Rainking of Britney's Albums!

Hello Exhale! I know lately Exhale has been a bit...dark...but I just wanted to make a fun light hearted post to cheer maybe some people up. Today I will be ranking her 9 studio albums plus her Chaotic EP! Please comment yours if you wish.

My List:

1. Circus

2. In The Zone

3. Blackout

4. Britney

5. Oops!...I did it again

6. Chaotic

7. Femme Fatale

8. Britney Jean

9. Baby One More Time

10. Glory

• Love 2

So tough, but I think this is the order for me. Living through Britney's breakout era as a kid ('98-01) was simply exhilarating. There will never be another time like that in music history, so my ranking is mostly nostalgic—but the impact her first four albums had on culture is undeniable. I will say that my favorite album during cship was Glory, which I think is a testament to her strength and resilience (and, hopefully, what's to come).

1. ...Baby One More Time (1999)
  2. Oops!... I Did It Again (2000)
  3. In The Zone (2003)
  4. Britney (2001)
  5. Glory (Deluxe Edition) (2016)
  6. Femme Fatale (2011)
  7. Circus (2008)
  8. Blackout (2007)
  9. Britney Jean (2013)
  10. Chaotic (EP) (2005)

Surprised how low Blackout is for me, but by the time this came out I was in high school and bullied for listening to her music. Makes me sad that the media and most of the general public despised anything she did, but it makes me sadder that I also fell victim to the media's narrative. That being said, I wish I experienced Blackout without the stigma, but why should I be sad? :) Really happy for those who experienced it as their intro to Britney!

Finally, despite Britney Jean being ranked 9th, I still go so hard to this album. Messy rollout, messy cover, messy everything, but it's still iconic and so college for me.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Jacolicious said:

So tough, but I think this is the order for me. Living through Britney's breakout era as a kid ('98-01) was simply exhilarating. There will never be another time like that in music history, so my ranking is mostly nostalgic—but the impact her first four albums had on culture is undeniable. I will say that my favorite album during cship was Glory, which I think is a testament to her strength and resilience (and, hopefully, what's to come).

1. ...Baby One More Time (1999)
  2. Oops!... I Did It Again (2000)
  3. In The Zone (2003)
  4. Britney (2001)
  5. Glory (Deluxe Edition) (2016)
  6. Femme Fatale (2011)
  7. Circus (2008)
  8. Blackout (2007)
  9. Britney Jean (2013)
  10. Chaotic (EP) (2005)

Surprised how low Blackout is for me, but by the time this came out I was in high school and bullied for listening to her music. Makes me sad that the media and most of the general public despised anything she did, but it makes me sadder that I also fell victim to the media's narrative. That being said, I wish I experienced Blackout without the stigma, but why should I be sad? :) Really happy for those who experienced it as their intro to Britney!

Finally, despite Britney Jean being ranked 9th, I still go so hard to this album. Messy rollout, messy cover, messy everything, but it's still iconic and so college for me.

Im glad you like Britney Jean. If it wasn't so..Myah...then it would probably atleast be in my top 3

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PrinceRainMK3 said:

I just can't bring myself to like Glory :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

The problem with glory is choruses for me.. 

the mosr of the songs in standard edition dont have choruses its just one repetitive phrase or just instrumental.. thats why it dont have huge hit material but ok the other hand - every song is decent, experimental in many ways (especially brits vocals) and there is a lot of tracks lol its her biggest album and I love it lol but yeah they should do choruses and bridges (such a missed opportunity for glory to be the greatest pop album ever)..

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

The problem with glory is choruses for me.. 

the mosr of the songs in standard edition dont have choruses its just one repetitive phrase or just instrumental.. thats why it dont have huge hit material but ok the other hand - every song is decent, experimental in many ways (especially brits vocals) and there is a lot of tracks lol its her biggest album and I love it lol but yeah they should do choruses and bridges (such a missed opportunity for glory to be the greatest pop album ever)..

ESPECIALLY MAKE ME! that had so much potential...

Im not including the Chaotic EP as to me it doesnt really count

1. In The Zone - i know all of fans say Blackout is her best album but for me ITZ beats it a mile off. its totally ageless and still sounds so fresh even after 19 years and Britney had so much control over it

2.  Blackout

3. Britney - still sounds so fresh and cool

4. Circus - still a great album, only frustration is the bonus tracks Amnesia and Quicksand are better than some of the standard. i hate Mannequin

5. Oops - this is a weird one because it does sound like music in 2000 so it has aged but they still sound good if you know what i mean?

6. Glory - i loved it when it came out but it has aged like milk. still a good album but tracks are very samey  

7. Femme Fatale - like Glory, loved it when it came out but got boring after a while and tracks are very  samey , although i have to say He About To Lose Me is one of Britneys best songs

8. Baby - it was a great album in 1999 but its very of its time

9. Obviously Britney Jean , dont really need  much explanation

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block