Do you miss Nelly Furtado?

She was HUGE in the 2000s era!!!

nelly furtado dancing GIF

Literally her 'Loose' album is so good. I love her other albums too. She makes the bops. She also is one of many artists who can pretty much do all genres. 

hit it nelly furtado GIF

'Promiscuous' has that classic Timbaland sound everyone loves. 'Say It Right' is a good ballad, 'Do It' is pop perfection. 'Big Hoops' was very artsy fartsy yet still essentially Nelly. 'Parking Lot' is just a really cool and fun vibe. 'Spirit Indestructible' is an underrated inspirational song. 

nelly furtado no hay igual GIF

What's your favorite songs from her? 

confused nelly furtado GIF

Do YOU miss Nelly? 

Spoiler

She is iconic!!!

Here's some of my favorites! 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, The JayTawndre Show said:

Literally her 'Loose' album is so good. I love her other albums too. She makes the bops. She also is one of many artists who can pretty much do all genres. 

hit it nelly furtado GIF

'Promiscuous' has that classic Timbaland sound everyone loves. 'Say It Right' is a good ballad, 'Do It' is pop perfection. 'Big Hoops' was very artsy fartsy yet still essentially Nelly. 'Parking Lot' is just a really cool and fun vibe. 'Spirit Indestructible' is an underrated inspirational song. 

Do YOU miss Nelly? 

Reveal hidden contents

She is iconic!!!

She has the best music, i really miss her

• Love 2

Uh YEAH. She's always in my top 5 most streamed artists. 

Loose is just THAT album. Also her older songs are just amazing.

She seemingly hinted at upcoming music when she postef a picture of herself in the booth a few weeks ago.

The Ride was something differebt but Palaces still is one of her best songs! BREAK FREE FROM THE CHAINS!

I'd literally KILL to see her live just once!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Stefani said:

I only really like Loose tbh. I know she had more hits before that, but I don't care as much for her earlier work. But she's a mid-2000s pop legend and y'all will deal. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

What's your favorite song on Loose?

Mine personally is Te Busque. I really love the vibe of the song! It's the only song with Spanish I really love!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, The JayTawndre Show said:

hit it nelly furtado GIF

Do YOU miss Nelly? 

Reveal hidden contents

She is iconic!!!

Timbaland helped craft her sound for her entire Loose album and therefore, for that era too. She hasn’t been able to recreate the success she had with that era in her career. We hear about how certain producers or collaborators make a singer what they are more frequently today. Shania Twain is a great example of how she relied so heavily on her ex partner who helped craft her hits and sound that without him she just isn’t the same. Nelly is no different. Max Martin has done wonders for artists too who without his brilliance they can’t seem to catch a beat. I’d like to see Nelly hit it big again like a comeback. But something tells me she doesn’t care about that now. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, x.rox said:

Timbaland helped craft her sound for her entire Loose album and therefore, for that era too. She hasn’t been able to recreate the success she had with that era in her career. We hear about how certain producers or collaborators make a singer what they are more frequently today. Shania Twain is a great example of how she relied so heavily on her ex partner who helped craft her hits and sound that without him she just isn’t the same. Nelly is no different. Max Martin has done wonders for artists too who without his brilliance they can’t seem to catch a beat. I’d like to see Nelly hit it big again like a comeback. But something tells me she doesn’t care about that now. 

Agreed, and with Nelly, she also was rarely if ever focused on being as successful as possible. Her first album after 'Loose' dropped 3 years later and was in Spanish. It was successful in those markets, but she also didn't continue to nurture a career in the Spanish language. Her next album was 3 years later and by that point she was no longer a popular mainstream artist. She made a lot of money from her 1st and 3rd albums as she writes her songs, so she doesn't have to worry about working now unless she wants to. 

• Love 3

I like her a lot. Unfortunately, I really like pop music, and sometimes her music is too unusual and experimental for me. Due to this, I'm not sure I like any of her albums other than 'Mi Plan.' It's scattered tracks for me. Favorite songs:

Dar (English or Spanish) 

All Good Things Come to an End (English or Spanish)

Waiting for the Night 

Fantasmas 

Stars 

$hit on the radio

Onde Estas 

Re: missing her, I want another Spanish album. 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block