Journalist who wore LGBT shirt at Qatar World Cup found DEAD!

KrisJ

2 hours ago, IAmBorg said:

You guys do know that he had had heart problems days before his passing, a cold and probably not enough of sleep. He wrote it himself in a newsletter.

Yes Quatar is anti-everything western. But don’t jump to conclusions without more information. I’m sure US authorities are all over it. 

He was told he had a cold from traveling but it’s still very suspect. Should be investigated. 

• Love 1

You guys do know that he had had heart problems days before his passing, a cold and probably not enough of sleep. He wrote it himself in a newsletter.

Yes Quatar is anti-everything western. But don’t jump to conclusions without more information. I’m sure US authorities are all over it. 

He was told he had a cold from traveling but it’s still very suspect. Should be investigated. 

9 hours ago, Cancer said:

Why are people surprised about this? Are LGBT people in the west so coccooned and mollycoddled that they fail to realize this is the norm in many Middle Eastern and African countries? And yes, Europe too. People are still killed for being gay in parts of Russia.

Kind of an aside, but this is the reason I can't take left radicals so seriously in the states. We act like the USA is ground zero for homophobia and racial discrimination when in reality, it's far more forward thinking than the rest of the world. People arguing about pronouns and how it offends them that they are misgendered yada yada yada, yet they can't step back for 1 second and be grateful they live somewhere where they're even allowed to exist and have that conversation in the first place.

Okay, rant over...

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, IAmBorg said:

LOL were you born yesterday 

This comment actually made me laugh out loud so not trying to be a **** lol just funny to read “he had a cold and didn’t have enough sleep” about someone who died while detained in Qatar for wearing a pride shirt lol 

I’m sure the prison guards were rushing to give him DayQuil and his heart medication 

6 hours ago, IAmBorg said:

People like to believe what fits their narrative. They’re too lazy to do their homework but always on the ready to falsely accuse someone, in this case a country. I say they should go back to pop culture gossip. 

On 12/10/2022 at 9:37 AM, Sia said:

Kind of an aside, but this is the reason I can't take left radicals so seriously in the states. We act like the USA is ground zero for homophobia and racial discrimination when in reality, it's far more forward thinking than the rest of the world. People arguing about pronouns and how it offends them that they are misgendered yada yada yada, yet they can't step back for 1 second and be grateful they live somewhere where they're even allowed to exist and have that conversation in the first place.

Okay, rant over...

I would say we're more tolerant, but I wouldn't say it's sunshine and rainbows. We literally had that mass shooting at a gay club a couple weeks ago in Colorado Springs

On 12/10/2022 at 12:57 AM, Cancer said:

Why are people surprised about this? Are LGBT people in the west so coccooned and mollycoddled that they fail to realize this is the norm in many Middle Eastern and African countries? And yes, Europe too. People are still killed for being gay in parts of Russia.

The journalist and his gay brother have my sympathies but they were VERY naive for assuming they could wear pro LGBT garb without suffering dire consequences....

Boycotting the world cup would not do a thing to address this issue. Countless governments would have to return millions, perhaps billions to Quatar and nothing short of a radical war or revolution would bring about any fundamental change. We're seeing some of that play out in Iran as we speak.

What a great and rational response. Also the only correct one. 
If he was killed due to him promoting lgbtq than that’s on him. It was all over the news that Qatar famously banned public displays of affection between same s** couples. Everyone going was warned of their many and extensive rules. Not just pertaining to pda.

Women also don’t have many rights, also a problem. No alcohol allowed is also a huge problem. Budweiser has lost millions due to their rules. It’s their country and their right to have rules. It sucks but thats reality.

Im not sure why we’re surprised here.

3 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

I would say we're more tolerant, but I wouldn't say it's sunshine and rainbows. We literally had that mass shooting at a gay club a couple weeks ago in Colorado Springs

I get what you're saying but this is part of the problem that I'm talking about. 

You're using ONE incident to generalize an entire country.

Yes there are risks (I never said there weren't), but how many other shootings take place each year? I could easily walk into a mall and be the victim of a mass shooting by a psycho. How many school shootings have we had to hear about the past 2 decades in the US? Does that mean we shouldn't send kids to school anymore? Does that mean the country is anti-kids now? No, those are isolated incidents that do happen, but the vast majority of the country would not condone that behavior. That is the difference between the US and a country like Qatar where my very own existence could get me ********.

The US will never be 100% tolerant because we are a mesh of different cultures, but there is a general standard in our society now that does support the community.

1 hour ago, Sia said:

I get what you're saying but this is part of the problem that I'm talking about. 

You're using ONE incident to generalize an entire country.

