviously weren’t mastered, and just used low quality mp3 files. 

So basically, if you’re up for a challenge you could sleuth out a pressing house who does these high-quality underground bootlegs professionally and then pitch a Britney bootleg to them. They will probably do it if they think it’ll be profitable. And with how much the Britney Urban Outfitters pressings go for on re-sale, it’ll probably be an easy pitch! 

Another option is, you could take on all the work yourself, or with a small circle of fellow fans. You’d need to fund a small-batch pressing out of pocket (crowd-funding could get messy…) and then figure out how to sell them after the fact. Bootleg pressings regularly go for like 100-120$ on Etsy, so you have the potential to recoup your investment. But it’s definitely a risk! 

Alternatively, you could just get a single custom LP pressed for yourself and have that as a special piece in your collection, knowing it’s unique and essentially your very own mixtape on vinyl. There are many services that offer that. 

Omg thank you so much. I have a place near where I live called sonic boom that does this with Lana, Frank ocean, and Rihanna’s anti in particular. I’m wondering how I would even find out how to reach them though  

• 9 months later...

Plants...

Where they could be pressed...

I was like are they talking about we.ed? 

Lol

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

But then I googled it and I found out what is it about/what it means

Before this post I only thought about it as oh the femme fatale tour Europe bootleg, etc

Summarizing it: Exhale is my English teacher

(after Britney)

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Fita said:

Plants...

Where they could be pressed...

I was like are they talking about we.ed? 

Lol

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

But then I googled it and I found out what is it about/what it means

Before this post I only thought about it as oh the femme fatale tour Europe bootleg, etc

Summarizing it: Exhale is my English teacher

(after Britney)

britney spears GIF

I wish I would have seen this thread years ago.  There used to be a site that had fan made albums that were of pretty high quality of unreleased tracks by era, including original doll.  It was physical cd's only but they looked professionally made and the sound quality was rather good for fan made, although kind of pricey.  It was based out of (sneak away to) the Philippines.  Unfortunately, I don't remember whaat the name of the site was and I can't find it on google anymore.  Awesome idea though!  Good luck!

Edited by setlimitations
spelling
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 2:09 PM, setlimitations said:

I wish I would have seen this thread years ago.  There used to be a site that had fan made albums that were of pretty high quality of unreleased tracks by era, including original doll.  It was physical cd's only but they looked professionally made and the sound quality was rather good for fan made, although kind of pricey.  It was based out of (sneak away to) the Philippines.  Unfortunately, I don't remember whaat the name of the site was and I can't find it on google anymore.  Awesome idea though!  Good luck!

Omg I wish this could’ve done as vinyl!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block