Exclusive info about "Original Doll" - Did you know that Britney was ready to release this song as a Lead single before BLACKOUT?

2 minutes ago, joe sp said:

they think that Britney did this to ruin Jive's planes and be able to get married and later become a mother. After this Britney was pregnant for two years and this material was rejected because she wanted a new sound"

So this means that Britney didn't like Original Doll :enigma_alien_blue:

I think she loved original doll but this album was produced during 2004/2005 And in 2006 after the divorce with Kevin Britney began to reveal herself through music and experiment with new sounds and probably thought that the "original doll" material was outdated and that she could create something new and fresh and clearly she was right

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, electricopop said:

Boa was the Korean Britney! I remember being obsessed with her English debut, but shame it didn't get much success.

Interesting fact about Bloodshy & Avant on the contractual obligations for "Radar".

Yes, but it is something that many producers do, there's many songs that are made for singers like Britney but the producers prefer to give them to singers that maybe are not than big but they will invest money and effort in promoting it as a single and they will probably be a hit and at the same time the producers earn much more with it

Edited by Antidote
5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I remember when Boa's album was released full of Britney rejects. I didn't know "Eat You Up" was considered as a first single tho. 

I did feel a little bad for her but I think it was a good strategy to enter the American market, plus she's a huge Britney fan

cd055e1d65035e7f410c29ee0cdbf762cb8a3270

Edited by Antidote
  • Love 3

I can actually picture Britney slaying that song hard. It fits the same vibe. Also the song title itself (Eat You Up) is hot too.

That whole era was so mysterious and edgy, and it's upsetting we're unable to hear most of the masterpieces that were created :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:.

Edited by jennyj
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, joe sp said:

they think that Britney did this to ruin Jive's planes and be able to get married and later become a mother. After this Britney was pregnant for two years and this material was rejected because she wanted a new sound"

So this means that Britney didn't like Original Doll :enigma_alien_blue:

Or just KFat came and interrupted her good career :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Edited by BananaBoy98
1 hour ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

I think "Eat You Up" is ok, but it is a bit young for Britney at the time. I think if it were presented around the In the Zone session it might have fit. 

She was only 23/24, don't tell that she was "so old" for this song? :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

:ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

but then why wasn't Trip to Your Heart a single then? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Maybe they knew how embarassing and hideous a monster they had generated and were happy to sell it. Rihanna-uknowit.gif

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block