Jlo, issues This is Me... then 20th Anniversary edition

That one Album she made about her love affair Ben Affleck (her current husband and now going by professionally as Jennifer Affleck,  which caused controversy and a lot of criticism for being a very out dated move and anti feminist statement of taking her husband's last name).

The first albums of her prime, mind you this was the last album to produce a massive hit for her All I have was her final number one as a lead of featured act and LL cool J's only number one hit to date.

And it's also a reminder of the last time she was huge as a pop star in her native country, all would crash down in 2005 when Tommy left and a little album The Emancipation of Mimi saw Mariah come back to the superstar she was..

What a time to live. 

And it's still the big media question without Tommy involvement would Jlo be that huge. 

She is now going by Jennifer Affleck? That is a MESS. She's been famous as Jennifer Lopez for like 25 years. I'm not calling her Jennifer Affleck.  

I don't like this album. I do like some of her music though. Pa' Ti is one of my favorites from her. On My Way is beautiful. 

Edit: I guess she's seemingly keeping Jennifer Lopez as her name for work projects. 

• Like 1
On 11/25/2022 at 7:44 AM, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

Her LAST hit 20 years ago?! :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Get Right was huge in 2005 and the singles from the 2011 album were also all successful, with On the Floor being a defining 2010’s hit!

Maybe one or two hits, but she started flopping she came from the albums era,she did indeed flop.

She was never a singles act 

Plus would on the floor be a hit without American idol,  the answer is no. 

On 11/25/2022 at 7:58 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

now going by professionally as Jennifer Affleck,  which caused controversy and a lot of criticism for being a very out dated move and anti feminist statement of taking her husband's last name).

What?! I didn't know that :jlostare_jennifer_lopez_staring_blink:

The criticism is stupid, she CHOSE to change the name :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block