Journalist who wore LGBT shirt at Qatar World Cup found DEAD!

KrisJ

Why are people surprised about this? Are LGBT people in the west so coccooned and mollycoddled that they fail to realize this is the norm in many Middle Eastern and African countries? And yes, Europe too. People are still killed for being gay in parts of Russia.

The journalist and his gay brother have my sympathies but they were VERY naive for assuming they could wear pro LGBT garb without suffering dire consequences....

Boycotting the world cup would not do a thing to address this issue. Countless governments would have to return millions, perhaps billions to Quatar and nothing short of a radical war or revolution would bring about any fundamental change. We're seeing some of that play out in Iran as we speak.

• Love 3
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

OMG! I was just watching Elite and Cruz gets beat up for coming out as a football star. I was thinking to myself ... that doesn't happen but then I come here and read this :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

This Elite storyline is timely. Because, in the last number of years Spain’s far right political party (VOX) have been gaining more and more support. It’s scary.

They are pro-fascist, pro-violence and anti-LGBTQ+ and anti-feminism/women’s rights

Last year, a number of “VOX supporters” beat to death a young gay man (Samuel Luiz) while he chatting on his phone outside a bar during pride weekend. Many suspected he ****** was a hate crime.

It sparked country-wide outrage from the highest level of government to the people streets. Numerous vigils and demonstrations were organised in his honour. People couldn’t understand how a country with one of the best LGBTQ+ laws/rights, something like this could happen (same-s** marriage has been legal since 2005, the 3rd country in the world to do so). 

Football is especially important in Spain. It’s more than a national sport. It’s like a religion. It means so much to so many. For years, there have been rumours of top-footballers in the Spanish league being bi/gay and were preparing to come out. But it never happened. And since Luiz’s ******, the chance of this happening has gotten smaller and smaller, along with hope of this ever happening.

Shockingly, in Barcelona and Madrid, notoriously openly gay cities since the early 20th century, have seen a huge increase in homophobia motivated crimes, namely attacks, assaults, violence against LGBTQ+ individuals. Most of these are not just Trans, but young gay men walking home at night. 5 years ago this was unheard of.

Sadly, times have changed. For the worse. 

You can read more about Samuel below, who’s story influenced Elite in more ways than one:

ENGLISH.ELPAIS.COM

The alleged homophobic killing of the 24-year-old nurse has sparked an outpouring of support, with...

• Love 3
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, TheVoodooThatWeDo said:

This Elite storyline is timely. Because, in the last number of years Spain’s far right political party (VOX) have been gaining more and more support. It’s scary.

They are pro-fascist, pro-violence and anti-LGBTQ+ and anti-feminism/women’s rights

Last year, a number of “VOX supporters” beat to death a young gay man (Samuel Luiz) while he chatting on his phone outside a bar during pride weekend. Many suspected he ****** was a hate crime.

It sparked country-wide outrage from the highest level of government to the people streets. Numerous vigils and demonstrations were organised in his honour. People couldn’t understand how a country with one of the best LGBTQ+ laws/rights, something like this could happen (same-s** marriage has been legal since 2005, the 3rd country in the world to do so). 

Football is especially important in Spain. It’s more than a national sport. It’s like a religion. It means so much to so many. For years, there have been rumours of top-footballers in the Spanish league being bi/gay and were preparing to come out. But it never happened. And since Luiz’s ******, the chance of this happening has gotten smaller and smaller, along with hope of this ever happening.

Shockingly, in Barcelona and Madrid, notoriously openly gay cities since the early 20th century, have seen a huge increase in homophobia motivated crimes, namely attacks, assaults, violence against LGBTQ+ individuals. Most of these are not just Trans, but young gay men walking home at night. 5 years ago this was unheard of.

Sadly, times have changed. For the worse. 

You can read more about Samuel below, who’s story influenced Elite in more ways than one:

ENGLISH.ELPAIS.COM

The alleged homophobic killing of the 24-year-old nurse has sparked an outpouring of support, with...

Omg wtf :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: I'm so so sorry. Thank you for sharing. That must be devastating. I had no idea. The world is getting scarier. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Omg wtf :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: I'm so so sorry. Thank you for sharing. That must be devastating. I had no idea. The world is getting scarier. 

That’s what “they” want. For people like Samuel to be scared to be themselves in public. To hide being different. To hide being gay. To hide their truth.

His ****** has had the opposite effect.

Pride is now even more important than ever in Spain. It’s more popular and more respected now by everyone. And there was a even a noticeable shift on Grindr of gay Spanish men shunning “toxic masculinity”and the promotion of “straight acting” “Bros” mentality and embracing a more non-binary representation. 

It’s been very exciting to see.

Samuel did not die in vein ❤️❤️❤️

spacer.png

• Love 2

You guys do know that he had had heart problems days before his passing, a cold and probably not enough of sleep. He wrote it himself in a newsletter.

Yes Quatar is anti-everything western. But don’t jump to conclusions without more information. I’m sure US authorities are all over it. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block