S Club 7 reportedly planning a reunion!

Slayer

They were one of the biggest pop phenomena of the 90s, winning the hearts of millions of young fans and notching up several number one hits.

And now The Mail on Sunday can reveal that band S Club 7 are reforming 25 years after they first found fame on a BBC television show – with a combined age of 300.

They were best known for their hits Bring It All Back, S Club Party, Reach and Never Had a Dream Come True.

All seven of the group have agreed to the comeback, which has been masterminded by music mogul Simon Fuller – the man who put them together in 1998 after the Spice Girls, his previous band, sacked him as their manager.

He called each of the seven stars – Rachel Stevens, 44, Tina Barrett, 46, Jon Lee, 40, Paul Cattermole, 45, Bradley McIntosh, 41, Jo O'Meara, 43, and Hannah Spearritt, 40 – in person to suggest the project and made it clear it would only work if all of them were to agree.

Their comeback is expected to be announced to huge fanfare in the coming weeks where they will reveal the details of the reunion.

They are planning a huge tour for the summer, though they are discussing whether this will have to be put back to Christmas due to O'Meara's back injury which has seen her undergo four operations to remove part of a slipped disc.

Friends say that she is currently struggling to walk but is hopeful of a full recovery.

One source close to the project said: 'Simon Fuller saw the value in this, S Club 7 had a huge following of all ages who he thinks will want to go and see them for nostalgia reasons.

'Their songs were so upbeat and fun, it is a massive commercial opportunity for them all, particularly Simon.'

S Club 7's comeback hasn't been without its difficulties – Fuller and the other band members spent months trying to track down Lee, who had ceased contact with all of them and was living a quiet life off grid, according to those close to him.

Fuller put S Club 7 together after he was fired by the Spice Girls for 'creative differences' following a rumoured relationship with band member Emma Bunton – which they both denied.

They made their name on BBC show Miami 7 and a year later, in 1999, their debut hit Bring It All Back went to number one. They went on o enjoy three more and cracked America with their hit Never Had A Dream Come True.

However, in 2002, Cattermole quit the band. A year later they decided to disband the group and Fuller launched a follow up project, S Club Juniors. 

Source: Daily Mail

s-club-sunshine-cover-1100.jpg?width=796

Tina posted yesterday that an 'announcement' is coming, Jo liked the post. Last year Rachel said she'd 100% be up for a reunion as long as it was all 7 members, Jo also said the same last year.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AndyFoster said:

I saw S Club 2 (Bradley and Tina) in 2021 at a festival and even though it was cringe, everyone had so much fun! 
If they where all back together, I’d go see it.

They don’t have the star power to sell out arenas with missing members unlike the Spice Girls. 

Omg I saw 'S Club All Stars' last year at pride, which consisted of Bradley, Tina and Stacy from S Club 8 :queenie_falling_dying_dead: It was actually so much fun.

I'd 1000% see them if it was all seven, that would be a dream!

I'm seeing Rachel at Mighty Hoopla this year :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I've never been to it before, so i'm super excited!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 1:54 PM, AndyFoster said:

I saw S Club 2 (Bradley and Tina) in 2021 at a festival and even though it was cringe, everyone had so much fun! 
If they where all back together, I’d go see it.

They don’t have the star power to sell out arenas with missing members unlike the Spice Girls. 

On 1/9/2023 at 5:03 AM, Pattycakes said:

I went to their reunion concert at the O2 in London a few years back. It was amazing and so crowded. Love Rachel Stevens. 

On 1/9/2023 at 4:08 PM, jonloch1 said:

My worry is though i remember when they reunited in 2015 and did Children In Need and they were awful, they were just so rigid and all over the place. it actually stopped me getting tickets for their tour. Were they better on tour??

The tour is currently scheduled for September, the announcement should be next month.

It is an arena tour and it involves all 7 members.

I’ve also been provided with a rough idea of ticket prices. There will be meet and greets available.

Edited by Slayer
  • Love 1
On 1/9/2023 at 8:08 AM, jonloch1 said:

My worry is though i remember when they reunited in 2015 and did Children In Need and they were awful, they were just so rigid and all over the place. it actually stopped me getting tickets for their tour. Were they better on tour??

it was so painful to see Jo trying to hit the notes and failing miserably. I know she was the leading voice in like 99% of the songs, but they should've redistributed the vocals so the others could help her carry the weight, it's not like they can't sing.

They were very popular in Latin America when the show aired on Nickelodeon. I'm not sure enough people remember them for them to come here though, so I don't even wish for that. Even if they did they would probably just visit the main cities, so I wouldn't even have a chance to see them. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

it was so painful to see Jo trying to hit the notes and failing miserably. I know she was the leading voice in like 99% of the songs, but they should've redistributed the vocals so the others could help her carry the weight, it's not like they can't sing.

They were very popular in Latin America when the show aired on Nickelodeon. I'm not sure enough people remember them for them to come here though, so I don't even wish for that. Even if they did they would probably just visit the main cities, so I wouldn't even have a chance to see them. 

I remember when she did Celebrity Big Brother in the UK in 2007 and she smoked like a chimney. every  single time she was on camera she had a cigarette  in her mouth. i found an article which says she quit smoking during lockdown but then that means she smoked for at least 13 years and probably longer. did she smoke when she was in S Club does anyone know? But thats probably impacted her voice. Because i know CBB is edited but back in 2007 it had livestream on E4 for a lot of the day and she always had a cigarette in her mouth

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

The singer, 42, ditched carbs, booze and smoking in an effort to get herself in tip-top shape ahead of her return to the spotlight

Edited by jonloch1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block