Why did they make Britney wear the wigs for Vegas in the first place?

• Super Mods

I’m just confused by it all and anytime I see a photo of her wearing one, I think to myself what on earth was happening for them to make that decision :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Britney herself admits that she knows that they didn’t look good so I can’t imagine her actually wanting to wear them for the Vegas residency  :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

Why didn’t they just let Britney wear her hair with extensions and not wear wigs ? And if this is the case, why didn’t she wear a wig for the 2007 VMA performance instead of those extensions where her hair was so short? That would have made more sense to wear a wig :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Was Team Con actually deliberately trying to

make her look bad or was it a decision that was made for the better of the show? Let’s talk about it :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

spacer.pngspacer.pngthis one actually wasn’t terrible tbh 

spacer.png

vs doing the show with hair like this spacer.png

I’m also just going to throw in Britney with brown/red hair because it’s so iconic. Happy Friday, Exhale! spacer.pngspacer.png

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

I was a little confused about her mention of the wigs in her youtube podcast. She mentioned wearing them because she had conditioning treatments in her hair, but like couldn't she have rinsed that out? Isn't the point of conditioning treatments to make your hair healthy and shiny? Isn't that what you'd want?

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, Brit52 said:

I was a little confused about her mention of the wigs in her youtube podcast. She mentioned wearing them because she had conditioning treatments in her hair, but like couldn't she have rinsed that out? Isn't the point of conditioning treatments to make your hair healthy and shiny? Isn't that what you'd want?

I’m also just as confused. Despite knowing everything that we know now, was the wigs really just to cut cost for having her hair done for each show? It just confuses me why they didn’t let her wear her hair normally. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Seanril said:

Those wigs were atrocious and so embarrassing. I don't know how those were allowed. Just one of many many questions 

I wonder if she will talk about it in the book? I just can’t believe that those wigs were approved to be worn by the legend Britney Spears! 

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
Just now, DollyParton said:

She was heavily medicated and at a point giving zero ****s, it saved much time for everyone.

Never even thought of this. Good point. I still think Britney would have said no I’m not wearing those but you’re absolutely right. Being so medicated, how could she? It makes me sick. 

• Like 2

Part of me thinks it’s because she refused to get her hair done. I get sooo antsy in hair and makeup chairs and Britney has always talked about hating having to sit for hair and makeup.

No shade but I can totally see her getting in a mood and telling a hairstylist and her dad “Kiss my ***,I don’t want to to get my hair done tonight “ and so they had no choice but to throw on a wig😂😂😂

Orrrrrr most likely her hair just needed a break. I regularly wear weaves and extensions and you’re supposed to give your hair a deep condition and breaks from them every now and then.

Friday Night Party GIF by Britney Spears

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, hello70 said:

Part of me thinks it’s because she refused to get her hair done. I get sooo antsy in hair and makeup chairs and Britney has always talked about hating having to sit for hair and makeup.

No shade but I can totally see her getting in a mood and telling a hairstylist and her dad “Kiss my ***,I don’t want to to get my hair done tonight “ and so they had no choice but to throw on a wig😂😂😂

Orrrrrr most likely her hair just needed a break. I regularly wear weaves and extensions and you’re supposed to give your hair a deep condition and breaks from them every now and then.

Friday Night Party GIF by Britney Spears

Even if true, the quality of the wigs were not acceptable and worthy of being on her head. She needed high quality wigs and the ones she wore were nothing of the sort. Great response and thanks for commenting! 

Also I can see Britney saying “Kiss my Azzz, I don’t want my hair touched   :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, DollyParton said:

She was heavily medicated and at that point giving zero ****s, it saved much time for everyone.

Literally the best reason I think, because it saved a lot of time for the shows preparation, because she had many shows. It is also not good for the hair to be all the time hairstyled with heavy spray, so it was an easier choice to put just a wig every night :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

But that was only for some time at the earlier shows, after they threw the wigs for good :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

in my opinion, from a non-conservatorship and a more show production type of standpoint, the brown bob wig during BOMT/oops and the curly circus look helps make the show look more interesting from a audience standpoint and helps distinct the looks. but the other blonde wigs.... oof. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I liked those wigs! They looked the most natural. I just can’t make the blonde shiny wigs make sense :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block