Why does she say she wasn't allowed to have coffee for 15 years?

7 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

She's 100% talking about the control her father and handlers used against her. Sure she drank Starbucks drinks every once in a while, and we saw her eating sweets or smoking cigarettes too, but we've also heard stories how her father/Robin would ban her whole tour crew from smoking cigarettes or eating candy so Britney is "safe from influences" and how her sister and mother told her that she can't drink diet pepsi because it'll make her fat.

Not everything she says is literal, but it must be so freeing to drink your damn coffee without asking from 10 different people and get denied because "it's fattening or bad for you". :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

THISSSS. Or it could interact with whatever "medicine" they FORCED her to take.

• Like 2

I think she means she was extremely restricted to getting her daily coffee, or having it around the house.

Maybe they did not care when she wasnt working, but during her vegas shows, she wasnt allowed? 

Its like when we say we were not allowed to eat chocolate as children, even though occasionally we were allowed to eat it.

• Like 1

I think probably it was an intermittent thing, where at any time they'd step in and say she couldn't have something. Someone here (maybe more than one) keeps rationalizing it saying it's not "allowed" with certain medications. I don't know about that, I've known a lot of people on different medications and that never came up.  Maybe as a personal choice, no caffeine, but contraindicated? I just don't believe it's a real issue.

Anyway, that opens another can of worms, what say she ever had over any medication. I really don't know why anyone would make excuses, when we all know that if anyone at all in our lives felt entitled to comment on what we were eating or drinking, never mind command us, we'd all be seriously rethinking that relationship.

They monitored her food and drink on a regular basis. No sushi, no candy...there's a YouTube where someone offered her some cupcakes or something and she grabs them, because all that was usually forbidden.

I think the coffee situation too is a lot dearer to her, and difficult for us to understand because we take it for granted.

I've realised lately that she was a LOT more restricted than we ever knew. It hit me when she posted the video of her in the bar saying it was her "first time" and that she's also never handled money ever, until recently.

The coffee was literally one of her very few pleasures in life and they still used something so simple and readily available to control and torment her. Even I have made a few troll posts about the coffee but I understand it more now.

It's so bizarre that she is so wealthy but as the same time was living a life of poverty in many ways... A golden prison cell as they say.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block