Discovery+ is releasing a series about Britney Spears battle on court called “Jamie vs Britney: The Father Daughter Trials”

Style.

2 minutes ago, easy said:

and there you have it folks! documentaries were never to help britney, and always to exploit her situation.

Idk I thought both the NYT docs were very helpful and informative. The first one showed just how badly she was treated and let down by the whole country and by people around her. I mean there were a lot of people coming out and apologizing (yes it was like a decade too late) but they came out and apologized for how they treated her. People were being called out for their treatment of Britney to own up to their actions.

Then the second one was pretty damning. Interviewing people who broke their NDAs and put their livelihoods on the line to speak up and say, yeah what she said in her testimony is true, and here’s more to the story to show just how much worse it actually was.

I was so angry watching that one like how can your own father bug your bedroom with listening devices, hearing you have private conversations with your minor children, or having relations with your boyfriend like that’s just gross and borderline ***ual predator vibes, from your own father nonetheless. Or how about how she was pulling in millions and she was denied a $50 pair of Sketchers, like she’s worth millions, yet isn’t allowed to buy shoes that everyone in the working class can afford to buy? The whole thing was gross.

So yeah I wouldn’t say all of the docs were made to profit off her situation.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BlackoutGlory said:

Idk I thought both the NYT docs were very helpful and informative. The first one showed just how badly she was treated and let down by the whole country and by people around her. I mean there were a lot of people coming out and apologizing (yes it was like a decade too late) but they came out and apologized for how they treated her. People were being called out for their treatment of Britney to own up to their actions.

Then the second one was pretty damning. Interviewing people who broke their NDAs and put their livelihoods on the line to speak up and say, yeah what she said in her testimony is true, and here’s more to the story to show just how much worse it actually was.

I was so angry watching that one like how can your own father bug your bedroom with listening devices, hearing you have private conversations with your minor children, or having relations with your boyfriend like that’s just gross and borderline ***ual predator vibes, from your own father nonetheless. Or how about how she was pulling in millions and she was denied a $50 pair of Sketchers, like she’s worth millions, yet isn’t allowed to buy shoes that everyone in the working class can afford to buy? The whole thing was gross.

So yeah I wouldn’t say all of the docs were made to profit off her situation.

but what change did they bring? none. people apologized to britney, and then went right back to judging and condemning her. i don't buy good intentions when money is involved and money was involved for every one of the docs. money that lined THEIR pockets. not britney's, and not even organizations that fight against abuse. so yes, it's nice to say they brought awareness, but they didn't bring about any actual change and anything positive for britney. only more exploitation, and more scrutiny.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Actually I did :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

They wanted to do a bit on BH's role in all of this. Of course I only spoke highly of Britney. And though I am grateful for the opportunity, I will say I regret it knowing how much Britney hates these docs. I filmed this a long time ago - way before the things she said about the docs a month ago. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Also, I didn't know they were going to frame it in this way and call Britney mentally unstable or any of that. They told me it was very pro Britney so I hope they stuck to that or I'll be pretty pissed.

For the first time ever in an interview I burst into tears... in part because I was having a really difficult time with BH at the time and I just felt a lot of pressure these last few years and got super emotional and it's all captured. I hope they don't use any of it :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Good intentions but the way they frame this doco is really gross.. I guess you can’t ask to be taken out of it or anything?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Fita said:

But Britney said she doesn't like it. :/ why do they keep doing those docs? 

Cos the money first subscribers,,I mean their doing a show on the glee curse. 

3 people died, is the show cursed like the 1980s poltergeist franchise where people died of mysterious ways Heather o' Rourke died at 12 cos she couldn't poo, and according to witnesses she died throwing up her poo, so yeah there's money involved. 

I'm not surprised considering the merger of HBO max and discovery plus is gonna need some exploitative docs. 

@Jordan Millerthey will use you crying probably as a gay man seeing his idol being used in such a bullying ways,  brings back memories of his youth of hating himself for being gay. I won't be surprised if they use it at that angle to make you a victim of hetero America.  

3 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

With a description like that, my question is this; who is this for and funding this? That is a very pro-Jamie stance, and any creator with a morsel of capacity to research would see the recent issues in court and know better, yet not only are they both sidings the issues at hand, they're using her Instagram as justification, which us very reminiscent of 2007.

I don't intend to watch, but I expect the hearings next month to be big, seeing as JL's book to coincided with January hearings and KFeds Press Tour coincided with depositions and hearings. All coincidences of course...

it is very disgusting that they even dare to give Jamie the benefit of doubt, or the whole use of a conservatorship to exploit someone for money, which shouldn't even put for debate given all the evidence.

However, the saddest part is that her posts being "bizarre" and a sign of something concerning going on is an opinion shared by a lot of her "fans" on social media and even on this forum. Discovery+ and any other that sides with Jamie, will use the "bizarre posts" to feed their narrative of Jamie being the good father. Conspiracy theorists will use them to feed whatever is their current theory about Sam, or that she's supposedly still not free.

Series like this wouldn't exist without judgemental people labeling her posts as bizarre just because they don't fit their standards of what an IG account by a famous person should share, or what "Britney Spears" should be or look like. Everyone that criticizes her posts are basically just a bunch of Jamies :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

Actually I did :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

They wanted to do a bit on BH's role in all of this. Of course I only spoke highly of Britney. And though I am grateful for the opportunity, I will say I regret it knowing how much Britney hates these docs. I filmed this a long time ago - way before the things she said about the docs a month ago. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Also, I didn't know they were going to frame it in this way and call Britney mentally unstable or any of that. They told me it was very pro Britney so I hope they stuck to that or I'll be pretty pissed.

For the first time ever in an interview I burst into tears... in part because I was having a really difficult time with BH at the time and I just felt a lot of pressure these last few years and got super emotional and it's all captured. I hope they don't use any of it :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

honey-you-got-a-big-storm-coming.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block