Britney only had 1 number song until 2008 !

26 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Hmm not sure that is true considering Gaga has had two #1 singles in the last three years, one of which being a huge smash in both sales and streaming (Shallow). Gaga has done very well considering how much the landscape has changed since her debut and the fact that many people counted her out commercially after ARTPOP.

Shallow isn't the type of music she usually releases plus it was promoted on every commercial so it's kinda a blip and the other was was because of Ariana.

I think this is where the convo in regards to "singles artist" & "album artist" come into play. Britney was never a singles artist. She had STRONG singles for sure but they didn't all chart "amazingly". She was a top 40 girl and that was good enough because she was an album artist. Ppl listened to her album as a whole and tuned into her performances. Rihanna would be considered a singles artist over albums artist if you taken into account #1's. Her first # 1 wasn't till her 7th album but she has countless #1 songs. Beyonce is also like Britney in this regard. They sell #1 albums very consistently through their careers & don't really chart high often with their singles

12 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Not you saying "RIGHTFULLY called out" when she was caged, manipulated, and drugged up for 13 years :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

At the time the public had no clue. That’s what I meant they were judging from not knowing the details of her life. We thought she was on the up and up so ppl were shocked at fft and started to criticize. Now ppl are more educated on the issue. There was even an interviewer that asked if she wanted to really be there. She said yes. So  gp thought she was “back” and was wondering why she wasn’t dancing the same. Now we all know who would be passionate under those circumstances 

• Like 1

I think we all know why - most of her singles were NOT released in the us!

Sometimes i think ppl outside her fandom don‘t know that and consider some of her songs as flops in the us. 

„My Prerogative“ is a good example - charted really high in europe with severel #1s but only went to #100 on the hot 100 due to airplay. 

12 hours ago, Body ache said:

Shallow isn't the type of music she usually releases plus it was promoted on every commercial so it's kinda a blip and the other was was because of Ariana.

You can't say that Shallow's success doesn't count because it was a different style for her and because it was promoted :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: It was still a monster smash hit regardless

46 minutes ago, mfanbs said:

in my mind she had 9 num 1s on BBH100

BOMT 

OIDIA 

TOXIC 

WOMANIZER  

HIAM 

TTWE 

S&M 

S&S 

She had several top 5 hits

Crazy lucky Slave 4 u Everytime Gimme more Circus Work ***** Make Me Hold me Closer

For the rest of them i think its okey 

thats it bye Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Same. Ill add Circus too cause that #3 debut was hugeee.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block