Why did they make Britney wear the wigs for Vegas in the first place?

• Super Mods
19 minutes ago, fays1 said:

We all know and heard from different sources that Britney hates doing her hair more than anything. I think her team came up with the decision to make her wear wigs instead? but as usual they have a horrible team and hadh bad wigs. 

They failed at everything and couldn’t do anything right. They couldn’t even pick out a good wig :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

• Love 1

Lets get one thing straight and clear (imagine whitney speaking):

they made sure she felt unworthy.. worthless… like they were doing her a favor of helping her..  i think back then she lost sight of her own magnitude and power.. 

the cheap wigs.. lousy remixes.. campy outfits.. myah mimicking her.. were just not so subtle ways of making her feel that way. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Arthurfleck said:

Lets get one thing straight and clear (imagine whitney speaking):

they made sure she felt unworthy.. worthless… like they were doing her a favor of helping her..  i think back then she lost sight of her own magnitude and power.. 

the cheap wigs.. lousy remixes.. campy outfits.. myah mimicking her.. were just not so subtle ways of making her feel that way. 

:canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

• Love 1

I’m pretty sure all the wigs from POM 1.0 at the beginning were fully intentional because each section had its own character identity, and we know homegirl loves playing a character and already had a long history of playing with wigs. (I also vaguely recall a report saying Britney was disappointed by how much the fans hated them.)

Then when she says she stopped giving a fück and was doing conditioning treatments under the skullcap, I imagine that’s while she was wearing the neon blonde wig for the whole show. It’s very “You want a plastic blonde Barbie? FINE.” 

When film and tv actors wear wigs, they soak their hair I'm conditioner but the main reason for that isn't to treat the hair, it's to make it as easy to manage as possible. 

The artistic director of the show thought wigs would help in the character creating. The problem is that team Con didn't put a lot of money into them and they looked ugly & cheap and limited Britney's ability to feel natural as she moved across the stage. Plus Britney needed time to practice in the wigs so they would serve and that didn't happen.

I think the cheap wigs just made Britney feel down on herself. I think they are one of the reasons Britney looked ready to go early in rehearsals but that deteriorated as rehearsals progressed. By opening day Britney had very low self confidence and definitely didn't see herself as the legend she is but more like a washed up nobody.

During Vegas, Team Con found a lot of ways to be cheap and to make Britney feel worthless. They were made/allowed to feel as if they were the stars of the show. And Britney was just a prop. It's how they treated her and it seems it's how she felt 😔

Edited by tarotx
Lots of typos...
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, tarotx said:

When film and tv actors wear wigs, they soak their hair I'm conditioner but the main reason for that isn't to treat the hair it's to make it as easy to manage as possible. 

The artistic director of the show thought wigs would help in the character creating. The problem is that team con didn't put a lot of money into them and they looked ugly & cheap and limited Britney's ability to feel natural as she moved across the stage. Plus Britney needed time to practice in the wigs so they would serve and that didn't happe.

I think the cheap wigs just made Britney feel down on herself. I think they are one of the reasons Britney looked ready to go early in the rehearsals but and that deteriorated as they progressed. By opening day Britney had very low self confidence and definitely didn't see herself as the legend she is but more like a washed up nobody.

During Vegas, Team Con found a lot of ways to be cheap and to make Britney feel worthless. They were made/allowed to feel as if they were the stars if the show. Britney was just a prop. It's how they treated her and it seems it's how she felt. 

All of this. Thank you for all of this! 

• Love 1

I kinda liked the main idea with the wigs from a storytelling/ show concept point of view. Every section could get a completely different Britney Look. I mean... Gaga does wigs all the time.

But the execution. A nice full lace human hair wig in different styles for every section of the show would be great IF executed well and professionally enough. Which wasn't the case.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block