Sam Smith Trashed For Wearing Similar Outfit As Harry Styles Is Praised

3 hours ago, hello70 said:

I think it’s because fans on Twitter like conventionally attractive men who queer bait for *mystique* more than actual queer men living their authentic lives. Sam looks amazing and is finally living his best life!

Harry looks good in his outfit too although I honestly don’t understand his appeal. Imo, Harry is always baiting to look more edgy and interesting then he actually is. Ever hear him speak in an interview? - couldn’t sound more basic. It’s just masked with an accent😂

My personal favorite: “What I like about the movie….is that it’s a movie.” 

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think you're confusing "baiting" for "marketing". Since when is marketing yourself to a demographic/group = baiting? That's called marketing to make money - since the music business is.. a business.

The difference of reactions towards these two people is literally just a case of who wore it best. Sam did not. Why dress to make yourself look objectively "bad".

This is not a case of "homophobia" or "fat shaming", they simply do not look good to ones eyeball. 

Sam’s just looks tacky. I mean it’s the style, the belt, and the color. It reminds me of something but I can’t put on what, I keep thinking it’s a cartoon character from somewhere that wears a jumpsuit in a similar style. 

Now if they wore the same suit as Harry’s it’d probably look better. I think Harry’s looks cool because of the multi-color effect it has. I don’t know, Sam’s is just :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

Listen, if I see a guy like Sam walking on the streets or a disco in that jumpsuit, I would look and wouldn't like it and I would keep on with my life, but if this bish gets on a stage with a microphone and all the spotlights on him... I will rip him to pieces. That jumpsuit is cheap AF and it looks disgusting on him. By the title of this thread I thought it was literally the same outfit as Harry, but they are nothing alike except for being one piece and...shiny? And I don't like all the blush on him. It's obviously something that he loves, maybe even makes him feel beautiful and confident or whatever, but I personally think it looks awful on him. And Kim dresses like a cheap Barbie rip-off so it's not like he chose stellar company either.

• Haha 1

People can where what ever they want no matter size or shape.

But if something doesnt look good on you  ( get rid of bias and prejudices) it just doesn't. 

I don't hate it on sam but it just doesn't suit him

If you at his twitter since he promoting the album a lotta his fashion choices for this era doesn't look flattering on him. He can wear those outfits all he wants but it has took suitable on him

Still excited for the album based on some of snippets he's played

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block