what is your unpopular opinion about britney spears 🤔

I’m a fan since the 90s so I watched most of her VMA performances live and remember their immediate impact and controversy, but I’m tired of talking and hearing about those performances. I understand why they’re important, and sometimes I rock out to them at home, but I just don’t give a F to hear about them anymore. I’m not saying they aren’t iconic, but I’m tired of the same discussion over and over again.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

I bought ITZ the day it came out in November 2003 and jammed out to every song off the album - except Toxic. It continues to be my favorite Britney album, but I cannot get into Toxic at all!

Oh really?

I actually do like alot of the other songs on the album too.

Yeah Toxic was nice and fresh when it came out but in the past decade,

thats the ONLY song being overplayed, acknowledged and considered "legendary".

In my unpopular opinion, I think BOMT, Oops and Slave are MORE legendary.

NOT saying Toxic isnt but maybe if it wasnt so overhyped, I'd like it more.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Oh really?

I actually do like alot of the other songs on the album too.

Yeah Toxic was nice and fresh when it came out but in the past decade,

thats the ONLY song being overplayed, acknowledged and considered "legendary".

In my unpopular opinion, I think BOMT, Oops and Slave are MORE legendary.

NOT saying Toxic isnt but maybe if it wasnt so overhyped, I'd like it more.

I adore BOMT, Oops, and Slave to this very day. It’s funny - I remember some newspapers panning Slave as a truly terrible song after her VMA performance, but it was good to me back then and it’s only gotten fresher and hotter to me as time goes on. She was experimenting with genres and I continue to be here for it!

I don’t hate Toxic, but I’ve always been numb to it. It just doesn’t do it for me. Even Jay-Z likes that song!

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

I adore BOMT, Oops, and Slave to this very day. It’s funny - I remember some newspapers panning Slave as a truly terrible song after her VMA performance, but it was good to me back then and it’s only gotten fresher and hotter to me as time goes on. She was experimenting with genres and I continue to be here for it!

I don’t hate Toxic, but I’ve always been numb to it. It just doesn’t do it for me. Even Jay-Z likes that song!

Slave is fresh, its probably one of her freshest songs in her entire career.

Yeah like I said I would like Toxic more if it wasnt so overhyped and overplayed.

Its not a bad song at all and I can see why people make a big deal out of the song but its just too much, you know?

That My Prerogative should have been the end of her music career and that she got the role for The NoteBook and married Ryan Gosling and had babies and only did movies lol, I love blackout but it seems that album broke her in every way possible. Set an impossibly high standard, out her into a conservatorship and made all her other work look and sound lame as a result. 😝

• Like 1
On 9/25/2022 at 1:37 PM, Littlewing said:

That I’m not even sure she’s alive or “posting on Instagram”. I think she has looked like someone else/different look-a-likes for years. 

You got me there! lol I love a good conspiracy theory. That said, if this current Britney were a clone, she wouldn’t have rebelled the way she did. She’d be fully compliant, even off-conservatorship.

• Like 1

My opinion that seems relatively unpopular here:

Britney expressing herself in 2022 is completely healthy and I as a fan like her openness

Your turn!

omg sorry i didnt notice this topic is already made

my apologies!

on the contrary of what i should have done, i must have seen this thread so called  unconsiously and then had the idea of making the thread. #CrackingUp

On 9/25/2022 at 5:14 PM, Daniela.tomasseli said:

When I watch old interviews and performances from her prime… I start to feel depressed because that person is gone and it wasn’t even her fault

Aw i agree with that. i watched Time Out With Britney Spears from 1999 and Live and More! from 2000 sometime last year and it kinda choked me up because it was like watching a completely different person altogether. she was so lively and loving what she was doing and so passionate about music and performing. it made me so sad that  was ruined for her  

• Like 2
On 9/25/2022 at 8:03 PM, Mohd93 said:

- Her instagram is usually either boring or shows her in a bad light (same rants, same dances, occasional messages that bring her a lot of hate because they're not expressed clearly, etc.) but I hate to bring it up because I feel like she should be allowed to do what she wants and I have never experienced what she experienced so it may take her to heal and adjust

- I actually love her voice, despite the criticism, whether it's a baby voice or her natural voice

- "You Got It All" showcase performance is one of my favorites, she sounds so good and I enjoy watching it on repeat

- I never liked "Inside Out"

- I enjoy her performances and music videos way more than her music alone

I also love her voice, it is everything. 

On 9/28/2022 at 2:23 AM, Arckangel said:

You got me there! lol I love a good conspiracy theory. That said, if this current Britney were a clone, she wouldn’t have rebelled the way she did. She’d be fully compliant, even off-conservatorship.

Haha, Yeah… I think the reality that has been confirmed sounds more outlandish than her dad hiring someone to pose for photos. I mean the conservatorship in itself is like some Black Mirror crazy thriller. And her dad like some evil character in a movie everyone would have called too crazy to be believable (his character). It is just too much evil, the family and the Team Con. Reality is so much worse than fiction…

Some fans keep talking about how everyone worshipped Britney during her prime years, but she used to actually get a lot of hate back then. People used to call her out for lip syncing, her style and even her intelligence (many times through fake quotes) all the time. She slayed indeed and the stans were fed, but her being such a perfect POP star also made her a huge target for early 2000s misogynistic America. 

I think she was probably the most respect in her career right after the NYT's documentaries and her court statements.

She generally has bad taste in men. Sam is a good choice though.

She should focus more on growing mentally and spiritually. We don’t need to see her nude on IG. She is is worth so much more than her body. 

She should permanently move to Maui or Australia.

She should take better care of her appearance. Tame that hair and remove the raccoon mascara. 

She should permanently cease contact with Madonna - that ***** is a bad influence. 

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.