Yes there are risks (I never said there weren't), but how many other shootings take place each year? I could easily walk into a mall and be the victim of a mass shooting by a psycho. How many school shootings have we had to hear about the past 2 decades in the US? Does that mean we shouldn't send kids to school anymore? Does that mean the country is anti-kids now? No, those are isolated incidents that do happen, but the vast majority of the country would not condone that behavior. That is the difference between the US and a country like Qatar where my very own existence could get me ********.

The US will never be 100% tolerant because we are a mesh of different cultures, but there is a general standard in our society now that does support the community.

I agree with that 

On 12/10/2022 at 6:39 PM, bas che said:

People like to believe what fits their narrative. They’re too lazy to do their homework but always on the ready to falsely accuse someone, in this case a country. I say they should go back to pop culture gossip. 

Wow projecting much?

I suggest you do some research and explain to me how I’m the one gossiping and you are the one stating facts.

- Qatar has death penalty for LGBT people - so their anti western/gay

- The reporter was detained but died a free man in a full footbal stadium covering/watching the footbal match after having heart problems, lack of sleep and a cold  - so an investigation is needed before stating he was ********.

Where are my lies? And here are your facts supporting ******?

Ok I do not actually know if US authorities are all over this  that was an assumption. 

1 hour ago, IAmBorg said:

Wow projecting much?

I suggest you do some research and explain to me how I’m the one gossiping and you are the one stating facts.

- Qatar has death penalty for LGBT people - so their anti western/gay

- The reporter was detained but died a free man in a full footbal stadium covering/watching the footbal match after having heart problems, lack of sleep and a cold  - so an investigation is needed before stating he was ********.

Where are my lies? And here are your facts supporting ******?

Ok I do not actually know if US authorities are all over this  that was an assumption. 

We Britney fans should know better than to give blind trust to the media. It’s obvious the west wants to portray Qatar and the Middle East as primitive extremists. Well, this is not the case, coming from someone who’s been living here all their life. I’m not pointing fingers at you or the LGBT community specifically but woke SJWs cancel culture needs to stop. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, bas che said:

We Britney fans should know better than to give blind trust to the media. It’s obvious the west wants to portray Qatar and the Middle East as primitive extremists. Well, this is not the case, coming from someone who’s been living here all their life. I’m not pointing fingers at you or the LGBT community specifically but woke SJWs cancel culture needs to stop. 

202210lgbt_qatar_presser.jpg?h=2a67ccce&
WWW.HRW.ORG

Qatar Preventive Security Department forces have arbitrarily arrested lesbian, gay, bi***ual, and transgender (LGBT) people and subjected them to ill-treatment in detention, Human Rights Watch...

https://www.fidh.org/en/region/asia/iran/iran-death-sentence-lgbt-rights

WCup_Qatar_Soccer_07246--c2b03_c0-324-77
WWW.WASHINGTONTIMES.COM

Operatives from Iran’s military have threatened to imprison and torture the families of Iranian World Cup soccer players if the players don’t “behave” during their highly anticipated match...
221128142952-world-cup-tehran-iran-file-
WWW.CNN.COM

The families of Iran's World Cup soccer team have been threatened with imprisonment and torture if the players fail to "behave" ahead of the match against the USA on Tuesday, a source involved in the...
9f0948d64dea7c6ccaa593feb71fe338d13a276b
WWW.IRANINTL.COM

A rights group says the Islamic Republic has sentenced two LGBTQ activists to death on charges of "corruption on earth through the promotion of *******uality."
amnesty_logo_0.jpg?VersionId=qA0vtal7uIy
WWW.AMNESTY.ORG.UK

Zahra Sedighi-Hamadani, Elham Choubdar, Iran, Urgent Action, Amnesty International UK
202007Saudi_LGBT_MinistryofInterior.jpg?
WWW.HRW.ORG

A Saudi court sentenced a Yemeni blogger to jail and then deportation to Yemen for a social media post supporting equal rights for all in Saudi Arabia.
LGBTQ%20cuffs.jpg
THEWEEK.COM

Why do so many Middle Eastern countries have anti-LGBTQ laws, and what can be done to make a change?
Dr-Nas-Proud-Marooons.jpg?quality=85&w=1
TIME.COM

TIME speaks to Dr. Naser Mohamed, the only Qatari to publicly come out as gay, ahead of the World Cup.
On 12/10/2022 at 5:37 PM, Sia said:

Okay, rant over...

Oppression isn't a competition, and two things can be true at once. You're acting like the people you're condemning don't know there's countries where people have it worse, but what do you want them to do about it? Boycotting the World Cup was one of the few ways people could actually do something at least somewhat feasible, but it's not like any of us have the means to end oppression in the Middle East. Should black people stop caring about police brutality because people in other nations have it worse? And have you not been following the current political climate in the US? The LGBT = predators rhetoric is in full swing. :saywat-towelney:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block