Why does she say she wasn't allowed to have coffee for 15 years?

1 hour ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

I reckon it had to do with her mental health condition. Caffeine may worsen mood destabilization in bipolar disorder, potentially leading to manic episodes, which might explain her behaviour in 2007 when she was basically financing Starbucks and RedBull…

TeamCon wanted her to be an obedient mindless cashcow, caffeine was to avoid.

It’s never been revealed Britney has bipolar disorder 

• Like 1

Britney's parents were legally able to deny her coffee. That is the main point of Britney's post. Not that she didn't have coffee. Britney sometime had more freedom than other times. None of it was her own decision. She wasn't allowed to make her own choices without first getting the go a head. At least not without serious consequences.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Kevney said:

so, you are saying the pics are fake and it could have a different liquid in them? that sounds like a literal conspiracy theory.  

So it's a conspiracy theory to think Britney may have been drinking a creme frappacino or tea in those pics? :sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

This poor woman is on her healing journey and with everything that has happened to her we're focused on what she drinks?...why are fans so quick to try and call her out in a lie? This girl is healing from 13 years of trauma. Can we just let her do what she needs and quit analyzing every little detail? :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

Meanwhile millions of people in the world don't have any food. That was the least overwhelming complaint about the conservatorship, imo. She drank a lot of coffee in those days, maybe not when she wanted to.

Diminishing Britney's experience because there are other experiences isn't look. Britney had less rights that 99.6% of Americans, on the basis that there are 1M people in conservatorships, despite being a household name.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Is this a real question? I don't get how people think the wolrd is black and white saying that 'ohoh she had coffee 7 times during 13 years so that contradicts her statement'. And just because she 'mentions' coffee in her instagram post. She didn't even say 'I did not have a single sip of coffee for 13 years', she said a totally different thing and this kind of thread pops up.

OF COURSE she did have coffee sometimes when she was 'allowed' to. Of course there were times when she loved her family and got along. Of course there were times when Britney felt like she was dependant on that Robin person, of course there were times when she loved POM, and times when she didn't.

It's not about the numbers. It's about the whole concept. She was restricted of doing ordinary things that people do every single day in many many ways possible and coffee was obviously one of them. Coffee, soda, sushi, spa whatever. We make choices everyday and live our lives, so I guess that makes you free, but almost everything Britney did was restricted and needed allowance. Would you not be annoyed if you asked everytime you wanted coffee and get denied 99 percent of the time?

It's not like she was allowed to just say 'oh alright I'll just grab a starbucks before rehearsal, give me 10 minutes yay' and team con went like 'Britney dear, it's your fifth time today, that's too much~ no more coffee today honey' and gavr her a kiss and winked at her.

If your are a growing child that need monitering and nurturing, sure, parents can limit the amount of caffeine taken by their children. But Britney is a grown *** woman that probably didn't even want coffee every hour of the day.  It was just about being able to do oridinary things on her own.

Why does this even need to be explained.

During the Freebritney movement you'd think that people would understand what situation she was in, but obviously not I guess.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

She's 100% talking about the control her father and handlers used against her. Sure she drank Starbucks drinks every once in a while, and we saw her eating sweets or smoking cigarettes too, but we've also heard stories how her father/Robin would ban her whole tour crew from smoking cigarettes or eating candy so Britney is "safe from influences" and how her sister and mother told her that she can't drink diet pepsi because it'll make her fat.

Not everything she says is literal, but it must be so freeing to drink your damn coffee without asking from 10 different people and get denied because "it's fattening or bad for you". :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Not dragging her or you I promise but I think it was bc of caffeine interacting with certain medication not bc was fattening

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block